Can we agree that GSP ducked Lawler twice?

What does he get from beating Lawler? Multiple of GSPs opponents already had decisive wins over him, does nothing for GSPs legacy.

GSP has also ducked finishing opponents his own size for the past 9 years.

Styles make fights.

Shields has an amazing chin and Lawler wasnt as good before.

Robbie can still be taken down by high level guys

Rory, Hendricks both took him down

Even if GSP is only 75% of prime he would be able to get the takedown and do massive damage

Yet he isnt scared tol fight the dude that KO'd Lawler in like 2 minutes. Logic.

GSP fought literally everyone the UFC wanted him to and nearly cleaned out the division to the point he was fighting guys like Dan Hardy for the belt. Never ducked a fight in his career and carved out a resume that is probably the best ever. So now, we are going to "agree" that he ducked fights that he didn't take when he was away from the sport? That is the literally the argument now? Shertards are out in full force this time of year.

During his career, "move to middleweight!". After he retires "come back at welterweight!". What is the bigger payday and what further establishes his legacy, fighting for the middleweight or welterweight title?

Who did Robbie beat again to become champion? ..... oh yea ... Hendricks.

Guess he didnt hold him down enough.

You have no idea what you are even talking about do you?

Robbie lost to hendricks in the first fight cause of the takedowns in the 5th round

General consensus is that he lost the second fight as well. Hendricks was able to get takedowns late in both fights

Difference between hendricks and GSP is that when GSP takes you down he throws stikes and passes guard. Hendricks on the ground is a blanket

GSP and Lawler didn't peak at the same time.
Of course not, it's obviously hypothetical. I just feel that people forget how dominant GSP was around here. In my opinion he is simply the most complete fighter and high level athlete the sport has seen. Lawler is a beast but I think GSP was simply on a level that no other fighter outside of jones, Anderson, and Fedor have achieved.

You really believe what you wrote? I am by no stretch of the imagination a GSP fan but unless he is far off his prime, he would beat Lawler easily. Not an exciting win but an easy win. Lawler would be on his back for 25 minutes.

I think GSP might be looking for fights that sell big PPV dollars. Lawler is a heck of a fighter but I've seen rolls of paper towel with more personality. Bisping while annoying AF knows how to stir up interest.

Woodley on the other hand has a ton of hype and his dismantling of Lawler proves it.

Add to that to further sink your theory into the toilet, Lawler got wiped out by the guy GSP wants to fight... MMA Math much?

GSP wouldn't be able to hold Lawler down for 25 minutes anymore than he was able to do that to Hendricks, let alone be able to do it without eating some hard shots that could put him away.

Woodley is not even the draw that Lawler is, let alone more of a draw, not even now after that 1 great win. Besides, wouldn't GSP want to fight the guy that beat Rory, a friend and training partner, and sort of avenge Tristar?

As far as your theory that's supposed to sink the OP's theory, that MMA math doesn't make sense. Lawler beat Rory, who beat Woodley, and did it twice...the 2nd time with a brutal stoppage that may have knocked some years off of Rory's career. Rory is very similar to GSP in the type of fighter he is and how he deals with opponents. Meanwhile, Rory was able to outpoint Woodley and showed he isn't as able to adapt to that sort of strategy as Lawler is. GSP knows this.

GSP wouldn't be able to hold Lawler down for 25 minutes anymore than he was able to do that to Hendricks, let alone be able to do it without eating some hard shots that could put him away.

Woodley is not even the draw that Lawler is, let alone more of a draw, not even now after that 1 great win. Besides, wouldn't GSP want to fight the guy that beat Rory, a friend and training partner, and sort of avenge Tristar?

As far as your theory that's supposed to sink the OP's theory, that MMA math doesn't make sense. Lawler beat Rory, who beat Woodley, and did it twice...the 2nd time with a brutal stoppage that may have knocked some years off of Rory's career. Rory is very similar to GSP in the type of fighter he is and how he deals with opponents. Meanwhile, Rory was able to outpoint Woodley and showed he isn't as able to adapt to that sort of strategy as Lawler is. GSP knows this.

Lawler beat Rory cause of a broken nose

Rory was up on all scorecards

Rory was only 3 minutes away from beating lawler

Come on man. Am I the only logical lawler fan on sherdog?

Lawler was also wrestle fucked by shields and finished

Oh that MMA math. 2 things wrong there. Lawler hadn't found his groove then and GSP isn't subbing anyone. Dude couldn't finish Hardy.

giphy.gif

What does he get from beating Lawler? Multiple of GSPs opponents already had decisive wins over him, does nothing for GSPs legacy.

Lol what? That's the most retarded logic I ever heard. Gee Lawler wasn't the WW champ, to say that doesn't mean anything or a win over the current champion is asinine

Lol what? That's the most retarded logic I ever heard. Gee Lawler wasn't the WW champ, to say that doesn't mean anything or a win over the current champion is asinine

if GSP did come back and beat lawler people would have brought up the condit and hendricks fights and would have downplayed lawler cause they hate GSP so much

You been on sherdog long enough to know this

GSP is always in a lose/lose situation when dealing with sherdog

GSP fought literally everyone the UFC wanted him to and nearly cleaned out the division to the point he was fighting guys like Dan Hardy for the belt. Never ducked a fight in his career and carved out a resume that is probably the best ever. So now, we are going to "agree" that he ducked fights that he didn't take when he was away from the sport? That is the literally the argument now? Shertards are out in full force this time of year.

During his career, "move to middleweight!". After he retires "come back at welterweight!". What is the bigger payday and what further establishes his legacy, fighting for the middleweight or welterweight title?

You tell me. If he wanted the biggest money fight at WW, he woulda fought Lawler. If he wanted to "establish his legacy" and fight for the MW belt, he shoulda fought Silva when they were both on top of their game but Silva "was too big". You hear that quack?

No. Lawler aint shit. Was gifted title anyway. I know you noobs like bar fights he got into but close means not that good.

I'm not even a Canadian blanket fan but one thing cant be denied total domination. Albeit lost to jacked to the nines Big Rig

Back