Can the UFC hire their own judges?

real2124

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Or at least train the current judges to be less incompetent?

Just rewatched Lawler vs Conduit....

"We're regulated by the fucking government you goof"

Please god no, if the UFC could hire their own people.

Rousey Vs Holm would be scored a 30 - 25 for Ronda.

I'd rather incompetent judges than judges with the UFC as their best interest.

Fair argument, but when has Dana ever lied to us? Imho, the UFC is the most legit/honest/trustworthy company in the entertainment industry.

They would not be considered a sanctioned sport anymore. I guess they could make their events in Japan.

I'm no lawyer or anything, but maybe, just possibly, there could be a conflict of interest there

"We're regulated by the fucking government you goof"

You're correct but no need for all that hostility, same reason I don't want cops investigating cops...

I think there was some controversy in boxing about a venue also hiring a cutman/cornermen. Letting a promotion handle the judging is a magnitude worse than that.

Nope. The champs would be as followed:
Joseph Benavidez
Uriah Faber
Conor
Sage
Nick Diaz
Anderson or Lyoto
Rumble
Cain
Ronda
PVZ

Nope. The champs would be as followed:
Joseph Benavidez
Uriah Faber
Conor
Sage
Nick Diaz
Anderson or Lyoto
Rumble
Cain
Ronda
PVZ

They'd definitely want Weidman as champ imo

WWE hires their own judges.

It works for them.

UFC is going in WWE direction anyhow....

Only in places where there is no commission. In that case they hire officials that would normally be appointed and paid for by the commission. However they would much rather have a government body running that part of things.

You need to understand that the commission is a fig leaf for them. It gives the appearance of legitimacy and lets them deflect criticism. If they are regulated by the government then they can say they followed rules set by someone else and heat from bad officiating can be directed towards another party. This also reduces their legal liability and diffuses business risk.

Only in places where there is no commission. In that case they hire officials that would normally be appointed and paid for by the commission. However they would much rather have a government body running that part of things.

You need to understand that the commission is a fig leaf for them. It gives the appearance of legitimacy and lets them deflect criticism. If they are regulated by the government then they can say they followed rules set by someone else and heat from bad officiating can be directed towards another party. This also reduces their legal liability and diffuses business risk.

Cheers for the reply.

Do you know if the UFC provides training to the current judges?

Or would that be a 'conflict of interest'?

I just can't stand how incompetent they can be.... there's far too many splits nowadays and I still cringe knowing Conduit was robbed.

That creates a conflict of interest and fights would be fixed regularly

I would like to see more fighters becoming judges. Guys who have been in their and know what is happening in front of them.

Back