Can Sara hold Ronda down?

I'm not reaching for straws. Sara and Miesha are set to fight in a few weeks. Given the depth of top fighters in the WBW division Sara will likely face Ronda in a rematch very soon if she's able to beat Miesha.

Given the likelihood of a rematch, the fact that the first fight ended so quickly, and the outrage when the first fight was stopped I wanted to know how people thought Sara would do if she was able to use her wrestling.

how did you come to this conclusion that sara will face ronda in a rematch very soon?

if you watch rousey's most recent interview in jan 2015 with florian & stann, rousey states that she's interested in future opponents such as bethe correria, holly holms, and jessica eye.

the only way mcmann would fight rousey in 2015 would be if any of the above three are injured and mcmann fills in as a last minute replacement.

it's possible, but it's very unlikely that all three would be injured and unable to take a fight against rousey in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiVCGJdrHYQ

how did you come to this conclusion that sara will face ronda in a rematch very soon?

if you watch rousey's most recent interview in jan 2015 with florian & stann, rousey states that she's interested in future opponents such as bethe correria, holly holms, and jessica eye.

the only way mcmann would fight rousey in 2015 would be if any of the above three are injured and mcmann fills in as a last minute replacement.

it's possible, but it's very unlikely that all three would be injured and unable to take a fight against rousey in 2015.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiVCGJdrHYQ

I saw her interview when it was first aired. She said they were some fighters on her radar and some she will be watching. That doesn't mean they will be her next 3 fights.

Holly has stated she wants to wait to face Ronda so isn't facing Ronda anytime soon. Maybe end of 2015 but wouldn't be surprising if we don't see her face Ronda until 2016.

Jessica may be a contender soon and I see her facing Ronda in 2015. However Sara has been pushing for a rematch and Jessica hasn't been campaigning for a title shot.

Also Sara is facing Miesha who is #2 in the UFC so beating Miesha will put her in comtendership status.

Jessica, OTOH, still needs to beat a top 5 girl before going against Ronda.

Thus Sara is probably going to face Ronda before Jessica does if Sara beats Miesha.

Given the entertainment angle this could change if Jessica starts running her mouth but that hasn't happened yet. Also Sara could also up the ante to push for a TS as well.

As for Bethe it's a wait and see. If she loses against Sarah then that's all she wrote. If she wins, it's likely her and Sara will be Ronda's next two fights. I put Sara ahead of Bethe though.

I saw her interview when it was first aired. She said they were some fighters on her radar and some she will be watching. That doesn't mean they will be her next 3 fights.

Holly has stated she wants to wait to face Ronda so isn't facing Ronda anytime soon. Maybe end of 2015 but wouldn't be surprising if we don't see her face Ronda until 2016.

Jessica may be a contender soon and I see her facing Ronda in 2015. However Sara has been pushing for a rematch and Jessica hasn't been campaigning for a title shot.

Also Sara is facing Miesha who is #2 in the UFC so beating Miesha will put her in comtendership status.

Jessica, OTOH, still needs to beat a top 5 girl before going against Ronda despite what you might think.

Thus Sara is probably going to face Ronda before Jessica does if Sara beats Miesha.

Given the entertainment angle this could change if Jessica starts running her mouth but that hasn't happened yet. Also Sara could also up the ante to push for a TS as well.

As for Bethe it's a wait and see. If she loses against Sarah then that's all she wrote. If she wins, it's likely her and Sara will be Ronda's next two fights. I put Sara ahead of Bethe though.

what you fail to understand is rousey isn't obligated to take any fight that she doesn't want despite what you think.

rousey is the champ and if she has stated that she is interested in fighting correia, holm, and eye, why would uncle dana give her a different opponent like a mcmann rematch when rousey isn't obligated to sign the fight contract? it makes no sense.

rousey could easily pass on a rematch with mcmann and there would still be a line of opponents that would sign a fight contract to compete against rousey for the championship belt.

rousey as the champ gets plenty of leeway to pick and choose her next opponent despite what you might think.

