Can Vettori do what Jan did?

Doubt it. Vettori is very hittable, Jan has solid defense. That made a huge difference against Adesanya, who couldn't land anything good on Jan at all.

He's got the body type, size and strength to do so and Jan made a blueprint...

567136-20262777.png

Doubt it. Vettori is very hittable, Jan has solid defense. That made a huge difference against Adesanya, who couldn't land anything good on Jan at all.

No less hittable than the first time they fought to a split decision...

Where this crap about Vettori being a punch bag comes from? Going by the numbers he has a better striking defence than Adesanya (Vettori 66% - Adesanys 61%)

No, Vettori doesn't have Jan's size or striking acumen

No less hittable than the first time they fought to a split decision...
If you don't see the vast improvement Adesanya has made since, and compare it to the workmanlike progress Vettori has made, idk what sport you're watching

Same thing with Covington and Usman. Usman was better enough to edge the first fight but has improved leaps and bounds since, while Colby looked tepid against the ghost of Tyron.

Both should be easy rematch victories for the Champs

Where this crap about Vettori being a punch bag comes from? Going by the numbers he has a better striking defence than Adesanya (Vettori 66% - Adesanys 61%)
That happens when the quality of your competition is leagues ahead

I’m not saying that Vettori can’t win, but he definitely can’t do what Jan did. Jan is bigger and a much more skilled and harder hitting striker.

That happens when the quality of your competition is leagues ahead
Sorry but the only quality win in Adesanya curriculum are Gastelum & Whittaker the rest not so much .

If you don't see the vast improvement Adesanya has made since, and compare it to the workmanlike progress Vettori has made, idk what sport you're watching

Same thing with Covington and Usman. Usman was better enough to edge the first fight but has improved leaps and bounds since, while Colby looked tepid against the ghost of Tyron.

Both should be easy rematch victories for the Champs

Improvement in what exactly? He's still a fancy boy who wants to style and confuse you don't give him time & space to get comfortable and set and don't let up.

I'm prepared to eat crow for this one, but its been a while since I've been this sure about a fight. I wholeheartedly believe Izzy is going to tool Marvin unless something absolutely crazy happens (injury, DQ's, etc.)

Vettori could barely get Adesanya down the first time.

He couldn't get him down the first two rounds and got 2/2 in round 3. But that's the thing about guys like Vettori who keep forcing the ground game, eventually they're gonna get it. Even though he will have problems in the first two rounds and may fail on every attempt, it's those grinding TD attempts that could get Izzy tired and the TD comes easier later in the fight. That's gonna be the key in this fight, how well can Izzy defend the TD after round 3. And keep in mind, his wrestling has got better as well.

I think I am picking Izzy by TKO here but I can see Marvin making it really tough or getting a UD if he keeps wearing on Izzy.

I'm prepared to eat crow for this one, but its been a while since I've been this sure about a fight. I wholeheartedly believe Izzy is going to tool Marvin unless something absolutely crazy happens (injury, DQ's, etc.)

You still my boy even though we on opposite sides of the cage for this one. I'm crossing all fingers & toes that Vettori is Victorious....

Nah. Vettori likely shits the bed but stranger things have happened

No Jan is a significantly better striker than Marvin and defensively theyre eons apart.

Marvin might be the better P4P wrestler but Jan had 20-30lbs on Izzy and his BJJ is at least as good.

Back