Can Thiago Silva become a contender in the Light Heavyweight Division

I think he can become a contender, in his last fight he showed new skills in the stand up that he had not previously shown and he is dangers both on the feet and on the ground and is hard to take down and keep down. I don't think he beats Alex or Jones but I think he has a good shot against most everyone else. I would like to eventually see Thiago Silva vs Glover as they are similar in size and fighting style, though I think Silva has better striking and GnP but has a weaker chin.

There are a lot of people in here underrating Thiago Silva. A lot of LHWs can't beat Rashad, Machida, and Gus. Rashad couldn't keep Thiago Silva down while he had an injured back and nearly got KTFO.

I don't think Thiago will get the title but I do think he will crack the top 5.

At 30 years old, he moves like he's in his forties. It's obvious how bad those back injuries have slowed him down. Dangerous guy, but he's not the fighter he was when he first burst onto the scene.

I like Thiago Silva, but I don't think he will become a contender. I think he will have problems with guys like Shogun, Te Huna, Evans, ect but I wish him nothing but the best I love watching him fight.

He's a good gatekeeper for anyone that want to break into top 10. I like to see him fight though, but I can't see him going up the ladder.

There are a lot of people in here underrating Thiago Silva. A lot of LHWs can't beat Rashad, Machida, and Gus. Rashad couldn't keep Thiago Silva down while he had an injured back and nearly got KTFO.

I don't think Thiago will get the title but I do think he will crack the top 5.

With Gus, Jones, and Glover there, Davis improving, and Cormier coming down, there's no room for Thiago in the top 5. He can't stay healthy, he's not consistently focused, and he lacks the chin for his brawling style against top guys. I see him remaining fringe top 10 until a few more hungry youngsters pass him by.

he's too slow for some guys, plus he's more a brawler than a strategist, i dont think he can beat guys like davis, bader, or rashad/gus in a rematch

I think that ship has sailed but he's a fun fighter and skilled as well. I'm not sure how much the back injuries took out of him though

Guys with better technique and fight strategy/gameplan will always get the best of him, we've seen that time and time again. So for now, I guess no longer he'll be a contender or a fighter talked about being in the top 5

> Can Thiago Silva become a contender in the Light Heavyweight Division

You think he even cares? He signed to fight a retired fighter. Why doesn't he just retire already?

I think his injuries will hold him back

With Gus, Jones, and Glover there, Davis improving, and Cormier coming down, there's no room for Thiago in the top 5. He can't stay healthy, he's not consistently focused, and he lacks the chin for his brawling style against top guys. I see him remaining fringe top 10 until a few more hungry youngsters pass him by.

I forgot about Cormier but I don't think it's a given that Davis beats Thiago, he is hard to take down and much harder to keep down. If were including Cormier in the top 5 already I think Thiago will be in the 6-8 range once he gets a fight with someone like Bader who I think he would smash.

I'd like to see him fight Shogun, but Shogun is scheduled to fight someone. What about Bader?

I could see him making a run at a title shot......dude had a few setbacks but hes legit we shall see soon enough i expect him to crush matt hammil.

Back