Can Ronda Submit Alexis?

"It's never too early to train and practice that gameplan over and over and over, I'm going to beat it into my skull if I have to. Swear to God, she's not going to armbar me if it's the last thing I do. I will seriously shoot myself in the face before I leave that cage if she armbars me again. It can't happen ... That's what I'm going to do from now until December 28, it's going to be an anti-judo camp." - Meisha Tate

Good luck Davis. Just don't make any stupid claims about stopping the arm bar or shooting yourself in the face.

"It's never too early to train and practice that gameplan over and over and over, I'm going to beat it into my skull if I have to. Swear to God, she's not going to armbar me if it's the last thing I do. I will seriously shoot myself in the face before I leave that cage if she armbars me again. It can't happen ... That's what I'm going to do from now until December 28, it's going to be an anti-judo camp." - Meisha Tate

Good luck Davis. Just don't make any stupid claims about stopping the arm bar or shooting yourself in the face.

I hope shooting sloppy telegraphed takedowns wasn't part of her "anti judo camp"

Tate defended the first armbar attempt. Tuen, she got thrown like a sack of potatoes for 3 rounds, and she chose the easy way out. Iirc, Rogan said that her arm wasn't hyper-extended.

Getting judo-throwed for 3 rounds is a real morale breaker though

I believe what happened was Tate knew Ronda had it and didn't want her arm to end up like it did the first time around. So quick tap.

I hope shooting sloppy telegraphed takedowns wasn't part of her "anti judo camp"

I was screaming at my screen whenever she went for the takedowns, and then got throwed immediately haha. Like , WTF are you doing woman?!?!

Your question is wrong. The question is can Alexis avoid the armbar? The answer to that question is not bloody likely.

Damn davis is a pretty accomplished BJJ artist, she's getting no credit in here lol.

I believe what happened was Tate knew Ronda had it and didn't want her arm to end up like it did the first time around. So quick tap.

" She's already breaking, Miesha ".
Memorable quote by one person at her corner.

Nah, Ronda broke her. She had nothing left unfortunately.

Hell, she even screwed up her hand in the first fight. That tells me she had too much pride and ego back then. But , after getting humiliated for 3 rounds, she didn't have any ego or pride left and she tapped prematurely.

My 2 cents ofc

The answer is probably "yes". Will Ronda be able to easily apply the armbar like she did to Kaufman and Tate? The answer is...maybe not. But we learned something from the McMann fight (when people were like, "Can Ronda take Sara down?"), that is: Ronda will always have a strategy that bypasses takedown+armbarring completely....she will have more than one way to win.

Jarl

Ronda will be going for the armbar if the tko doesn't materialize

Shit every Ronda vs Alexis topic makes me think Ronda is fighting Alexis Texas heh

Wonder if this thread was started by a ufc shill in hopes of the fight gaining some interest. Alexis isn't going to beat Ronda and I doubt she would beat Kauffman in a third fight either.

I think this is a great fight and will not be a walkover for Rousey. She should be the favorite, but Davis is legit.

under the right circumstances

Miesha was able to get out of Ronda's armbar in their second fight, so I definitely think Alexis can stop Ronda's armbar.

She also got out in the first fight.
Ronda+Rousey+Breaks+Miesha+Tate's+Arm+-+Strikeforce.gif

Ended up just making things worse for her.

Alexis seems confident that she can stop Ronda's armbar and she has never been submitted before, so does anyone think she can stop Ronda's armbar? I think Alexis won't be submitted; Miesha was able to get out of Ronda's armbar in their second fight, so I definitely think Alexis can stop Ronda's armbar.

Your words are confusing.

Are you asking will Ronda armbar her in round one?

Yes, yes she will.

Back