Can someone accurately translate this Sakakibara comment on Carwin?

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://efight.jp/news-20161219_252279

榊原委員長は「子どものことが大切なのは分かります。とはいえ、僕からすれば何を言ってるのかなという感じです。自分が一度出ると決めて契約書にサインしたことをそんな簡単に諦めるということが信じられない。その程度のヤツはいらないです。もう出てきて欲しくない。こちらから願い下げです。いろいろなプライベートのトラブルを抱えながら、このグランプリに命を懸けてチャレンジしてくれるファイターたちに失礼です」と厳しく非難した。

Here's google translate.

At the beginning of the press, on the background of the missing of Carwin Nobuyuki Sakakibara Executive Committee chairman RIZIN said, "I was receiving contact from Nuance that I can not train from Carwin as I expected in November, I want to decline the tournament It is explained. It was said that the child's custody battle occurred with the former wife who got divorced from Carwyn, and he was told that he was not in a mental condition to fight.

Chairperson Sakakibara said, "I understand that children are important, but I feel like I'm talking about what I am talking about. I decided to go out once and decided to sign the contract so easily. I can not believe that I can not believe that I do not need that guy.I do not want you to come out.This is my desire.Fighters who challenge my life by this Grand Prix while having various private troubles I am rude. "

I've read it on other sites translate as this.. but i'm not sure if it's accurate.

"
"Around November, we received notice from Carwin that he was not being able to train like he wanted to and wanted to withdraw from the tournament. [He is apparently fighting over custody of his children with his ex-wife and apparently not in the best mindset to fight]

"It is understood that his children are important. That said, from my point of view, I think what he is saying is nonsense. After having decided himself to step back into competition and signing a contract, I cannot believe that a fighter would give up so easily. I don't need someone of such low caliber. We no longer want him. In fact, we would like to refuse [his entry into our tournament]. Frankly it is a disgrace to the fighters who are taking part in our tournament regardless of their personal issues.""

That last translation is pretty harsh, but correct....He dropped the tourney due to mental stress? I get the situation but come one lol, I dont think we will be seeing a Carwin comeback...things do not seem to be as good for him atm...and with his age...likely never will be.

榊原委員長は「子どものことが大切なのは分かります。とはいえ、僕からすれば何を言ってるのかなという感じです。自分が一度出ると決めて契約書にサインしたことをそんな簡単に諦めるということが信じられない。その程度のヤツはいらないです。もう出てきて欲しくない。こちらから願い下げです。いろいろなプライベートのトラブルを抱えながら、このグランプリに命を懸けてチャレンジしてくれるファイターたちに失礼です」と厳しく非難した。

Here's google translate.

Chairperson Sakakibara said, "I understand that children are important, but I feel like I'm talking about what I am talking about. I decided to go out once and decided to sign the contract so easily. I can not believe that I can not believe that I do not need that guy.I do not want you to come out.This is my desire.Fighters who challenge my life by this Grand Prix while having various private troubles I am rude. "

This is not that accurate,

Chairperson Sakakibara said "Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston, had four No. 1 singles on it?”

He continues,

"It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks. But 'The Greatest Love of All' is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation and dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves,” he continues. “Since, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message. Crucial, really. And it's beautifully stated on the album."

Last edited:
It lines up with what the translator at the press conference said. Basically along the lines of Carwin is not a fighter anymore and his head is not in the right place, they didn't feel his excuse was good enough, etc.

Can't blame them, Carwin was one of the big attractions for the GP and just a month or 2 ago Carwin was campaigning for the GP only to pull out weeks before the event over something many fighters work through. Also can't blame Carwin for wanting to focus on his personal life but you have to question why he even signed up for the GP in the first place.

Carwin just had too many minds. Best of luck to him and his family.

It lines up with what the translator at the press conference said. Basically along the lines of Carwin is not a fighter anymore and his head is not in the right place, they didn't feel his excuse was good enough, etc.

Can't blame them, Carwin was one of the big attractions for the GP and just a month or 2 ago Carwin was campaigning for the GP only to pull out weeks before the event over something many fighters work through. Also can't blame Carwin for wanting to focus on his personal life but you have to question why he even signed up for the GP in the first place.

How close is what he said to this part.. "We no longer want him. In fact, we would like to refuse [his entry into our tournament]. Frankly it is a disgrace to the fighters who are taking part in our tournament regardless of their personal issues."""

Next press conference he's going to tell us how he's training for an agreed upon boxing match between himself and Carwin as a stipulation to get Carwin back into Rizin.....oh wait that script sounds familiar.

Lol Sakakibara going straight up Dana.

Next press conference he's going to tell us how he's training for an agreed upon boxing match between himself and Carwin as a stipulation to get Carwin back into Rizin.....oh wait that script sounds familiar.

Lol Sakakibara going straight up Dana.
He and Takada together, who said Carwin should "stay out of Japan for a while." Yakuza flunkies going full yakuza flunky on these fighters lately.

Here's google translate.

At the beginning of the press, on the background of the missing of Carwin Nobuyuki Sakakibara Executive Committee chairman RIZIN said, "I was receiving contact from Nuance that I can not train from Carwin as I expected in November, I want to decline the tournament It is explained. It was said that the child's custody battle occurred with the former wife who got divorced from Carwyn, and he was told that he was not in a mental condition to fight.

I've read it on other sites translate as this.. but i'm not sure if it's accurate.

"
"Around November, we received notice from Carwin that he was not being able to train like he wanted to and wanted to withdraw from the tournament. [He is apparently fighting over custody of his children with his ex-wife and apparently not in the best mindset to fight]

"It is understood that his children are important. That said, from my point of view, I think what he is saying is nonsense. After having decided himself to step back into competition and signing a contract, I cannot believe that a fighter would give up so easily. I don't need someone of such low caliber. We no longer want him. In fact, we would like to refuse [his entry into our tournament]. Frankly it is a disgrace to the fighters who are taking part in our tournament regardless of their personal issues.""

Translation is pretty accurate.

Chairperson Sakakibara said "Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston, had four No. 1 singles on it?”

He continues,

"It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks. But 'The Greatest Love of All' is one of the best, most powerful songs ever written about self-preservation and dignity. Its universal message crosses all boundaries and instills one with the hope that it's not too late to better ourselves,” he continues. “Since, it's impossible in this world we live in to empathize with others, we can always empathize with ourselves. It's an important message. Crucial, really. And it's beautifully stated on the album."

LOL

You actually listen to Whitney Houston?

You own a Whitney Houston CD?

More than one?

ROFL

I actually do own Whitney Houston CD's myself. Love her. Whatevs

He continues,

His last line loosely translated was: Now if you'll excuse me "I have some video tapes to return."

He continues,

I legit LOL'd - my favourite post of recent memory. Bravo dude.

He continues,

Lol? I actually thought he said that until I realize ur trolling lol

Carwin is done. Too many injuries, too much steroid abuse.

How close is what he said to this part.. "We no longer want him. In fact, we would like to refuse [his entry into our tournament]. Frankly it is a disgrace to the fighters who are taking part in our tournament regardless of their personal issues."""

Accurate

He went full Dana on that ass. Hopefully we can still hope for more one armed boxing matches in Carwin's future.

^^^
If someone can change Dana's face to Carwin's and change the logo of PRIDE to Rizin we may have something here.

What a damn letdown. I wanted to see him 1-2 baruto. Carwin is up to some shenanigans here. Wtf did he say he could participate for.

He continues,

Patrick-Bateman-american-psycho-21623913-500-197.gif

Back