Can Vettori even beat Brunson

Brunson is THE gatekeeper. A fight against him definitely determine if you are elite or not.

I’m a Vettori Hater .... but he’d have a good chance of winning that fight

Same. Can't stand the guy but he is clearly Top 5 MW.
He is great against grappler because he is a superior striker, and great against people with no TDD.
But i don't see Whitaker, Gastelum, Costa and Cannonier get wrestlefuck and he is not going to outstrike them.
His next fight is going to be really hard

underrated power/striking if you watch some of his previous fights, He doesn't swing to take ppl's heads off, but when he connects they're visually wobbled usually. He's getting better fast too, wouldn't be surprised if he starts ko'ing everyone tbh. He was mainly just being careful because hollard has an insane reach.

underrated power/striking if you watch some of his previous fights, He doesn't swing to take ppl's heads off, but when he connects they're visually wobbled usually. He's getting better fast too, wouldn't be surprised if he starts ko'ing everyone tbh. He was mainly just being careful because hollard has an insane reach.
Lol would love to see him try slug it out with Whittaker.

His standup sucks

You say that like Brunson wouldn't beat 95% or more of the MW division. Brunson is in his prime and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat anyone at MW, the thing that always held him back was his fight IQ and he's greatly improved that in the last 4-5 years.

I can see either fighter winning that fight and either fighter fighting for or winning the belt.

You say that like Brunson wouldn't beat 95% or more of the MW division. Brunson is in his prime and I wouldn't be surprised if he beat anyone at MW, the thing that always held him back was his fight IQ and he's greatly improved that in the last 4-5 years.

I can see either fighter winning that fight and either fighter fighting for or winning the belt.
Neither Bunsen nor vettori will win a belt, imo. I can’t see it.

It’s possible, however Brunson has more paths to victory and carries lots of power so chances are Vettori comes unstuck.

Depends which Brunson shows up. He tends to fold a lot in big fights. I could see Vettori's pressure being too much for him.

Hopefully we don't find out! I have a feeling that fight would be a big pile of dog shit...
My money definitely on Vettori

Vettori has much better cardio and his grappling is good enough to stop Brunson's TDs. He would keep it standing and pick Derek apart.

Striking and cardio are on Vettori's side for sure.

Easy decision win IMO.

Back