Can the CHIN be developed?

EnemyOfTheState said:
aghghg, fuck you. you don't know shit. Classic KO is a strike to the side of lower jaw, which hits an important artery and this puts you to sleep. brain to never hits the skull, idiot. unless you crack your skull bad. watch Werdum vs. Kharitonov. The both follow the direction of punches. fuck you againg and you don't know shit again.

http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym15.htm

"A strong neck will prevent the rapid acceleration of the brain following impact"

you twat.

tell me rossboxing is wrong and i'll call you a twat again.

pwned.

#1can said:
http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym15.htm

"A strong neck will prevent the rapid acceleration of the brain following impact"

you twat.

tell me rossboxing is wrong and i'll call you a twat again.

pwned.

They are wrong. That was some crack of shit in there. They also said they don't know what exactly causes a KO. So this is not a good sourse. they just said that strong neck will prevent it just because Holy field has strong neck. Sorry but it's total bullshit on your website.

Do you think that when Mirko LHKicks you fat stupid face, you will get injured more when you stiffen your neck muscles and confront the kick with your head or relax you muscles and let the kick slide and not actually punch you?

fuck you it's obvious. You never boxed and that is why you don't know shit. I did and know what I am talking about. shut the fuck up

EnemyOfTheState said:
They also said they don't know what exactly causes a KO. So this is not a good sourse.

you're right.

oh wait, no you arent, ass.

from the same website:
"The impact to the brain depends on the acceleration and snapping motion of the head. When forcefully struck, the head accelerates backwards or sideways. The force of this acceleration determines whether the knockout occurs."

i am not saying dodging a punch or kick is a bad idea. I am saying relaxing your neck so that your head gets smashed around is a bad idea. Slipping a punch to limit the acceleration of your skull relative to your brain is a most excellent idea. My point is exactly that. A strong neck will stop your head from moving so much.

also, since i don't box, I can't possibly know how a knockout occurs. I guess doctors can't know how AIDS is transmitted unless they have AIDS, right?

please choke.

The Chin is a weak spot... The fighters with a so called good chin, are the ones best at hiding their chin from flush shots... Learn to tuck your chin away...

I guess that wrestler Chris Bennoit must really work out his neck

there is a liquid in your ear in semicircular canals that tells your brain what position your head is in by little cilia telling you when they get wet. as you get older the liquid thickens and you lose your balance. maybe fedor's thing works. maybe you can adapt to being dizzy to a small extent. i'd say it'd be worth the risk.

i bet chewing giant wads of gum on a consistent basis does give you a stronger mandible and muscles which would translate to more mass which leads me to my next point. there is no nerve that can be touched.. but your jaw is as at a good angle to shake your brain, and since there is a little space between your jaw and the rest of your head, it can vibrate messing with your head when you get hit. if theres a heavier jawbone it's probably harder to vibrate

funny we can go deep into this but think about kimbo just standing there with his chin out and his neck flexed.. and think about mark hunt standing there with his neck relaxed taking shots from lebanner. it would take scientists years to figure this shit out

1 more thing to add. about head twisting and KOs. your brain is connected to your inner skull by some connective tissue near the front and near the back in the middle.

try shaking your head forwards and back lightly. you probably don't feel much.

now try nodding your head side to side like you're saying "no." do you feel you brain wobbling around?

your head can take more damage from a front impact than a side impact and so can your brain.

not to mention the frontal lobe harbors memory, which is more important in the long term than in a fight. the occipital lobe in the back is what deals with vision. the pariatal lobes on the sides deal with perception and sensory input.

there is no punches to the back of the head allowed in boxing so you do the math

#1can said:
you're right.

oh wait, no you arent, ass.

from the same website:
"The impact to the brain depends on the acceleration and snapping motion of the head. When forcefully struck, the head accelerates backwards or sideways. The force of this acceleration determines whether the knockout occurs."

i am not saying dodging a punch or kick is a bad idea. I am saying relaxing your neck so that your head gets smashed around is a bad idea. Slipping a punch to limit the acceleration of your skull relative to your brain is a most excellent idea. My point is exactly that. A strong neck will stop your head from moving so much.

also, since i don't box, I can't possibly know how a knockout occurs. I guess doctors can't know how AIDS is transmitted unless they have AIDS, right?

please choke.

This is the closest I have seen to the truth. There are often two elements to a knockout as we see them. A true knockout is when the nuerons and transmitters in the brain get scrambled from a forceful blow to the head. This causes complete loss of motor control and this is when you see people collapse that are completely out.

Most of what we see is a combination of this effect as well as a loss of balance that is the result of the head being snapped around from getting struck. This is what happens when you see people wobbling around after being hit. They temporarily lose motor control and balance at the same time. Motor control comes back first, before balance, causing people to regain their legs but have trouble standing back up straight. It's really funny how it works and the whole aspect is highly random. (Though, to an extent, if you hit anybody hard enough they are gonna be considered "KTFO")

random.user said:
LOL! Where the fuck did you hear this?

There is liquid in your ears but your brain doesn't get used to having it swashing around, no matter how often you do it.

He got it wrong. What he is talking about is a training method Fedor mentioned. It doesnt improve your chin, but its a training method to help you stay in the fight if you get rocked. One person spins round and round on the spot, holding his hand in front of his face, staring at his own finger. When he gets dizzy from the spinning, a training partner steps up, and they begin sparring. Sounds pretty logical to me. You practice fighting while disorientated and off balance, like you have to do if you get rocked, but not knocked out.

The method Fedor uses, is used in any gym or place where boxers train.
It's not "Fedor's method". You are amateurs.

EnemyOfTheState said:
The method Fedor uses, is used in any gym or place where boxers train.
It's not "Fedor's method". You are amateurs.

hey keyboard warrior online forum nut flexor extraordinaire, when's your pride debut?

pretty sure you're am too.

#1can said:
hey keyboard warrior online forum nut flexor extraordinaire, when's your pride debut?

after I do your mom, sister and your daughter, while your dad watches and dies from heart attack and you sink in your own fat from dispair...

Which is going to happen very very soon.
and then you will hug my nuts, which did all your female relatives, publicly on sherdog.

PlowBuster said:
We know that speed, strength, cardio & technique can be improved with training.... but can the chin be improved? I supposed you can have better abs to withstand more beats to your torso, and so on... but what about strikes to the head? Can you train to take more punishment?
No but you can train your neck to absorb more punishment. Hopkins and Toney both do this.

Cardio can really help the chin.

I can help the chin? Really? Ok what I would do is:

* Relax, strech the neck and jaws often, go with the punch and don't try to stiff it out.

* Straigthen the neck and jaws.

* Tons of neck strengthing exercises that boxers do, bridgerolls, harness/weights, shoulder shrugs, towel-resistance, and much much more!

* You can also try jaw exercise where you basically hold your jaw and try to open it, then press in ur cheeks and push side to side, u get the picture.

* Also do a few light open hand taps to the jaw to de-shock it (not the same as smacking yourself in the face(RUSSIAN combat elites actully do slap their bodies and faces to get take the shock out of initial blows)

* And it's generally good to breath out when you get hit, relaxes u.

* You should also buy one of those good, thick mouthguards - Double piece 1/2 thick padding - "brain pad" - think it's called. W/breathing holes.

*Doing some balance training like Fedor did could help, learn good hook defence, and clinch like mad when u think ur goin down.

* Oh yeah and some light cardio, especially at the end of a workout helps to eliminate stiffness.

Back