Can someone suggest to me a good cup for grappling?

hilbilygangsta

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I've been grappling for a few months now, and I never really liked wearing a cup. But some tournaments require a cup. I have like the Shock Doctor martial arts cup, maybe its as good as it gets, but I don't really like. I guess I kind of prefer the compression short style, but if someone has some better options I'm interested.

Can anyone suggest to me a comfortable cup? I hate wearing one, wrestled for years and never wore a mouth gaurd or a cup and it pisses me off.

Jaco compression shorts + cup, is the best i hear. dont have any personal experience though.

dude, i would just go witht he one that feels most comfortable to you. I have never worn a cup, not in football, wrestling. So im not sure but if it were me i would go by feel rather than protection because mostly all cups are going to do for u is protect your sac. so whatever makes you feel good . GO FOR IT!:icon_twis

Shock Doctor Men's Double Compression Short with BioFlex Cup

Just google it.

I've had it for about a month now and its very comfortable and i barely notice it at all when im rolling. I don't have any experience with any other brands or styles, but this has worked great for me so far.

dont wear a cup, i never wear one and the major tournaments dont allow it.

Shock Doctor Men's Double Compression Short with BioFlex Cup

Just google it.

I've had it for about a month now and its very comfortable and i barely notice it at all when im rolling. I don't have any experience with any other brands or styles, but this has worked great for me so far.

Thats basically what I have now. Just feels wierd basically any time I'm not upright, I can feel it jamming into my stomache.

Maybe I just need to adjust to wearing one. The tournament I was planning on going to this weekend required a cup, but some of the other tournaments websites I've looked at said they don't require one.

Pretty sure I'm goin' raw any chance I get.

Ultimate Grappling Championships in Wautoma, Wisconsin this weekend. Unless I read their website wrong.

Check out the reviews in G&E.

The Jaco Guardian system are the most highly regarded protection system, and the Nutty Buddy system is one I've personally used and am quite happy with. Takes the knee-to-the-groin guard pass quite well haha

Nutty Buddy

Jaco Guardian

Silver_and_Gold.jpg

Dude just get the one from walmart.
Duke all the way baby.

what the hell tournament REQUIRES a cup?
A lot of nogi submission only type local tournaments have been doing this from what I have seen. Hell I think NAGA nogi even requires one.

I've only tried the Shock Doctor and the XO Pro cups but I liked the XO Pro much better.

Edit: I left out the Duke cup, from Walmart, because I despise it.

A lot of nogi submission only type local tournaments have been doing this from what I have seen. Hell I think NAGA nogi even requires one.
NAGA does require a cup but they tell you that they're not going to check for them. I guess they just "suggest" you wear one even though they say that a cup is required.

Back