Can someone explain why Joe Rogan never competed in UFC or Jiu Jitsu tourneys?

As I said in the other thread, I've rolled with Joe and Eddie at Yamasaki's in PA. I'm good myself but Joe is a monster. Eddie is even better.

Thing about bjj comps is it is a sport. Rolling full speed is practically the same thing. You don't need to compete to be a bjj master. You don't need to compete to be good enough that you could easily choke out a non-grappler.

This is why Bjj works and shit like aikido doesn't. Full speed, full contact rolling in practice.

He used to compete in tae kwon do and he's more of a hobbyist in bjj; he got into the game wery late and he probably felt he doesn't have to compete.

But a "trained martial artist" who's like 20 years younger? Come on. Yeah, Coleman would ragdoll most people, but he shouldn't ragdoll a real fighter at this point in his life. No disrespect to Coleman, but he's had a hip replacement. Really bad look for Joe.

Coleman's actually less than 3 years older than Joe. Took seconds for me to look up.

It would destroy his ego.

He prefers to just think he is dangerous and get credit for the potential of what could have been.

As I said in the other thread, I've rolled with Joe and Eddie at Yamasaki's in PA. I'm good myself but Joe is a monster. Eddie is even better.

Thing about bjj comps is it is a sport. Rolling full speed is practically the same thing. You don't need to compete to be a bjj master. You don't need to compete to be good enough that you could easily choke out a non-grappler.

This is why Bjj works and shit like aikido doesn't. Full speed, full contact rolling in practice.
This is why people want to see him compete in the masters division, because everyone who rolls with him say he is a monster

BTW I just want to thank everyone in this thread for making my 45-year old self feel young. That is all :)

yeah, i don't get that, either. i guess he's afraid of looking bad, and hurting his reputation. don't know what other reason there would be.
People always say joe is a monster to roll with, this is why people want to see him in an actual match, or he just likes the mythical comments without challenging himself. joe rogan has so much time on his hands, he even says it on his podcast that he is blessed that he doesnt have to work a 9to5 and can do whatever he wants and set his own hours, he basically just talks on a podcast for two hours and heads home on an average day. So there is no excuse for him to prerpare for a bjj match. Also it would be a massive draw a lot of people will attend and sell out to see joe compete

D2A18F81-6592-44E9-B96A-5313C71B06FC.gif
Who in their right mind would accept a match with this A level athlete???

"Rogan should do what I want him to do because other guys do." "
"Rogan says he is fit so he should do what I want him to do "
"Rogan's personal past and current decisions don't matter to me because I want him to fight like some other guys (that might give me a boner) do"

Translation complete.

Joe Rogan vs Snoop Dogg.
Snoop Dogg been training real hard. He'll show up and make weight.

Winner takes on CM Punk. CM punk is still active and wants another crack.

Why the hell does this keep coming up? No sorry guys, Rogan would whoop your ass.
Of course he would. But that's not the point being discussed right. If Stipe was given a BB in BJJ, people would immediately question why he was given that despite him being able to whoop most/all of those people.

Don't fall victim to the composition/division fallacy, where you try to disprove the point in question, by validating an irrelevant point.

Having a nasty sidekick doesn't mean a whole lot when you're going against other trained guys who have equally nasty sidekick among other nasty skillsets. It's like being the brainiest kid in your school, but then you go to Harvard etc and realise you're surrounded by other equally smart kids.

Having a nasty sidekick doesn't mean a whole lot when you're going against other trained guys who have equally nasty sidekick among other nasty skillsets. It's like being the brainiest kid in your school, but then you go to Harvard etc and realise you're surrounded by other equally smart kids.
yeah but MMA fighters like GSP said Joe Rogan has the nastiest side kick they ever seen.

Man he already got man handled by elderly bad hip coleman what ego is there to kill he might as well try it, sean patrick flanery is 52 same age as joe might as well grapple him in a superfight at polaris or metamoris would be fun

You're not wrong. The ultimate answer is that Joe's kind of being a bitch.

Full disclosure if I went back to doing bjj I wouldn't compete either. I have health issues, and I have to go to work on Monday. It's one of the reasons I probably won't go back. I know me and the idea that I wasn't competing would eat away at me.

He certainly should do some sort of super fight for charity. That said, he gets manhandled it's not just him. It's Eddy Bravo, it's Onit, etc that takes a hit.

I understand him not competing in MMA, but I don't get him not competing in BJJ either.

idk how someone can be a full on black belt without competing in a tournament (gi or no gi).

Maybe if they didn't start rolling until their 40s/50s, but Rogan started training when he was in his 20s lol. Probably because he's afraid of losing.

Back