Can we agree that GSP ducked Lawler twice?

mmmjojo

Tapped in 1.3 secs
@Brown
Reaction score
It's well documented that he didn't want the belt because of the obligations it entailed. Ok, understandable. But the minute Bisping won the belt, he entertained the notion of a fight even though it'd be for a belt. And then he says he'd consider fighting for the LW title. Of course no mention of Lawler since he holds the belt GSP owned. Now Woodley becomes champ and he's out there getting tested. Seriously? I really hope Woodley KO's him back to retirement.

Now the first time he ducked Lawler was after his retirement fight. He squeaked out a controversial decision over Hendricks and he knew his next opponent would be Lawler or a rematch with a now very confident Hendricks. Either way, he ducked Robbie. GSP fears the KO.

I think he was ducking MMA in general. Could tell he was mentally checked out of the game. Bottom line is that although lawler is a badass and one of the greatest stories in MMA, GSP at his peak probably would have steamrolled him.

Everyone says so.

And you must capitalize FACT. Only then is it a FACT.

It's well documented that he didn't want the belt because of the obligations it entailed. Ok, understandable. But the minute Bisping won the belt, he entertained the notion of a fight even though it'd be for a belt. And then he says he'd consider fighting for the LW title. Of course no mention of Lawler since he holds the belt GSP owned. Now Woodley becomes champ and he's out there getting tested. Seriously? I really hope Woodley KO's him back to retirement.

Now the first time he ducked Lawler was after his retirement fight. He squeaked out a controversial decision over Hendricks and he knew his next opponent would be Lawler or a rematch with a now very confident Hendricks. Either way, he ducked Robbie. GSP fears the KO.
How can you duck someone while being partially retired lol for 3 years ? Was he offered a contract and said no ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Look, I'll make no bones about it, I'm a blatant GSP fanboy.

.....but yeah, I sort of agree with you OP. He wants big $ fights against other volume strikers. What kills me is that we could FINALLY get GSP/Anderson but he seems to have no interest in that fight. Sure, it would be Chuck/Wand all over again but I don't give a shit because Chuck/Wand was awesome.

No, but can we all agree that Lawler showed no interest in that fight?

I'm not buying it. GSP has faced a murderers row.

You really believe what you wrote? I am by no stretch of the imagination a GSP fan but unless he is far off his prime, he would beat Lawler easily. Not an exciting win but an easy win. Lawler would be on his back for 25 minutes.

I think GSP might be looking for fights that sell big PPV dollars. Lawler is a heck of a fighter but I've seen rolls of paper towel with more personality. Bisping while annoying AF knows how to stir up interest.

Woodley on the other hand has a ton of hype and his dismantling of Lawler proves it.

Add to that to further sink your theory into the toilet, Lawler got wiped out by the guy GSP wants to fight... MMA Math much?

how do you dodge a fight in a sport ur not activley competing in nor have for a number of years ... ill wait. if this is true ts is dodging simone biles in the all around.

Why would he duck Lawler to fight a guy that KO'd Lawler inside of 3 mins?

GSP would have 50-45'd Lawler. You people overrate the hell out of Lawler, he wasn't active enough to beat GSP

GSP would have decisioned Lawler easily........He just needed a break, especially after the Hendricks fight

Wow, an actual retard!

Yet somehow you manage to type.....

Fought every great top welterweight his entire career. Please shut up.

Back