Can Ronda Rousey now beat some 125lbs UFC men fighters?

I wish she'd take on McCall at Metamoris.

Both of them have too much on the line for it to happen, I guess. But it would be fun just to see and would give us some context for all these crazy debates that we have on Sherdog based on nothing at all.

I know most of Sherdog thinks they know exactly how a grappling match between them would turn out, but I really don't feel like I have a clue what would happen.

I could see it turning out just about any which way... him outclassing her, or her outclassing him, or an even match.

I'd love to see it.

I think the grappling would be pretty close and she wouldn't be a huge favorite but might have the edge, hence a 'decent' chance of snatching a sub and not 'she would annihilate him'.

A grappling match between the two would probably be more fun/interesting than an MMA fight since as I said, MM would win a good majority in a fight.

Okay. You are convinced.

He would just circle around her? Have you seen how good her striking was against Bethe? Demetrious Johnson would need to take it to the ground, and Ronda is an Olympian, she can armbar any man on the planet (given the right circumstances).

Lol this guy changes his stance every thread, the only thing consistent about his posts is that he hates everything like the miserable prick that he is.

Wait because she beat Bethe in one of the biggest can crushing squash matches in MMA history she can beat men now?

Let alone Mighty Mouse one of the best p4p fighters in the world and an incredibly dominant champion in his own right. Sorry but the Ronda circle jerk has officially gone full retard

Lol this guy changes his stance every thread, the only thing consistent about his posts is that he hates everything like the miserable prick that he is.

The guy is being sarcastic. He is one of the biggest WMMA detractors on this forum.

Ofc she CAN, the question is how big of an underdog she would be.

This is by far the most reasonable take on the issue (although I'm not sure she has anything like a legitimate chance against at least the top 3 guys at fly and at least the top 5 guys at bantam).

I wish she'd take on McCall at Metamoris.

Both of them have too much on the line for it to happen, I guess. But it would be fun just to see and would give us some context for all these crazy debates that we have on Sherdog based on nothing at all.

I know most of Sherdog thinks they know exactly how a grappling match between them would turn out, but I really don't feel like I have a clue what would happen.

I could see it turning out just about any which way... him outclassing her, or her outclassing him, or an even match.

I'd love to see it.

Lucia Rijker, heralded by most as the most accomplished athlete in women's striking sports, was beaten by a jobber Nak Muay by the name of Somchai Jaidee by KO. Rijker has won pretty much everything that is to be won in kickboxing and had even won a few world titles in boxing under the tutelage of Freddie Roach. She also sports a perfect record with most of her wins coming via (T)KO. Jaidee, on the other hand, was never to be heard from again(at least in any meaningful way) after this fight.

I think the answer to the question is pretty clear, and has been for a really long time.

Last edited:
Lol, no. She would lose to most guys with a positive record in the amateur circuit, and that's being extremely generous to her.

She can outgrapple them for sure and probably submit every single 125er. But MMA it would be 50/50

Lucia Rijker, heralded by most as the most accomplished athlete in women's striking sports, was beaten by a jobber Nak Muay by the name of Somchai Jaidee by KO. Rijker has won pretty much everything that is to be won in kickboxing and had even won a few world titles in boxing under the tutelage of Freddie Roach. She also sports a perfect record with most of her wins coming via (T)KO. Jaidee, on the other hand, was never to be heard from again(at least in any meaningful way) after this fight.

I think the answer to the question is pretty clear, and has been for a really long time.

I think striking is different from grappling in a number of ways.

The most relevant of these being that there's no good reason why we can't see a mixed grappling match from time to time.

She wouldn't beat Ian McCall. He's too fast for her. She wouldn't catch him at all, lol, his footwork is too good, he'd dance circles around her and box her up.

fuck sake ts.

generally speaking, no she was get smashed - her only hope would be some newbie who isnt used to the big lights of the ufc and chokes.

men>woman in sports - just speaking the truth, sorry to hurt your fee fee

Back