Can UFC 200 potentially be more than 2 title fights?

Nightmaree

Questionmark
@Silver
Reaction score
Can UFC 200 potentially be more than 2 title fights? We now Conor will be there, also maybe Holm/Tate and DC/Jones (it's month away but still) winner can compete there and Cruz can be back around July, Lawler will be ready too.

your thoughts ?

I don't know. I feel like all of the biggest fights are taking place before that event. Hopefully the UFC has a plan.

They'd need to reserve 3 x 25 minutes air time (plus the entrances, etc) just for the 3 title fights for that I guess

Then again I guess Conor won't need go the distance

If I remember correctly in UFC 100 they had to push Fitch/Paulo back after the scheduled main event (Lesnar/Mir 2) as the PPV air time was running out

It would be historical, that's for sure. I hope it happens.

Hope we get a Henderson bisping ko lol. That was amazing lol

I think they will have it with two title fights a title eliminator and a big old barn burner super fights.

I think;

Lawler vs Condit 2
Conor Vs Edgar
Woodley vs Wonderboy

I sincerely doubt they manage to cram 3 title fights on to UFC 200, just too many match ups that don't include a belt.

GSP's return is pretty much the consensus for the headliner, so after that it's a question of if he fights Lawler. (Silva & McGregor being possible opponents)

The Co-Main will certainly be a title fight, i'd be willing to bet it's McGregor vs Edgar or Aldo, provided he gets beaten by RDA and is still able to fight.

After that, you might see Cruz vs Faber, but I doubt they'll stack the title fights to that extent.

If they do manage to put on 3 titles, it's got to be WW, FW, and BW though.

If all the big names are unavailable and UFC is left with the likes of MM, Cruz, Joanna, then yes.

i hope so
Conor vs Frankie
GSP vs Lawler
Jones vs Rumble

Dana White VS Conor McGregor open weight class for the VP-Titel.

The whole main card could be all title fights.

I want to see crazy match ups. Lawler in there for sure. He could fight Conor if the latter wins or GSP. Both fights would be absolutely huge.

Conor aint makin 45 any time soon

Who said 145 ?

Edgar has proved to be successful at 155

Edgar wants a title shot,not necessarily FW title shot

Conor is fighting at 155

Conor has trouble making 145

He would vacate the FW belt and fight Edgar for the LW belt,I guarantee you that

I'm thinking maybe UFC can even make Rockhold/Silva if he wins against Bisping, and Chris fight Bisping on Amsterdam card

Time restraints is the biggest factor.

If all the big names are unavailable and UFC is left with the likes of MM, Cruz, Joanna, then yes.
Joanna is apparently fighting the night before on TUF finale.

They still got UFC 199 to book so we need to see how things are looking after that, but at the moment there's a ton of potential champs to fight. Jones/DC, Conor at 145, RDA if he retains, Holm/Tate, Cruz, Lawler.

I doubt they'll put 3 title fights on though just because of the potential of having three five round fights and them all being boring. It would be a disaster.

Who said 145 ?

Edgar has proved to be successful at 155

Edgar wants a title shot,not necessarily FW title shot

Conor is fighting at 155

Conor has trouble making 145

He would vacate the FW belt and fight Edgar for the LW belt,I guarantee you that
Well that's what I was thinkin but I thought people would call it silly cos Edgar's natural weight is 145

If I remember correctly in UFC 100 they had to push Fitch/Paulo back after the scheduled main event (Lesnar/Mir 2) as the PPV air time was running out

You're right. Always thought that was odd.

Back