Can The UFC Cope With The Loss Of Floyd Mayweather?

RandomUser12

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let's face it, he's easily the biggest, most talked about athlete in all of MMA. No other name generates interest/discussion in the MMA world than Mayweather, hence the concerted effort on the part of the likes of Rousey, McGregor & Zuffa to use the
Mayweather name to promote themselves & the UFC brand.

I honestly think the UFC suffers even worse than boxing post-Mayweather. Zuffa's marketing seems so short-sighted, so lacking in any real long-term planning. Mayweather's already got one foot out the door; he's not likely going to be around in time to help promote the likes of Paige VanZant. She'll have to hope Gennady Golovkin's become a big enough name/attraction by that point.

Good thread

The biggest star in ufc history talks about the guy everyday

so you might be right

>hypes up mma fighters vs mayweather in media
>gets boxing fans interested in rousey, conor, etc
>mayweather retires
>no one cares about boxing anymore
>profit

In what fight promo has mayweather ever appeared in? This makes no sense. As a massive boxing and MMA fan this is just stupid. The UFC and MMA as a whole don't skip a beat with him retiring.

They iver did the mayweather thing and they STILL doing it..

You know, I'm starting to think there should be a six month probationary period before new users can start threads.

mma wont be able to survive, mma is dying bro.

It only generates "TMZ" style headlines and gossip that no one takes seriously. His retiring won't effect the UFC in any way, other than fights will stop calling him out to try and leech from his fame.

In what fight promo has mayweather ever appeared in?

rousey-vs-mayweather.png

You know, I'm starting to think there should be a six month probationary period before new users can start threads.

To be honest, most of the people who post here don't know shit about fighting at all. I don't think 6 months of being "educated" will help the situation.

To be honest, most of the people who post here don't know shit about fighting at all. I don't think 6 months of being "educated" will help the situation.

No, it's just so that terrible troll posters won't be able to make a new account and spam up the boards with garbage like this. Six months would discourage them. They could contribute in threads, but making their own, that should take time.

Sherdog would definitely cope without shit threads like this one, that's for sure.

Whats this guy going on about?

Back