Can TJ and Henry grow the smaller weight classes

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
300k for a card filled with smaller fighter isn't terrible. It seems like TJ/Cejudo is imminent at 125, even MM has signed off on it. TJ is a top 3 p4p fighter and Cejudo the Mexican American(does this matter?) gold medalist who beat MM.
They are starting to do their own promos with Mario Lopez + tmz
TJ has defended his belt and MM will be out for a while, I think this is the time to do this fight

I understand that Cody Garbrandt probably was a big factor in the higher than usual buyrate

300k for a card filled with smaller fighter isn't terrible. It seems like TJ/Cejudo is imminent at 125, even MM has signed off on it. TJ is a top 3 p4p fighter and Cejudo the Mexican American(does this matter?) gold medalist who beat MM.
They are starting to do their own promos with Mario Lopez + tmz
TJ has defended his belt and MM will be out for a while, I think this is the time to do this fight

I understand that Cody Garbrandt probably was a big factor in the higher than usual buyrate
They already are. TJ vs Cody 2 was the second highest selling bantamweight fight of all time in an time where ppvs are generally low

Last edited:
Tj yes. With slight charisma. Will need help.

I dont think Henry has any charisma what so ever. So no on this one

Even though MM isn't a draw, he was the main reason a super fight between the two classes was appealing. Due to his dominance. It doesn't have the same appeal with Cejudo.

Maybe? But I am sick and tired of this whole 2 belt thing. They should fight but do it at a catchweight. Divisions keep getting held up with this dual champion bit.

Can TJ and Henry grow the smaller weight classes

They need to "grow" themselves first. Damn smurfs. <Moves><Moves><Moves><Moves>

I don't think so. Size does matter.

Maybe? But I am sick and tired of this whole 2 belt thing. They should fight but do it at a catchweight. Divisions keep getting held up with this dual champion bit.
but then catchweight wouldn't be as meaningful. dillashaw wants another belt

I wouldn't be surprised if the January card is something like tj vs cruz 2, with Henry vs Cody comain to capitalize on the same mix as 227.

but then catchweight wouldn't be as meaningful. dillashaw wants another belt

Too bad you can’t have one. You fight the fights that mean the most to your legacy. Beating Henry at this point would be a very good win. But the two belt thing makes no sense. One fighter can’t hold two. The divisions just don’t move.

I'd like to see Cejudo defeat MM again, or Benavidez, before I see him being the king down there long-term.

Too bad you can’t have one. You fight the fights that mean the most to your legacy. Beating Henry at this point would be a very good win. But the two belt thing makes no sense. One fighter can’t hold two. The divisions just don’t move.
yeah he will get it then he will drop the 125 one, most likely

Henry comes across as a weirdo to be honest. He needs to find a way to appeal to the hispanic population in a way that Canada got behind GSP or Ireland got behind McGregor. Otherwise he alome can't save 125lbs.

UFC puts countless legit contendors at 125 on fightpass so they remain unknown all the way up until they have a title fight. No champion can fix that.

I think Tj is starting to gain a pretty solid fanbase. Cejudo is brand new. I don't think he's the guy to make flyweight blow up.

The guy who really has star potential is O'Malley but he's years away

yeah he will get it then he will drop the 125 one, most likely

Exactly which sort of defeats the purpose. In this day and age virtually nobody is fighting four times in one year. Which makes sense because that would basically mean you are in training camp year-round. A lot of the top guys fight twice if you are lucky maybe three times. They are just not active enough to be holding two belts. Then we get all of these interim titles. And I hate those.

Having them fight at a catchweight would still holdup a division. Plus the only guys ahead of TJ in the p4p rankings are dual champs

Having them fight at a catchweight would still holdup a division. Plus the only guys ahead of TJ in the p4p rankings are dual champs

It holds the division up for one fight. One guy holding two belts hold it up for much longer. These guys don’t fight four times a year. They fight maybe twice. So that would mean one defense in each class. It’s not worth it. I promise you the UFC is going to start outlawing this 2 division champ thing. Conor Started it and then everybody said I want to do it too.

They couldnt even grow like a normal sized guy...

It holds the division up for one fight. One guy holding two belts hold it up for much longer. These guys don’t fight four times a year. They fight maybe twice. So that would mean one defense in each class. It’s not worth it. I promise you the UFC is going to start outlawing this 2 division champ thing. Conor Started it and then everybody said I want to do it too.
Fair enough I understand, I can also understand why TJ would want double champ status

Fair enough I understand, I can also understand why TJ would want double champ status

I get it. But I think the UFC needs to start outlawing that and saying if you want to chase another belt you need to drop it then move down or up. GSP Did it without the welterweight title and his legacy went up. You don’t have to hold two at the same time.

Back