Opinion Can the political culture of the U.S. go back to normal again?

Trump has a 30% rock solid base of support. Those people won't just disappear when Trump is gone. We have a pretty serious problem with a significant portion of the population being reactionaries. A serious serious problem.

It's going to take a huge event to get them straightened out, and it's not going to be a picnic getting there.

Last edited:
MindlessCapitalDinosaur-size_restricted.gif
q

No it’s not revenge, try to follow along.

The narrative has been put forth that the Rs have been talking about the dangers of democratic liberalism for ages and that Dems like Obama are late to the party.

The Rs are the one who chose someone that represents the more extreme wing of their party so if that provokes a similar back lash on the left they have only themselves to blame.

It’s not revenge if I don’t want it to happen, I am simply saying if it does, they / you have no leg to stand on crying about it. Leave the mourning for the center to those that are actually part of it.
But you do want it to happen, lmao. Read your own post. Alzheimer's kicking in, Gumbi?

Trump has a 30% rock solid base of support. Those people won;t just disappear when Trump is gone. We have a pretty serious problem with a significant portion of the population being reactionaries. A serious serious problem.

It's going to take a huge event to get them straightened out, and it's not going to be a picnic getting there.
Straightened out lol.

Straighten out your gout problem first, Hummer.

Trump has a 30% rock solid base of support. Those people won;t just disappear when Trump is gone. We have a pretty serious problem with a significant portion of the population being reactionaries. A serious serious problem.

Yes. Trump supporters are such reactionaries. They even wasted 2 years and 10s of millions of dollars forcing an investigation because they couldn't handle losing a democratic election.

So what should we have done after 9/11? Just surrender and accept Sharia law?

The only thing Bush did wrong in the war was not using nukes on 9/12.

Lol @ this dumb as dirt post.

Just know the sane people of the country have to Deal with this type lunacy in America.

Yes. Trump supporters are such reactionaries. They even wasted 2 years and 10s of millions of dollars forcing an investigation because they couldn't handle losing a democratic election.
I don't truly believe that you know what any of those words mean.

So what should we have done after 9/11? Just surrender and accept Sharia law?

The only thing Bush did wrong in the war was not using nukes on 9/12.

<puh-lease75>

Lol @ this dumb as dirt post.

Just know the sane people of the country have to Deal with this type lunacy in America.

Uh-huh. You and Homer can go jack each other off in the lounge now. Neither of you has even made an argument in this thread. Just empty shit posting.

Bush began his presidency with ratings near 60%. In the time of national crisis following the September 11 attacks, polls showed approval ratings of greater than 85%, peaking at 92%, and a steady 80–90% approval for about four months after the attacks.

On September 14, 2001 Senate Joint Resolution 23 passed in the Senate by roll call vote. The totals in the Senate were: 98 Ayes, 0 Nays, 2 Present/Not Voting (Senators Larry Craig, R–ID, and Jesse Helms, R–NC).

On September 14, 2001 the House passed House Joint Resolution 64. The totals in the House of Representatives were 420 ayes, 1 nay and 10 not voting.

Good thing we had those non reactionary Dems in the House to block Bush...

they let a god damn umbrella in the white house!

you can't unring that bell

<LatsRickStory>

So you didn't support the war on terror? That's weird because it had unanimous support from government and the people...
Of course I didn't.

Also, weak deflection. You've completely undermined yourself by typing such reactionary garbage, thereby confirming my point for me.

Thanks for slicing your own heel, Achilles.

Uh-huh. You and Homer can go jack each other off in the lounge now. Neither of you has even made an argument in this thread. Just empty shit posting.

This coming from the guy who said we should’ve used nukes to defeat sharia law. As if any of that means anything in regards to trillon dollar fake war in Iraq.

You’re not a smart person at all. Not even a little bit.

But you do want it to happen, lmao. Read your own post. Alzheimer's kicking in, Gumbi?

Straightened out lol.

Straighten out your gout problem first, Hummer.

My post says only moderate Dems and never trumpers should be complaining about extremism in either party. That’s not an endorsement of it.

I know nuance is not your strong suit so let me help you out.

Deserve does not = want to happen. Karma is a bitch but I don’t want they whole nation to suffer because of it.

Saying that a certain group has no basis to complain about a certain thing does not = endorsing said thing.

Also never mind my Alzheimer's, 50 year old me crushes 50 year old you.

This coming from the guy who said we should’ve used nukes to defeat sharia law. As if any of that means anything in regards to trillon dollar fake war in Iraq.

You’re not a smart person at all. Not even a little bit.

The world trade center attack was a show of strength. The only thing that jihadists respect.

If only there was some target we could have nuked that would have given them the message that anything they did to us, we would pay back 1000 times over...

nz-mecca-170818_0.jpg

There's a reason Bush and Obama were never able to dissuade muslim terrorists and Trump was.

04button_1514950662.jpg

You don't get through to these types of people by bowing to them like Obama did.

Also LOL at GUMBI

That’s funny

Of course I didn't.

Also, weak deflection. You've completely undermined yourself by typing such reactionary garbage, thereby confirming my point for me.

Thanks for slicing your own heel, Achilles.

Everyone supported hitting back after 9/11. You were probably about 12, so I doubt you were in the 8% of Americans that disapproved of Bush in late 2001.

Everyone supported hitting back after 9/11. You were probably about 12, so I doubt you were in the 8% of Americans that disapproved of Bush in late 2001.
Literally everything in your post is wrong.

I'm actually a little impressed.

The world trade center attack was a show of strength. The only thing that jihadists respect.

If only there was some target we could have nuked that would have given them the message that anything they did to us, we would pay back 1000 times over...

nz-mecca-170818_0.jpg

There's a reason Bush and Obama were never able to dissuade muslim terrorists and Trump was.

04button_1514950662.jpg

You don't get through to these types of people by bowing to them like Obama did.

Yes invading Iraq rally taught them a lesson

Back