Can we agree that GSP ducked Lawler twice?

Why would he duck Lawler to fight a guy that KO'd Lawler inside of 3 mins?

GSP would have 50-45'd Lawler. You people overrate the hell out of Lawler, he wasn't active enough to beat GSP

Because MMAth doesnt work.

It's well documented that he didn't want the belt because of the obligations it entailed. Ok, understandable. But the minute Bisping won the belt, he entertained the notion of a fight even though it'd be for a belt. And then he says he'd consider fighting for the LW title. Of course no mention of Lawler since he holds the belt GSP owned. Now Woodley becomes champ and he's out there getting tested. Seriously? I really hope Woodley KO's him back to retirement.

Now the first time he ducked Lawler was after his retirement fight. He squeaked out a controversial decision over Hendricks and he knew his next opponent would be Lawler or a rematch with a now very confident Hendricks. Either way, he ducked Robbie. GSP fears the KO.

Have to agree there OP. Can't wait for the GSP fans to make excuses and say he come back to wrestlefuck Lawler 50-45.

iVnvvm7.jpg

Lol no we can not all agree. Your argument makes no sense.

One point I would like to mention (there are many more as well) is that Woodley is a harder match up stylistically for GSP than Robbie.

Lol no we can not all agree. Your argument makes no sense.

One point I would like to mention (there are many more as well) is that Woodley is a harder match up stylistically for GSP than Robbie.

Please. He's gonna play the jab, jab, jab, jab, straight right, inside leg kick, TD, rinse and repeat

People seem to be forgetting that where GSP fights is an important motivation at this stage. The first ever UFC event at MSG is a big deal, something that motivates GSP, it lights that fire underneath him again.

Remember people, he wanted to be a part of UFC 200 & contract negotiations were to blame for his absence.

Don't use mma math

There is no math. He knocked him out..plain and simple. Woodley is also a very good wrestler. He showed up timid against Rory. Who knows what he was feeling that night. I think Woodley can beat GSP if he trains well, keeps a good mindset, and doesn't get caught up in all the hype.

GSP, I will refrain from posting my opinions about he and his actions.

Lawler is stylistically favorable opponent for GSP.

50-45

i mean, without question right? Guy sat quietly in retirement as Lawler was champion, the day after he isn't, he decides he wants to come back. You can still like GSP, he's still done all his things or whatever, but he's scared to death of Robbie Lawler

Neither is Hardy and neither is the guy who was highlighted by Marquardt.

I can't defend Hardy but who else should have GSP fought at that time? I think the UFC was trying to build another international star with Hardy.

I think Woodley's new highlight is changing Ruthless to Toothless now......

I think he was ducking MMA in general. Could tell he was mentally checked out of the game. Bottom line is that although lawler is a badass and one of the greatest stories in MMA, GSP at his peak probably would have steamrolled him.

In his peak, most likely. The GSP that "beat" Hendricks, would have gotten KO'd by Lawler IMO

But Woodley is a money fight. GTFOH, fuckin moron
It's a title fight moron. HTF is fighting for the belt against the champ who just beat Lawler whom no one cares about a worse selling PPV than fighting Lawler who robbed Condit, was getting smashed by Rory, arguably lost to Hendricks both fights and then just got KTFO?

It's a title fight moron. HTF is fighting for the belt against the champ who just beat Lawler whom no one cares about a worse selling PPV than fighting Lawler who robbed Condit, was getting smashed by Rory, arguably lost to Hendricks both fights and then just got KTFO?

Did you take a wrong turn to dummyville? No shit he's gonna fight the champ now. But where was he when Lawler was champ? Hiding under his bed. Dont try to twist this whole thing. You ain't that smart

It's well documented that he didn't want the belt because of the obligations it entailed. Ok, understandable. But the minute Bisping won the belt, he entertained the notion of a fight even though it'd be for a belt. And then he says he'd consider fighting for the LW title. Of course no mention of Lawler since he holds the belt GSP owned. Now Woodley becomes champ and he's out there getting tested. Seriously? I really hope Woodley KO's him back to retirement.

Now the first time he ducked Lawler was after his retirement fight. He squeaked out a controversial decision over Hendricks and he knew his next opponent would be Lawler or a rematch with a now very confident Hendricks. Either way, he ducked Robbie. GSP fears the KO.

No, we cant agree that.

I'm a Lawler fan, but I dont buy a theory that involves the cowardice of a man who came off a long lay-off to fight Carlos Condit, and ended his championship run by facing Johny Hendricks.

Sorry. I'll accept he never wanted the Silva fight at 185, but I cant buy into him fearing another welterweight. GSP spent his career beating the best and most dangerous guys they could find at 170.

GSP getting knocked out stiff in his return fight would be the greatest moment in MMA history next to Fedor getting stomped by Hendo

Did you take a wrong turn to dummyville? No shit he's gonna fight the champ now. But where was he when Lawler was champ? Hiding under his bed. Dont try to twist this whole thing. You ain't that smart
Retired moron. He was trying to negotiate a new contract, since his old contract can't be used. He literally can't fight under his old contract. But you are so knowledgeable you knew that right moron?

Retired moron. He was trying to negotiate a new contract, since his old contract can't be used. He literally can't fight under his old contract. But you are so knowledgeable you knew that right moron?

You seem to have as many excuses as he does

Back