Can someone explain how did Conor McGregor become so popular?

he was featured in the postfight press conference on his UFC debut and charmed the pants off all the journalists there.

You could tell he was going to be a huge star.

“Joe, you know Jim Jones respects the skill level of Conor McGregor”.

<Goldie11><Goldie11>

He convinced an island full of drunken louts to follow him around the world.

You have to respect the Jim Jones like skill involved.

Yeah the UFC hype machine is doing superb at not having a single PPV break 500k this year

Obviously they both need each other. Both Ronda and Conor weren't popular before the UFC. & they wouldn't have been if they fought somewhere else.

Its a promotion for a reason.

In terms of popularity, Conor McGregor is the White Man of Muhammad Ali.

No one in MMA or Boxing is popular than Conor McGregor right now, not even the "Hall of Fame" UFC fighters. Everyone who just started watching combat sport talks about him and already sees him as an influential icon when there were dozens of MMA fighters who have accomplished better than him.

So, it got me wondering how did this man became so popular? Did social media played a huge role in this?
You really need an explanation for this?

I did have tree posts but tree minus one assholes got in the way of the last of the tree

6qhO.gif

50% Conor promoting himself and winning his fights, 50% the UFC giving him the right opportunities and push.

He did have the most exciting fights/ style and the most impressive run in a short time span in MMA history up until he stopped fighting. He hasn't fought in 2 years and he still beat 3/4 of the guys from the Fox card a week ago. Aldo, Alvarez, Porier. And he did them all in ridiculous fashion. And those guys are all contenders right now.

I think its the accent among Americans

Seriously, I think your typical beer drinking American can listen to an Irish shit talker yap his lips all day talking shit. And then he goes and actually does knock dudes silly, whats really not to like LoL.

In terms of popularity, Conor McGregor is the White Man of Muhammad Ali.

No one in MMA or Boxing is popular than Conor McGregor right now, not even the "Hall of Fame" UFC fighters. Everyone who just started watching combat sport talks about him and already sees him as an influential icon when there were dozens of MMA fighters who have accomplished better than him.

So, it got me wondering how did this man became so popular? Did social media played a huge role in this?

No he's not Ali, not even close.

Incredible trash talker and backs up his words, plus he's been pretty consistent wins wise.

Back