Can someone explain to me why is mike perry getting an ranked opponent ?

they wanted to piss sherdoggers off who complained about perry not being good because he fought nothing but unranked guys.

Platinum is a winner. Where are Jouban, Ponzinibbio, and Max Griffin now? <Lmaoo>

He won a split decision against a lightweight and before that lost a dominant decision to a top-40 guy and before that got beat up by ponzi not to mention that before he beat a washed up ellenberger and a 155-er can who was in 3 day short notice he got beat up by a male model . So please can someone explain me how the hell is he getting an ranked fighter ?
„Split decision against a lightweight.“

It was Paul Felder, a legit fighter, who said he is a real WW even after the fight.

paul-felder-mike-perry-ufc-226-media-day.jpg

there is no a+b=c answer. because matchups are not purely meritocratic but instead are a hybrid of entertainment, meritocracy, scheduling, fighter pay, probably some favoritism, and a willingness to accept any fight any time.

"half art half science", you might say.

so if you think it's purely meritocratic, you're wrong and need to update your internal thought process.

and frankly, the fact you're at all surprised by this matchup proves you need to update your internal thought process

He won a split decision against a lightweight and before that lost a dominant decision to a top-40 guy and before that got beat up by ponzi not to mention that before he beat a washed up ellenberger and a 155-er can who was in 3 day short notice he got beat up by a male model . So please can someone explain me how the hell is he getting an ranked fighter ?

cause they want to sell a fun fight on a 25th card in den.

its actually very simple business strategy called supply and demand.

In perry's defense he has rocked every guy who ever beat him. I'm pretty sure he won a round (on a team least one scorecard) in all of those fights too.

Troll answer:

4554687C-313F-4744-BBD7-80EB23A75528.gif

Real answer:

Cause he knocks people the fuck out.

Also,

4554687C-313F-4744-BBD7-80EB23A75528.gif

How is it even possible to not be a Mike Perry or Gaethje fan

They are living JBG's
sjw97sx.gif
sjw97sx.gif
sjw97sx.gif
sjw97sx.gif

Lets see, he entered the UFC 7-0. Since then he won his first two fights by tko and ko respectively, then he dropped a decision before winning the next two by KO, then he dropped two decisions before winning against paul felderer by decision.
Out of his eight fights in the UFC he has won 3 by tko or ko and one by decision. Hes an entertaining fighter with a .500 record in the UFC.
Also Cerrone is ranked 12th according to the UFC and we know rankings dont matter. My point is its not like hes top 5 or something.
Couple all that with the gym beef thats all over the headlines and you have a fight.

Rankings don't matter

Why do people keep referring to Jouban as a male model? The guy is a professional fighter that could probably whip 99% of people on this forum. Chris Wiedman got destroyed by a male model also. I notice nobody ever refers to Luke as such.

Luke, a male model.

GO0cPJ5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back