Can Thiago Silva become a contender in the Light Heavyweight Division

He is a dangerous guy. He could give most of the top 10 guys a run for there money on his day.

Starting with a win over Matt Hamill, what could be next for him? He would need a top 10 opponent. Mousasi, Lil Nog, rematch with Gustafsson? I can see him giving them a good fight.

If he stays off the weed of course.

20090831084229_IMG_4360.jpg

[email protected]

knockouts_Lyoto_Machida_KOs_Thiago_Silva.gif

Mah fav 205er. I really hope the best for this guy. Damn back problems nearly cost him his career.

Good fighter ,but no the division is too stacked

Thiago Silva vs Mauricio Rua is a fight id definatley like to see.

I see Thiago as a gatekeeper, or a guy to make fun match ups with alot of people @ 205

His best days are behind him and with the piss Scandal it's easy to question if he was using before he last couple of outings have been sub par the step in competition is the lhw division is gonna be a hard climb

Think his better days are behind him.

If he can stay injury and drug free he has a chance. If I was in the UFC brass I would be careful when dealing with a guy who is a prone to setbacks in his career due to both and because of that even if he beats Hammill I would not give him a top contender next. Make him prove his injuries are resolved. Make him prove he is drug free. Make sure he can keep the win streak going. If he were to beat the winner of Beltran/Maldonado or Pokrajac if he beats Calvacante (sp) then he should get a number one contender fight.

Silva is really underrated. He's fought great competition at LHW and only Machida has finished him. His other losses were to Rashad(a close fight) and Gus. These are all consistent top 5 level LHW's otherwise he's never actually lost. I remember the Machida- Silva fight at UFC 94 when both were unbeaten and the future of the LHW division kind of like Jones- Bader a few years later except IMO Silva's better than Bader. There's no reason why Silva shouldn't get fights to prove himself again. He'll probably never get a title shot but the can give top guys problems.

Thiago will never be a title contender but he is fun to watch... hope they never cut him.

He is a dangerous guy. He could give most of the top 10 guys a run for there money on his day.

Starting with a win over Matt Hamill, what could be next for him? He would need a top 10 opponent. Mousasi, Lil Nog, rematch with Gustafsson? I can see him giving them a good fight.

If he stays off the weed of course.

20090831084229_IMG_4360.jpg

[email protected]

I don't see why not. The LHW division is looking weak and his only losses are to 2 former champions and the man who jus beat up Jon Jones even though the judges gave Jones the fight.

He had his chances against Rashad and Gus, lost both handily. His biggest win and most impressive showing of improvement was his last one vs Feijao, so going by that he has a better chance than before. Though realistically, looking at his skillset, he's a lesser version of Glover.

He got a lot of hype for beating Mendes, Houston and Jardine. Looks good against, then, fairly solid competition that in hindsight wasn't so great.

He's a macho dude who likes to bang, but his body is always soft and undefined, lately. He's unwilling to put the work in, and gasses big time if he can't get an early KO.

His best days are far behind him, I think.

more like a gatekeeper. wont get past top 5 lhw as well

Back