Can the UFC sideline Silva?

They will have to release him, which Dana said they would. Frankly he should, too many ex-legends with CTE is bad for business. Chuck and BJ are already an ugly reminder of what happens when you stick around too long. I dont want to see that happen to Silva.

This

Dana said nah. Iirc if Dana doesn't offer him a fight Anderson can bounce, I could be wrong tho. Generally speaking, it's probably a bad idea. Dude should make his buck off of adverts and appearances and ride into the sunset. He has nothing left to prove. Probably should have retired after Cormier tbh.

Dana said nah. Iirc if Dana doesn't offer him a fight Anderson can bounce, I could be wrong tho. Generally speaking, it's probably a bad idea. Dude should make his buck off of adverts and appearances and ride into the sunset. He has nothing left to prove. Probably should have retired after Cormier tbh.
Should've retired after beating Nick

Nah after that test he had to come back to prove a point lol
Guy literally broke his leg in half and came back and cakewalked to a W over Nick. That should have been his goodbye. No one would've noticed the failed drug test.

Golden Boy MMA 2 needs to happen though.

Anderson Silva vs Chuck Liddell

No they have to offer him fights or release him. They can't just force him to retire.

Guy literally broke his leg in half and came back and cakewalked to a W over Nick. That should have been his goodbye. No one would've noticed the failed drug test.
Lolwut? Yeah everyone would have noticed. That ped bust destroyed his legacy

No the contract requires that the UFC offers anyone under contract 3 fights a year.

I''d like to watch Andy vs CM Punk.
hSFeX.gif

If Anderson still wants to fight Dana's obliged to offer him a fight within a certain time limit or release him from his contract, no idea what the time limit is though.

i think they have to offer him 3 fights per year.

However even if his contract is done, he’s restricted for 1 year and ufc can match any offer

Was awkward hearing Dana saying that promotions & commissions are disgusting for letting him continue fighting... just after he's lost a UFC bout!

I believe (im no expert on this) that they have to offer him a fight in a certain period. If they dont do it, he can release himself from the contract. But they can just offer him a shit fight, that he has to basically turn down and keep doing it.
I doubt they will do it tho. Anderson hast a lot of friends in the industry that would speak on that. Wouldnt be a good showing.
When they agree to terminate his contract, Dana could make sure he isnt allowed to sign with lets say Bellator for example.

Dana can cut him from his contract. Although I’m pretty sure Dana said he’d rather not and he’d rather Silva retire than have to cut him or offer him a fight

Back