can someone tell me whats mcdojo ?

abhi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I have never heard of it in England and I would like to see their website. Thanks

bro, mcdojo is a term for a very commercialized gym mainly concerned with making money. There definitely isn't a website to mcdojo.

abhi said:
I have never heard of it in England and I would like to see their website. Thanks

even I know what a mcdojo is....

Basically if they dont push you hard but ask for money every now and then to get a belt, they are almost certainly a mcdojo

any gym where the sensei has a mullet and says he can do the death touch (and/or has beaten a gracie)

stealthkiller said:
any gym where the sensei has a mullet and says he can do the death touch (and/or has beaten a gracie)

LOL

I think the real quote is "Es mejor morir de pie, que continuar viviendo de rodillias."

to be honest. . .mcDojo doesnt even exist in Europe, i was shocked when i moved to the states and walked in to a McDojo for some training. . . tma in europe is still semi hardcore and u cant get a BB in 1,5 years

elcapitan said:
to be honest. . .mcDojo doesnt even exist in Europe, i was shocked when i moved to the states and walked in to a McDojo for some training. . . tma in europe is still semi hardcore and u cant get a BB in 1,5 years
Oh, there are McDojos in Europe, but the US is truly something else.

Many things people talk about, I can't ever imagine happening in Europe.

ok so mcdojo a company or is a term for scammers of martial arts chools

abhi said:
ok so mcdojo a company or is a term for scammers of martial arts chools
Scammers, try reading the Frequently Asked Questions section of this forum. You'll find htem everywhere, but they've hit epidemic proportions here in the US. It's a whole industry here for soccer moms who think their kids look cute in the little uniforms but don't want them to actually get hit.

thats what happened to TKD theres a place in durham,nc and the do tae bo for martial arts they like 80 a month or so to do tae bo when i was in TKD(ruined me for life) It was all about you pay me and i give you a belt that says your good but it really means your rich!

stealthkiller said:

Is that a dig at the legendary Harold Howard?

elcapitan said:

From what I've seen of European martial artists I'd guess you are right. Holy cow some of them have been pretty damn good.

In the states things are strange. Those interested in TKD, for example have become primarily kids and teenagers. It is rare to get a 20 year old male walking through the door. Back in the 80s it was primarily adults and is was pretty hard core. And earlier than that...well the stories of everyone in the class kicking Benny the Jet in the stomach when he got his black belt comes to mind. No way you'd see that now. Kids tend to tone down the intensity a bit.

Old schoolers like Master Kim still whip off their dobok tops and make us go running in the snow, but they are a dying breed (he is almost 70).

Old schoolers like Master Kim still whip off their dobok tops and make us go running in the snow, but they are a dying breed (he is almost 70).

Where have all the cowboys gone....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back