Can Vettori do what Jan did?

Jan is mentally different to Vettori.
much more down-to-earth.
This type of fighter is often the kryptonite of show fighters depending on their skill level.

You expect vettori to go five rounds with Izzy and win?

Maybe if he lays on top of him but I think he's going to be gassed

And he if does lay on him for 5rds Izzy will be just as gassed with heavier Vittori pressing down on him doing work on him.

Jan outa truck Izzy, Marvin will be lucky to land 25% of his strikes.

I think you guys are overrating Jan a little bit, no doubt he is the 205 champ but he is not prime Jones or DC. Jan is 37 years old, he was underdog against Reyes and even against Adesanya after winning that Reyes fight. His defense wasn't great in Reyes fight, he just found the right angles and finished Reyes before Reyes could counter him. Adesanya even said he was expecting careless Jan after watching Reyes fight, his defense didn't impress Adesanya which is why he thought he could handle Jan and counter him before the fight. Jan also got KOed by Santos just 2 years ago. Vettori's striking defense is not bad, and he was never even KOed in his entire career, that doesn't mean he will not be in this fight or in the future, but you can't ignore the fact that Vettori came here without even getting finished by submission or KO. All of his loses are decisions, and one of them was even a close decision loss to current champ.

GSP also recently mentioned a good point that I didn't notice before, he said Adesanya also has trouble with southpaws;

- Gastellum
- Romero
- Vettori

All of them are left handed. I think this might be another factor in this fight other than Vettori's takedowns and wrestling.

But I still think Adesanya is slightly favorite to win, decision or finish. Can Vettori pull a decision win like Jan? We will see, I think it depends on his cardio, and we will see how good it is for a 5 rounds fight.

I think this might look like more Izzy vs Costa than it does Izzy vs Jan
Jan is mentally different to Vettori.
much more down-to-earth.
This type of fighter is often the kryptonite of show fighters depending on their skill level.
You guys are talking like Vettori has never fought Adesanya before, they already fought before and the fight was super close, it could go either way. It was nothing like Costa or Whittaker.

Marvin is starving for blood. It's over for izzy, shouldve stayed at lhw.

He's got the body type, size and strength to do so and Jan made a blueprint...

567136-20262777.png
My Tapology disagrees, but I’d gladly be wrong on this one. Izzy by decision.

A better question is why would vittori be expected to do what a completely different man who's bigger, more skilled, and better than him in every way, did.

I wanna say yes, but Jan's a grizzled old veteran who had the patience as well as size and range to be competitive.

I think it's easier to keep Vettori at range and bait him into something. But! Vettori's one of the biggest weight cutters at MW, he will be, effectively, a LHW when rehydrated in there. And his grappling skills have gotten better since the first fight. So it could get into the Blach zone, if Marvin gets a good hold of Izzy. But, man, it all starts on the feet and even Holland had success.

THe best quote on Vittori comes from that brit that ufc fired, name escapes me atm

Vettori is that brown belt that shows up early to open matt whose gaze all the black belts avoid.,,

He can out-muscle Izzy and has improved greatly as a fighter. Im hoping for an excellent and competitive fight.

I think you guys are overrating Jan a little bit, no doubt he is the 205 champ but he is not prime Jones or DC. Jan is 37 years old, he was underdog against Reyes and even against Adesanya after winning that Reyes fight. His defense wasn't great in Reyes fight, he just found the right angles and finished Reyes before Reyes could counter him. Adesanya even said he was expecting careless Jan after watching Reyes fight, his defense didn't impress Adesanya which is why he thought he could handle Jan and counter him before the fight. Jan also got KOed by Santos just 2 years ago. Vettori's striking defense is not bad, and he was never even KOed in his entire career, that doesn't mean he will not be in this fight or in the future, but you can't ignore the fact that Vettori came here without even getting finished by submission or KO. All of his loses are decisions, and one of them was even a close decision loss to current champ.

GSP also recently mentioned a good point that I didn't notice before, he said Adesanya also has trouble with southpaws;

- Gastellum
- Romero
- Vettori

All of them are left handed. I think this might be another factor in this fight other than Vettori's takedowns and wrestling.

But I still think Adesanya is slightly favorite to win, decision or finish. Can Vettori pull a decision win like Jan? We will see, I think it depends on his cardio, and we will see how good it is for a 5 rounds fight.

You guys are talking like Vettori has never fought Adesanya before, they already fought before and the fight was super close, it could go either way. It was nothing like Costa or Whittaker.
The fight was not 'super close'
The split decision was a joke, Izzy clearly won the first 2 rounds.

Vettori is going to look lost on the feet vs Izzy. He has to hope he can lay and pray for 3 rounds.

My Tapology disagrees, but I’d gladly be wrong on this one. Izzy by decision.

I know the odds are against me but I just like Vettori's cockiness bucking against Izzy's and for everyone saying Izzy is in his head I can see Izzy just as bothered by Vettori. Win or lose I think he pushes Izzy to the limit...

In your opinion only, round 2 was clearly Adesanya and round 3 was clearly Vettori, the first round was very close which is why some people think Vettori won.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/scoring-1st-round-of-adesanya-vs-vettori-1.4188358/

I am not convinced that Vettori or Adesanya won the first round, in my opinion its 10-10, but I won't say anyone who think Adesanya won is wrong, or Vettori, as I said, it was very close.

Adesanya clearly won, and Chris Lee is a retard.

Costa is a better win than any of Marvin's win. Then if you are going to say Costa is overated and i'm going to say Costa's best win (Romero) is a better than any of Marvin's win. And if Romero is overated, a lot of Romero's win are better than any of Marvin's win.

I'm not saying Marvin is bad or has no chance, but you can't seriously say Israel record is not miles above
Never said Marvin resumee was better.

No Jan is a significantly better striker than Marvin and defensively theyre eons apart.

Marvin might be the better P4P wrestler but Jan had 20-30lbs on Izzy and his BJJ is at least as good.
Jan isn't better defensively than Marvin check the numbers.

Why are you talking about the judge? I don't care who the judge is, I am talking about my own opinion and others. I never said anything about which judge scored which round. You can also see other people in that thread thinking that it was close or draw round, basically.

I didn't even know which judge scored which round, I just watch the fight and it's clear that round 1 was very close. Anyone who watch the fight can see that, you don't need a judge to see it.
I think Chris Lee got it wrong and anybody who scores round 1 for Vettori doesn't fully comprehend what they're watching.

Jan isn't better defensively than Marvin check the numbers.
Not the same level of competition

I hate UFC stats

It's not like team sports where every team plays eachother so the numbers have relevance between teams

Back