After seeing McMann vs. Baszler, it looks clear to me that the threat McMann poses isn't that she'll keep Ronda on the ground (McMann's sub defense probably isn't spectacular), it's that she has the best opportunity to keep Ronda on the feet.

what you fail to understand is rousey isn't obligated to take any fight that she doesn't want despite what you think.

rousey is the champ and if she has stated that she is interested in fighting correia, holm, and eye, why would uncle dana give her a different opponent like a mcmann rematch when rousey isn't obligated to sign the fight contract? it makes no sense.

rousey could easily pass on a rematch with mcmann and there would still be a line of opponents that would sign a fight contract to compete against rousey for the championship belt.

rousey as the champ gets plenty of leeway to pick and choose her next opponent despite what you might think.

What you fail to understand is that Ronda isn't likely to start trouble with the UFC by refusing to fight someone this close to her contract being renegotiated.

Do you think Ronda just handpicks all her opponents?

By your logic Ronda could simply refuse to fight anyone ranked in the top 50 and stay champ forever by virtue of not fighting any of the top girls.

Think about it: Miesha is #2 and Sara is #3. What does it sound like when the next two ranked fighters are fighting a month before a title fight?

Sounds like an elimination fight to see who's next for the champ to me.

Also Holly gas stated MULTIPLE times she's waiting to face Ronda so that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, Bethe is a possibility, and Jessica is ranked lower than Sara and isn't creating any hype for a title fight.

Do you think Jessica will get a shot being ranked #6 over someone who beats #2 (if she beats Miesha) when Jessica isn't even pushing for the fight? Or do you see Ronda fighting Bethe and only Bethe this year after Cat?

Last edited:
What you fail to understand is that Ronda isn't likely to start trouble with the UFC by refusing to fight someone this close to her contract being renegotiated.

Do you think Ronda just handpicks all her opponents?

By your logic Ronda could simply refuse to fight anyone ranked in the top 50 and stay champ forever by virtue of not fighting any of the top girls.

Think about it: Miesha is #2 and Sara is #3. What does it sound like when the next two ranked fighters are fighting a month before a title fight?

Sounds like an elimination fight to see who's next for the champ to me.

Also Holly gas stated MULTIPLE times she's waiting to face Ronda so that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, Bethe is a possibility, and Jessica is ranked lower than Sara and isn't creating any hype for a title fight.

Do you think Jessica will get a shot being ranked #6 over someone who beats #2 (if she beats Miesha) when Jessica isn't even pushing for the fight? Or do you see Ronda fighting Bethe and only Bethe this year after Cat?

let me refresh your memory because you're just rambling on and on with your post, rather than, answering the question.

you stated in your original post that mcmann "will likely face ronda in a rematch very soon if she's able to beat miesha".

in rousey's most recent interview with florian & stann in jan 2015, rousey has stated she's interested in fighting correia, holm, and eye.

yet, you continue on this argument that mcmann will face rousey in a rematch "very soon" when rousey has not expressed or stated any interest in fighting mcmann in a rematch.

if rousey declines to fight mcmann in a rematch by refusing to sign the fight contract, how does a rematch between mcmann and rousey happen "very soon" according to your original post?

you would make a more convincing argument if you were able to answer this question, rather than, responding with irrelevant questions.

Anyone who's paid ANY attention to Rousey's career and decides their game plan is to be on top for 5 rounds is fucking mental unless their sub defence is out of this world. I dont care if she CAN.

let me refresh your memory because you're just rambling on and on with your post, rather than, answering the question.

you stated in your original post that mcmann "will likely face ronda in a rematch very soon if she's able to beat miesha".

in rousey's most recent interview with florian & stann in jan 2015, rousey has stated she's interested in fighting correia, holm, and eye.

yet, you continue on this argument that mcmann will face rousey in a rematch "very soon" when rousey has not expressed or stated any interest in fighting mcmann in a rematch.

if rousey declines to fight mcmann in a rematch by refusing to sign the fight contract, how does a rematch between mcmann and rousey happen "very soon" according to your original post?

you would make a more convincing argument if you were able to answer this question, rather than, responding with irrelevant questions.

I answered you in my last post which you apparently chose to ignore.

I will repeat myself once again: Sara will likely face Ronda soon because if she beats Miesha the only other plausible contender is Bethe who is still not even in the top 5. The only reason Bethe is a possibility is because of hype.

Your entire point is predicated on Ronda refusing to sign the fight contract. Why would she refuse to sign the contract if Sara becomes the rightful #1 contender?

Ronda mentioned some fighters she thought were up and coming and based on that you concluded she'd refuse to fight anyone else. That doesn't make sense.

Back