Can Rumble beat Jon Jones?

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Rumble has a good chance at beating Jones: he's strong, his striking is phenomenal, he's a great wrestler and he has great cardio and takedown defense.

What do you guys think?

His fight against Davis leads me to believe he has a chance.

I don't know. But his wrestling agains Davis was really good, I'll give him that. Maybe he can stuff some TDs from Jones, but I don't see him getting a win.

Jones by submission ;)

Doubtful. Rumble would have about 3 minutes to make something crazy happen, and then the sizeable cardio gap between them would drown him.

He could but after seeing Jon dismantle a very good wrestler like DC and scores of strikers like Page, Shogun & Machida it seems like Gus is really the true threat for Bones at 205.

How not? With his T/E ratio and without the magic powder even a little girl would beat him, right?

I need to see more from this new version of Rumble to form a proper opinion.

I think people are over valuing the Davis and Zombie Nog wins.

IF he handily defeats Gus, which I don't expect him to do, I would reconsider.

I think Rumble is a better version of Glover but he will prob gas by the end of the 3rd. Jones will beat him. I'll be rooting for Rumble though if they fight.

Jones looked hit-table in the Cormier and Gus fight, and rumble packs more power then any of them which leads to believe he might be able to knock him out, though I would still favor jones. Rumble has even worse cardio then Cormier, which leads to believe if he doesn't win it in 3 rounds, jones will out point him, if not finish him. Even if rumble won, he wouldn't hold the belt for long, unless he fixed his cardio issues.

Some people will say he's the one to do it.

When he fails, they'll say it's unfair because "Bones is an eyepoking, drug taking ectomorph".

i'm excited about rumble. jon jones is a badass but watching rumble fight actually scares me. not so much a punchers chance as a murderers chance

i'd rather leave my mom with jones tho

I wouldnt bet on it

Jones nuthugger checking in, he can't beat Jones in a decision or sub. I will say though a flash KO is always possible with his power but Jones has a granite beard. Fresh from Columbia shipment Jones will eviscerate Rumble imo.

He does something really important which is attacking the lead leg. I'd like to see him do some more effective striking from Southpaw. If he could do that while staying off his back and not gassing he could definitely get a decision.

who nose? :icon_chee

I don't think so though, but then again I didn't think he was going to dominate Phil Davis like he did. Let's see how he does against Gus first.

Doubtful. Rumble would have about 3 minutes to make something crazy happen, and then the sizeable cardio gap between them would drown him.

his cardio was fine against davis, and still looked dangerous in the 3rd imo.

No more than a 10% chance of defeating Jones in my opinion

He could but after seeing Jon dismantle a very good wrestler like DC and scores of strikers like Page, Shogun & Machida it seems like Gus is really the true threat for Bones at 205.

Yes, this is what I am thinking.

Back