Can someone explain the "McTapper" name thing?

Conor turned the UFC into a circus and hit an old man, mock him for stuff like that. Trying to shit on him for tapping to a submission is basically shitting on every single fighter and all martial artists who have ever trained. Khabib himself is "Khatapper" by that rationale, as is every single fighter ever.

It's like, when someone does something shitty, you dont insult him in a way that actually insults everyone and is not unique to him as a person. That's just a sign of a low IQ. There are numerous things you can mock mcgregor for but trying to use tapping to a submission as somehow a point of shame is retarded and comes across as a display of the insulter's lack of training in martial arts.
Why TF you talkin bout PRACTICE? We're talking about fights mate.
All Conor's losses come via tap. Its not just a sherdogger name. A lot of fighters call him Mctapper, like Masvidal for instance. Does Mas come across as a guy with lack of training in martial arts.

I don't understand this. Literally every single person who has ever trained grappling even once in their life has tapped. It's literally not possible to not tap when you're training, especially when you're new. Khabib himself has tapped over tens of thousands of times in his life.

McGregor is a bum and should have rematched Aldo and gotten his ass kicked but that's a different story. Why do these guys call him "McTapper"? Everyone taps. Literally every single fighter that you have ever watched has tapped numerous times in their life. It's just a thing that happens when you train fighting. I don't get it.

3UnTLlc.gif
Maaan you gotta be trolling? Even the Whitest of whitebelts with join dates yesterday can explain that...

Floyd did him dirty here. Conor was dying in the inside. Especially when they played the song for the second time lmao

There's no such thing as "tapping early". When a submission is sunk in there is no possibility of breaking out of it. There's no way to get out a rear naked when it's in. This is why Poirier tapped immediately when Khabib sunk the choke in, much faster than any of the taps that McGregor did when he was locked, but no one mocks Poirier for it, nor should they.
1. Porier didn't give Khabib his neck on a silver platter when things got tough.

2. Porier tapped to a choke not getting his jaw squeezed.

Why TF you talkin bout PRACTICE? We're talking about fights mate.
All Conor's losses come via tap. Its not just a sherdogger name. A lot of fighters call him Mctapper, like Masvidal for instance. Does Mas come across as a guy with lack of training in martial arts.
No difference between tapping during hard sparring and tapping during a fight.

Nicknames like "McTapper" are what the estrogen filled, drama-seeking nerds come up with to shelter their own insecurities of being pointless human beings.

I remember when none of this shit went on because fight fans were simply fight fans and appreciated a good scrap. All this other kiddie BS that has permeated the MMA scene seemed to come around with TUF and the introduction of Lesnar. Worsened further with the advent of social media platforms.

I believe Tony started that nickname, and then the fans just started calling Conor that too afterwards. I remember Tony saying it years ago

He gives up his neck when he gets tired.

Khabib didn't even have his arm under the neck. I'm not saying Khabib wasn't going to squeeze and break his jaw but that wasn't a choke.

In all fairness, Rogans on record saying that the squeeze isn't any better than a choke. Like your jaws just getting crushed

1. Porier didn't give Khabib his neck on a silver platter when things got tough.

2. Porier tapped to a choke not getting his jaw squeezed.
1) neither did mcgregor, he was trying to roll out and khabib got his neck. This story of "he just gave him his neck" is objectively a lie, he got caught in an inferior position by a superior grappler and the submission sunk in.

2) how would mcgregor have escaped from that lock? It was deep as shit and was turning into a spine lock as well based on the position. Khabib is too skilled to think that you can get out of his submissions when he has them like that. Mcgregor was done, so he tapped. That's what's supposed to happen. His position was NOT any better than Poiriers, again this is a lie that only those who never trained would say.

Here's the real question: If there was no personal problems between the two, would you be calling him mctapper or would none of this be a thing? Because if that's the case it just proves my point.

I believe Tony started that nickname, and then the fans just started calling Conor that too afterwards. I remember Tony saying it years ago
Thought he started “McNugget”.

Oh, well, all of the terms are a bit churlish. I just wished he’d focused on the sport a bit more, a bit less on self-promotion.

3UnTLlc.gif
Maaan you gotta be trolling? Even the Whitest of whitebelts with join dates yesterday can explain that...
In my experience the only people calling him Mctapper are muslims who only started watching MMA last year.

Its similar to Tony Fergusons nickname el roadrunner. When things didn't go his way against Michael Johnson he started running away like little girl
Comparing a UD loss from 7+ years ago with 2 submission losses in the past 4 years?

<YeahOKJen>

I don't understand this. Literally every single person who has ever trained grappling even once in their life has tapped. It's literally not possible to not tap when you're training, especially when you're new. Khabib himself has tapped over tens of thousands of times in his life.

McGregor is a bum and should have rematched Aldo and gotten his ass kicked but that's a different story. Why do these guys call him "McTapper"? Everyone taps. Literally every single fighter that you have ever watched has tapped numerous times in their life. It's just a thing that happens when you train fighting. I don't get it.

He taps very fast.

Basically my point is, by calling him McTapper you aren't insulting him, you're insulting the prospect of tapping altogether.

You aren't saying "mcgregor is a piece of shit", you're saying "tapping to submissions is dishonorable, mcgregor tapped and is thus dishonorable". But there's nothing wrong with tapping, so that doesn't make sense. The insult doesn't work, you aren't insulting McGregor with this insult.

Khabib is probably the greatest lightweight of all time, there's nothing wrong with tapping to his submissions. That doesn't make any fucking sense.

It's just a bad insult which is why I'm saying those who use it and defend it must have low IQs.

Conor03.gif

All his losses come from tapping
He talks a big game, but when going gets tough, he taps. Hence the name.
Was it really that difficult to get?

Posting that gif was YOUR responsibility

1) neither did mcgregor, he was trying to roll out and khabib got his neck. This story of "he just gave him his neck" is objectively a lie, he got caught in an inferior position by a superior grappler and the submission sunk in.

2) how would mcgregor have escaped from that lock? It was deep as shit and was turning into a spine lock as well based on the position. Khabib is too skilled to think that you can get out of his submissions when he has them like that. Mcgregor was done, so he tapped. That's what's supposed to happen. His position was NOT any better than Poiriers, again this is a lie that only those who never trained would say.

Here's the real question: If there was no personal problems between the two, would you be calling him mctapper or would none of this be a thing? Because if that's the case it just proves my point.
Mctapper came from Diaz 1 where conor did expose his neck. Guy is a brown belt in bjj and just gave up his neck like I'm tired and don't want to be beat on anymore.

Last edited:
Back