Opinion Can someone explain why you are conservative?

It's not really ad-hom, since both you and your positions are equally dumb.

giphy.gif

...dude, you linked sources that outright contradicted you. the irony is overwhelming. you've resorted to nothing but ad-hom. even you know you lost.

Yes, the Dems finally learned how to play tit for tat. I don’t see how this is even a reply to my post.

The dems have passed over 400 bills. The republicans in the senate refuse to hold votes.

...dude, you linked sources that outright contradicted you. the irony is overwhelming. you've resorted to nothing but ad-hom. even you know you lost.
You're not even capable of understanding any of the sources posted in this thread. Literally zero historians or even people who have read history books, or even any book at all, would agree with any of your viewpoints expressed in this thread. And you're literally the stupidest person I've seen on this forum, which is quite an achievement in some ways.

You're not even capable of understanding any of the sources posted in this thread. Literally zero historians or even people who have read history books, or even any book at all, would agree with any of your viewpoints expressed in this thread. And you're literally the stupidest person I've seen on this forum, which is quite an achievement in some ways.

lolwut? unlike you, i supported my claim with a rather gigantic list of facts. you chose ONE (out of MANY) to dispute - and lost. badly. when it was clear you wouldn't listen to me, i let you ramble on and btfo yourself. your own links disproved your claim. and yet, you STILL make posts like the above, now blatantly proving not only my initial arguments (that nazis were leftist, nazis instituted welfare, nazis were part of the weimar republic, and most ironically - that modern leftists are driving people toward being "conservative"), but also my claim that you have nothing left but ad-hominem.

edit: twofer
The dems have passed over 400 bills. The republicans in the senate refuse to hold votes.

yeah, there's little to no content in the majority of them. seemingly half of the bills passed are just condemning _____.

not that i'd expect someone who uses vox unironically as a source to know this.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/browse?congress=116&status=6,7,8

Last edited:
I think you missed being a product of fetal alcohol syndrome.

lolwut? unlike you, i supported my claim with a rather gigantic list of facts. you chose ONE (out of MANY) to dispute - and lost. badly. when it was clear you wouldn't listen to me, i let you ramble on and btfo yourself. your own links disproved your claim. and yet, you STILL make posts like the above, now blatantly proving not only my initial arguments (that nazis were leftist, nazis instituted welfare, nazis were part of the weimar republic), but also my claim that you have nothing left but ad-hominem.
Hahahahaha, you do realize that anybody can go back and read posts from this thread, right? All you did was post a laundry list of uneducated, right wing bullshit that has no historical basis in fact.

I've posted clear and unambiguous sources that plainly refute everything you've said. Instead of actually learning anything, your whole "strategy" has been picking fights (and getting summarily curb-stomped by) numerous other posters and continuing to attempt a hilariously inept Shaggy defense.

You're a coward, a clown and a pretender, and absolutely nobody here is buying your bullshit.

Hahahahaha, you do realize that anybody can go back and read posts from this thread, right? All you did was post a laundry list of uneducated, right wing bullshit that has no historical basis in fact.

I've posted clear and unambiguous sources that plainly refute everything you've said. Instead of actually learning anything, your whole "strategy" has been picking fights (and getting summarily curb-stomped by) numerous other posters and continuing to attempt a hilariously inept Shaggy defense.

You're a coward, a clown and a pretender, and absolutely nobody here is buying your bullshit.

and yet, YOUR OWN SOURCES affirmed it.

so much ad-hom. i'm sorry facts did not align with your narrative.

and yet, i was capable of reading and actually comprehending the text in your own links (unlike you). so again, you belittle my education and etc - where does that place yours? all this education that you're implying... and you still got pwned and even self-pwned.

edit: posts were deleted and now i appear to be talking to myself. lolz.

Last edited:
Conservatives want people to work and advance their lives in a positive direction.

Dems want people to stay right where they are at and be dependent on the Government.

Conservatives are threatened by change. It’s literally in their title. The world is always going to change whether they like it or not. So basically conservatives are all about fighting a losing battle. I guess I kinda understand why they are always pissed off at the world.

Conservatives are threatened by change. It’s literally in their title. The world is always going to change whether they like it or not. So basically conservatives are all about fighting a losing battle. I guess I kinda understand why they are always pissed off at the world.

It's more about filtering out the worst of the ideas.

For example, scientific racism and eugenics in the early/mid 20th century were considered to be "progressive" ideas. Christians among others, contested these sorts of "changes". Many of the progressives today are probably happy they did.

No human being in existence has been capable of living their life purely as a "progressive" who pursues change and nothing but change. It is as natural to conserve some ideas, memories, personality, among other things, as it is to change one's ideas and behaviour. There's no continuation to what we are doing, if we just seek to change all the time, and preserve nothing.

Imagine a man with a new name, a new face, new memories, every waking day, that would certainly be a force of "perpetual change". But what would such a life be worth? Not much, I'd imagine. In exchange for all that, they would abandon their social bonds, their fond memories of the past, cultivating long-lasting relationships, establishing a legacy, a lineage, for themselves and the people they care about.

Whether one wishes to admit it or not, every man has a bit of "conservative spirit" in themselves. It's just the degree of it which determines whether a man will be a "conservative" or a "liberal". But even the liberals of today will wish to preserve their achievements, and this will make them "conservatives" in the minds of those who wish to change things in the future, and not always for the better.

Well yes, if you want to end wars of intervention in the Middle East, then accordong to the left wing establishment, you are a radical loon.
@Lucas Troy I would agree with ending war in the Middle East, fixing health care, and improving the economic standing of everyone. And I'm conservative. We just need to the discuss the "how" part. These guys explain conservatism pretty well....

It's more about filtering out the worst of the ideas.
Whether one wishes to admit it or not, every man has a bit of "conservative spirit" in themselves. It's just the degree of it which determines whether a man will be a "conservative" or a "liberal". But even the liberals of today will wish to preserve their achievements, and this will make them "conservatives" in the minds of those who wish to change things in the future, and not always for the better.
And ftw!
Rushing to change is generally a bad idea.

Last edited:
I love everyone's characterizations of everyone on the opposite side in this thread

Back