Can Sherdoggers explain something to me re Izzy moving up?

sampuncher

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So we've seen about 10 threads since Saturday about how Izzy is an idiot for moving up in weight and how he's "derailed" himself and how he's been exposed.

The question I wanna know is, why wasn't the same said about Max when he moved up and had similar results to Dustin?

Also, Sherdoggers discredit Khabib from any GOAT conversation saying "he didn't test himself in the weight class above". People say the same to discredit GSP. I never understood the logic but now a fighter has tested himself, he's an idiot for attempting it, is it because he only weight 190lbs or just because you think he had no place at LHW?

I get the argument, however how can Izzy be stupid for making that decision yet Max wasn't and Khabib was a coward for not doing it apparently?

I'm just trying to get my head round some Sherdoggers logic.

For Khabib he missed weight twice so there's that, Izzy wasn't even 205 on fight night. He's a small middleweight. For Max the jump to 155 is only a 10lb difference, not 20lbs like the gap between middleweight and lhw. Also Max has to cut a decent amount even to get down to 155. Max vs Dustin was a closer fight than Izzy vs Jan as well.

I wouldn't look into it that much lol

Youre on sherdog. It's only black and white here and most people post things to get reactions out of people instead of honest discussion.

In hindsight it was a "bad move" because he lost. Had he won, it would have been legendary and we'd have a million Adesanya is the GOAT threads/Jan needs to retire.

The UFC fucked up making this fight imo, regardless of who won it was extremely short sighted. Im surprised they'd do that but I think WME probably puts a lot of downward pressure on Dana and matchmakers to sell PPVs in the short term at all costs. Theyd be better going back to their roots and reserving "superfights" for match-ups that really merit it.

Theyre diluting their superfights by constantly making them every other PPV now. Either way, its a win win for the fans but shortsighted from a business stand point that could eventually effect viewership down the road.

Max fought like he wanted it. Israel fought like he thought it would be easy pickin's, then checked out when he realized it wasn't.
You are stupid af. Israel didn't back down at all. If anything that is what led to Jan getting the last takedown. Max got beat up much worse than Israel.

Anyway as to your question TS, neither guy was stupid for testing themselves. People can question Adesanya's decision not to put on weight, but it was an understandable decision that most agreed with beforehand.

The only people calling Adesanya stupid are quite literally the trolls.

Trying to understand most Sherdogger's logic is likely to make your head spin trying to comprehend all these head cases.

I've said it before and I'll say it again this place sometimes is no better than Twitter with how people just spout out stupid shit. If not for the 140 Character limit I'd imagine most people on here would be on Twitter anyhow.

So we've seen about 10 threads since Saturday about how Izzy is an idiot for moving up in weight and how he's "derailed" himself and how he's been exposed.

The question I wanna know is, why wasn't the same said about Max when he moved up and had similar results to Dustin?

Also, Sherdoggers discredit Khabib from any GOAT conversation saying "he didn't test himself in the weight class above". People say the same to discredit GSP. I never understood the logic but now a fighter has tested himself, he's an idiot for attempting it, is it because he only weight 190lbs or just because you think he had no place at LHW?

I get the argument, however how can Izzy be stupid for making that decision yet Max wasn't and Khabib was a coward for not doing it apparently?

I'm just trying to get my head round some Sherdoggers logic.
Well, that exact thing WAS said.

But a few contextual things to keep in mind. Max moved up after being a notorious weight cutter and having a health scare in which he exhibited stroke like symptoms from the weight cut.

So the general perception was the he HAD to move up. Over time, people have forgotten about that.

You are stupid af. Israel didn't back down at all. If anything that is what led to Jan getting the last takedown. Max got beat up much worse than Israel.

Anyway as to your question TS, neither guy was stupid for testing themselves. People can question Adesanya's decision not to put on weight, but it was an understandable decision that most agreed with beforehand.

The only people calling Adesanya stupid are quite literally the trolls.

You sound like some metrosexual bitch defending their girlfriend.

They don't like him and are happy that he lost

It's really that simple.

Because Izzy's is the definition of cringe. He clearly got into kickboxing to meet friends. He is awkward as fuck and literally everything he says and does (outside of fighting) makes you want him to go away.
Don't quote me on that. I'm just guessing

Max actually put on a fight of the night performance against Dustin and made a good account of himself.

While Izzy got exposed for having no ground game and how his striking only works against bloated WWs like Gastelum & Whittaker and a drunk tuf can in Costa.

As soon as he fought someone close to his reach he got outstruck.

If anything Izzy should be embarrassed by his performance, no urgency to win and he thought by cherry picking Jan he would win but instead he got exposed.

Max actually put on a fight of the night performance against Dustin and made a good account of himself.

While Izzy got exposed for having no ground game and how his striking only works against bloated WWs like Gastelum & Whittaker and a drunk tuf can in Costa.

As soon as he fought someone close to his reach he got outstruck.

If anything Izzy should be embarrassed by his performance, no urgency to win and he thought by cherry picking Jan he would win but instead he got exposed.

I personally don't think there's nothing embarassing about moving up, giving up 30 lbs+ to a bigger guy who also happens to be the LHW champ who just finished a guy who took Jones, the GOAT of the division to his closest fight.

BJ is regarded as a legend for moving up and fighting someone like Lyoto who wasn't in his prime or a title holder whasoever who also had 30 lbs+ on him but Izzy should be embarassed apparently for doing the same.

Regardless if we're talking Max, Izzy, BJ, whoever it is, all guys moved up and lost decisions, didn't get finished, Max came closest to get finished out of anyone btw. Also, people saying Jan is cherry picked are high AF because Jan is no pushover at all. Look at his recent record.

For me I can't understand why anyone can genuinely think the Izzy loss is embarassing when the other losses weren't other than personal opinions on Izzy. The results are all the same.

Last edited:
I know it is, I just want to see if anyone wants to be that honest about it and admit it.
There is a small chance that no INDIVIDUALS are being hypocritical. Everything you’ve mentioned so far are waves of sherdog conventional wisdom, at most.

Because of course, each of those trends you mention had plenty of counter opinions too.

But a more likely scenario is that lots of folks form their opinions after the fact, so that the facts fit their opinions like a glove. Monday morning quarterbacking. Safer that way. They wouldn’t have been saying Israel is stupid for going up....if he’d won.

Max is more beloved than Adesanya is on this forum and he didn't have an undefeated record to "protect".

Back