Can Vettori do what Jan did?

This is like one of those typical Anderson Silva title defenses when he fought grapplers. Vettori is likely to be in control of the fight and Israel should be able to catch him at some point and finish him.

The difference is Israel is a lot weaker on the ground than Silva so it might not work out. Jan is very much a standup fighter and was able to easily control him on the ground.

Jan isn't better defensively than Marvin check the numbers.

Check the context and watch the fights

Marvin has fought the likes of Shoeface, Miranda, Omari, Mutante, Sanchez, Roberson, Hermannson... none of them have good striking. Only Izzy and Holland do and his striking looked horrible in both fights

Meanwhile Jan has been fighting the likes of Jimi, Gustafsson. Cannonier, Santos, Reyes etc.

If you don't see the vast improvement Adesanya has made since, and compare it to the workmanlike progress Vettori has made, idk what sport you're watching

Same thing with Covington and Usman. Usman was better enough to edge the first fight but has improved leaps and bounds since, while Colby looked tepid against the ghost of Tyron.

Both should be easy rematch victories for the Champs
Amen Sherbro.

not to mention usmans been putting in the work and keeping active, honing his skills like a fuckin savage every fight, while Colby took a fight against the ghost of woodley just to get a win and sits around waiting for a title shot. The first fight was awesome, but the second fight is going to look nothing like the first, and Colby loses much quicker this time around.

No, because Vettori isn't 20+ pounds heavier.

It's wild how people who cast aside physical reality think they're participating in some sort of virtue by giving the nod to Jan's skillset over Izzy's while acting flippant to anyone who mentions the clear size difference here.

He won because he's way, way bigger, and even he knew he couldn't stand and trade. He used his size advantage to hug out a victory.

If I happen to put any significant amount of money on Izzy to win, like 200 bucks or more, it’s almost a sure thing Vettori wins. Should I do it bros?

Not really sure why Marvin seems content to stand in front of him like a twat and let his leg get kicked into another dimension.

Improvement in what exactly? He's still a fancy boy who wants to style and confuse you don't give him time & space to get comfortable and set and don't let up.
Vettori pressured him all night and looked silly punching air. Vettori did even better than I expected tbh. Other than taking Izzy's back, how was I incorrect? Marvin had workman-like progress making his way to this title shot. Adesanya improved meteorically and smashed every opponent he fought after that split decision.

Clearly we were watching a different sport

Sorry but the only quality win in Adesanya curriculum are Gastelum & Whittaker the rest not so much .
Who else is he supposed to fight? Yall reach so hard to discredit greatness it's absurd. He dismantled Brunson and Costa. Anderson Silva is still Anderson Silva. Ask Cormier's midsection. And while not the most entertaining, a clear decision victory over Yoel is more than most fighters have accomplished with no short notice shenanigans.

Last edited:
Vettori pressured him all night and looked silly punching air. Vettori did even better than I expected tbh. Other than taking Izzy's back, how was I incorrect? Marvin had workman-like progress making his way to this title shot. Adesanya improved meteorically and smashed every opponent he fought after that split decision.

Clearly we were watching a different sport

Fought Izzy to 3rd decision the 1st time fought him to a 5rd decision last night Vettori needed to listen what his corner was telling him. He chose to head hunt Izzy looking for the highlight KO instead of breaking down the body to slow him to make his pressuring far more effective. Kudo to Izzy for excellent ground and fence work.

Clearly we watching the same sport but seeing different things in the fight, later bro...l@nd0

Jan did a great job of using his lead leg primarily defensively, but also at times offensively to throw a teep or a front kick.

Vettori didn't use that at all, and I don't really understand why. Everyone in the world knew Izzy wasn't going to try to take him down.

Back