Can Sara hold Ronda down?

jamiehunter

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Assuming Sara is able to get in top position would Sara be able to hold Ronda on the ground for a significant amount of time (at least half a round) in a rematch?

If so, do you see her committing to a predominantly LNP strategy or a GNP strategy?

If not, do you think Ronda will explode completely out of position and get back on top/back on her feet or do you think she'll remain on bottom and go for a submission from there?

Basically how do you see the fight going if Sara is able to get top position over Ronda?

I see it going the same way in that it will be another early finish.

Maybe armbar, maybe a TKO, or who knows? Maybe a choke.

Either way let's see how Sara looks against Tate first.

She'd be the first, then she would get tapped out.

castaway-masturbating-gif.gif

Assuming Sara is able to get in top position would Sara be able to hold Ronda on the ground for a significant amount of time (at least half a round) in a rematch?

If so, do you see her committing to a predominantly LNP strategy or a GNP strategy?

If not, do you think Ronda will explode completely out of position and get back on top/back on her feet or do you think she'll remain on bottom and go for a submission from there?

Basically how do you see the fight going if Sara is able to get top position over Ronda?
The question would be better said, "SHOULD Sara try to hold Ronda down?"

Ronda's hip movement, speed, and technical acumen for arm subs is breath-taking. Every moment on the ground with her, by other female fighters is putting the limbs and the fight at high risk.

Unless Sara can unleash some type of heavily upsetting GNP I think she might last a round but not be able to keep her pinned and would eventually sucumb to a sub or be reversed.

I actually had to check the date of this thread.

No, Sara could not hold Ronda down.

Ronda via TKO in the first round.

Nothing in the first fight told us anything other then Ronda is way better then she is.

I don't think pure wrestling is the way to beat Ronda. And I have no idea how good Sara's submission defense is. She is not outstriking Ronda either.

For a moment there I actually thought this was a thread from last year that some guy necrobumped to spite TS.

Shame.

No ts is reaching for straws that are not even there. Cat is Ronda's best op. she won't last long either.

Yeah, she was losing the whole time against Tate, and looked bad against Nunes in the first half of the fight.
She pulls that shit against Ronda she's gonna pay for it fast

Ronda is a big bantamweight and Judo is all about not being on the ground. So no.

Back