Can we agree that GSP ducked Lawler twice?

GSP didn't duck robbie lawler

I consider myself an expert on the matter

Yeah, GSP was scared of that glass jawed, one-trick pony. lol.

"No no i won't fight for the belt again" soon as Lawler loses it he's all over that shit.

It's a well documented fact that Lawler has shat on the GSP/Tristar fighting style twice now. Not even once expressing interest in getting revenge against the guy that changed Rorys career forever? GSP had a very hard night against Hendricks and it would be worse against Lawler. Atleast vs Woodley he can jab him all night long and set up his TDs that way.

"No no i won't fight for the belt again" soon as Lawler loses it he's all over that shit.

It's a well documented fact that Lawler has shat on the GSP/Tristar fighting style twice now. Not even once expressing interest in getting revenge against the guy that changed Rorys career forever? GSP had a very hard night against Hendricks and it would be worse against Lawler. Atleast vs Woodley he can jab him all night long and set up his TDs that way.

You just outed yourself as a retard

gsp ducked the hendricks rematch

actually big rigg retired him with that beatup

Nope.

Gsp had trounced 4 different fighters who have all finished Lawler.

Gsp schooled the guy who ktfod Lawler and the guy who made Lawler tap to strikes.

Gsp schooled the guys who outgrappled Lawler and submitted him.

At no point in their respective careers is Lawler better than Gsp nor does he pose any significant threats that Gsp has not encountered before.

Nope.

funny how these same people agreed with you when robbie still had the belt and GSP was actively ducking that fight

I think he was ducking MMA in general. Could tell he was mentally checked out of the game. Bottom line is that although lawler is a badass and one of the greatest stories in MMA, GSP at his peak probably would have steamrolled him.

GSP and Lawler didn't peak at the same time.

People opinion on lawler changes with whatever narrative they are trying to sell

When they wanna bash lawler they say
"Lawler lost to hendricks and condit, He is not the real champ and is gifted decisions"

When they wanna bash GSP they say
"GSP was ducking lawler, Lawler is a bad matchup for GSP"

Yes.

GSP ducked Hendricks
Lawler
USADA
Silva
CM Punk
All of the Sherdog forum users

anything else TS?

Everytime some Shertard starts one of these threads I automatically know I'm disagreeing

It's well documented that he didn't want the belt because of the obligations it entailed. Ok, understandable. But the minute Bisping won the belt, he entertained the notion of a fight even though it'd be for a belt. And then he says he'd consider fighting for the LW title. Of course no mention of Lawler since he holds the belt GSP owned. Now Woodley becomes champ and he's out there getting tested. Seriously? I really hope Woodley KO's him back to retirement.

Now the first time he ducked Lawler was after his retirement fight. He squeaked out a controversial decision over Hendricks and he knew his next opponent would be Lawler or a rematch with a now very confident Hendricks. Either way, he ducked Robbie. GSP fears the KO.

I dunno if that's the case, but it sure seems like GSP wanted no part of another fight with Hendricks or with Lawler. It was obvious he knew he lost that first fight with Hendricks after the fight and knew he wouldn't get a gift from the judges the 2nd time. Both Hendricks and Lawler are just bad matchups for him. Woodley has threats of his own but GSP probably thinks he can use a gameplan like Rory did to defeat Woodley, and he might be able to. Woodley is susceptible to a jabfest type strategy whereas Hendricks and Lawler are better at dealing with it and still stuffing lay and pray. The WW division isn't full of one-dimensional fighters like Fitch, Kos and Hardy anymore.

People opinion on lawler changes with whatever narrative they are trying to sell

When they wanna bash lawler they say
"Lawler lost to hendricks and condit, He is not the real champ and is gifted decisions"

When they wanna bash GSP they say
"GSP was ducking lawler, Lawler is a bad matchup for GSP"
Thats Shedog for ya.

GSP would have decisioned Lawler easily........He just needed a break, especially after the Hendricks fight

And before Woodley, who were the previous 2 champs? Lawler and the guy many felt he lost to, Hendricks. And it's certainly not about big money fights because GSP vs a fearless KO with good TDD would've been a bigger draw than GSP vs a guy who was wrestlefucked by Shields. GSP saw that last part I said and was licking his chops.

And before Woodley, who were the previous 2 champs? Lawler and the guy many felt he lost to, Hendricks. And it's certainly not about big money fights because GSP vs a fearless KO with good TDD would've been a bigger draw than GSP vs a guy who was wrestlefucked by Shields. GSP saw that last part I said and was licking his chops.

Lawler was also wrestle fucked by shields and finished

Back