Can someone explain the "McTapper" name thing?

it's because they're conor mcgregor haters and the funny nicknames are part of it, it doesn't have to be rational

This is why Poirier tapped immediately when Khabib sunk the choke in, much faster than any of the taps that McGregor did when he was locked, but no one mocks Poirier for it, nor should they.
This is a lie

All his losses come from tapping
He talks a big game, but when going gets tough, he taps. Hence the name.
Was it really that difficult to get?

/thread

I don't understand this. Literally every single person who has ever trained grappling even once in their life has tapped. It's literally not possible to not tap when you're training, especially when you're new. Khabib himself has tapped over tens of thousands of times in his life.

McGregor is a bum and should have rematched Aldo and gotten his ass kicked but that's a different story. Why do these guys call him "McTapper"? Everyone taps. Literally every single fighter that you have ever watched has tapped numerous times in their life. It's just a thing that happens when you train fighting. I don't get it.
Every. Single. One. Of. His. Losses. Was. By. Submission... All of them.

"Losing all your fights by submission doesn't mean anything" Lol I mean it must mean something..
Its just another way to lose but when a guy's losses all come from the same way, then he has a problem. Just like Anthony Johnson, all his losses come from RNC. Do you think its just coincidence?
Why do you think people mock Conor and not Masvidal who has lost more fights?
Conor turned the UFC into a circus and hit an old man, mock him for stuff like that. Trying to shit on him for tapping to a submission is basically shitting on every single fighter and all martial artists who have ever trained. Khabib himself is "Khatapper" by that rationale, as is every single fighter ever.

It's like, when someone does something shitty, you dont insult him in a way that actually insults everyone and is not unique to him as a person. That's just a sign of a low IQ. There are numerous things you can mock mcgregor for but trying to use tapping to a submission as somehow a point of shame is retarded and comes across as a display of the insulter's lack of training in martial arts.

There's no such thing as "tapping early". When a submission is sunk in there is no possibility of breaking out of it. There's no way to get out a rear naked when it's in. This is why Poirier tapped immediately when Khabib sunk the choke in, much faster than any of the taps that McGregor did when he was locked, but no one mocks Poirier for it, nor should they.
Conor allows himself to be choked and taps instantly. Rumble does it as well. Most top fighters will at least fight until they're about to go out. People escaping chokes that are 100% in happens all the time. There have even been fighters who have went out for a second while being choked and woke up then went on to win the fight.

Every. Single. One. Of. His. Losses. Was. By. Submission... All of them.
That literally means absolutely nothing.

It doesn't matter whatsoever, there is no point to use this as an "argument".

Conor doesn't like getting hit. When Diaz took over halfway through the 2nd round he started landing a shit ton of strikes when Conor gassed out. He knew he was fooked so he gave away a rather cheap submission rather than getting volume punched to a KO.

With the Khabib fight it's a little different as it looked like he wasn't really getting worked in the 4th like he was in the 2nd. But he was still in a position where he could have done more to defend the neck crank.

Henceforth, McTapper.

This angle, the tapping/quitting, is not my beef with McG. My beef is that he purposely navigates away from defending titles. This needs to be a sport first, spectacle second. Champions need to be incentivized by fans and MMA org to actually defend their titles.
And the first time he tried ditching his title defence obligations nate choked him out like a boss. Lol

So every fighter who has tapped in a fight is a quitter? Losing all your fights by submission doesn't mean anything, it's just another way to lose.
Do you not understand the difference between trying to defend against a submission vs. voluntarily giving your neck and tapping immediately so the fight is stopped?

The second things don't go Conor's way he looking for an out.

Also, it's a choke. You don't risk being badly injured as you would with an armbar or kimura where something has a chance to break. Unless the ref is a total moron, all you do is pass out and the fight is stopped.

Holly Holm fought the choke against Tate and went out. She had more balls than Conor to say in the fight instead of giving up.

Happy now?

Do you not understand the difference between trying to defend against a submission vs. voluntarily giving your neck and tapping immediately so the fight is stopped?

The second things don't go Conor's way he looking for an out.

Also, it's a choke. You don't risk being badly injured as you would with an armbar or kimura where something has a chance to break. Unless the ref is a total moron, all you do is pass out and the fight is stopped.

Holly Holm fought the choke against Tate and went out. She had more balls than Conor to say in the fight instead of giving up.

Happy now?
So fighters have to let themselves get choked out to not be somehow dishonored for losing to a submission now?

The shit you all are saying really sounds like you've never trained in martial arts. There is no shame in tapping to a locked submission. That's just martial arts.

Where's your poof?
Conor tapped to Duffy way quicker than Poirier tapped
My proof is the fights... the fuck are you talking about? Poirier tapped immediately, there is no faster way to tap. The choke sunk in and he immediately tapped, as he should have. What are you talking about?

That literally means absolutely nothing.

It doesn't matter whatsoever, there is no point to use this as an "argument".
I think it's the fact that he has a remarkably weak ground game from the bottom and hasn't been able to improve it. I think it's the fact that he knows this and intentionally avoids fighting anyone who can take him down and keep him there, as long as he has something to lose (Inb4 you retort with the fact that he fight Khabib, he only did that because he had nothing to lose). I think it's also the fact that he talks suuuuuuch a big game but along with his cardio, his poor ground defence is a hole he's been unable to fix for years, since he was kid, to joe Duffy to fucking nate of all people (yes yes Caesar gracie... But nate is a jobber) so combine all those factors and it's just hilarious watching him panic when dominated on the ground and you remember the shit he talked just hours before.

McTapper: That choke... I'd tap it!

Back