***Can TJ be Sued****

DIRTYCOP

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Would love to hear the opinion of anyone with legal schooling on this.

I would think that a fighter would be able to sue TJ for cheating in competition and taking money away from them, as well as opportunity costs.. Similar to how Lance Armstrong was sued by other cyclists when he admitted to taking PEDs.

I believe Lance was also caught using EPO too.

Am I wrong?

I don't have any legal expertise sorry. But if said scenario occurs, why can't a fighter from a ufc event in 1998 sue an opponent that popped back then?

Same logic just longer time.

I don't have any legal expertise sorry. But if said scenario occurs, why can't a fighter from a ufc event in 1998 sue an opponent that popped back then?

Same logic just longer time.

exactly.....not sure why there arent more lawsuits for things like this.......it seems like the suspensions arent doing enough to discourage PED use. Maybe a few lawsuits would make people think twice

I'm fairly certain all the wavers and documents they sign prevent this from happening.

exactly.....not sure why there arent more lawsuits for things like this.......it seems like the suspensions arent doing enough to discourage PED use. Maybe a few lawsuits would make people think twice

I'm willing to bet lawyers would be all over this if they could make mo...... I mean, right the wrongs their client suffered.

In another thread the hunt case was mentioned. It was dismissed.

As far as i understand cody would have to sue the UFC, not TJ.

And good luck with that. We saw what happened to Hunt...

No. All TJ would have to do is point out his loss to little Henry Cejudo to show there are several determining factors that go into a victory. You can't simply blame the EPO, lol.

No. All TJ would have to do is point out his loss to little Henry Cejudo to show there are several determining factors that go into a victory. You can't simply blame the EPO, lol.
I see your point, but Lance was sued and there are a myriad of factors that go into winning a Tour de France.

Wish there was a lawyer online now. And, to be honest, I wish this EPO shit wasnt so dangerous, Id love to try it for my jiu jitsu training

As far as i understand cody would have to sue the UFC, not TJ.

And good luck with that. We saw what happened to Hunt...
Did he actually file a lawsuit against the UFC?

Back