Can Ronda Rousey in 2013 Do What Brock Lesnar Failed At?

Rousey is way too over hyped. Shes a good fighter, so are a lot of others in UFC. What is so special about her? Brock at least had a huge fan base coming in.

does that really bother people? So what if all her fights are quick armbars, all of Mike Tysons great wins were quick knockouts... and people called him one of the best of all time for it

I'd love to see anyone be able to quickly armbar their opponets, whether it's the women's 135 champion of the men's FLW/BW/FW/LW/WW/MW/LHW/HW champion

I wouldnt pay $60 to see Ronda just manhandle a weaker female to the ground and slap on an armbar. You got that.

He is not and t's not arguable. I can name at least 5 hockey players who are bigger and more well known. So many people still have no idea what MMA is let alone who GSP is. The sports beat writers give him his dues though, which is helping him, so in time he may catch up...if he doesn't retire first.
he got canadian athlete of the year on sportsnet... he gets mentioned a lot.

Ronda is a nobody, im sorry. When brock was doing MMA before he even got in the UFC people took notice, then when he joined the UFC he was immediately the biggest draw and non-fans everywhere were talking about it. I have not heard a single one of my friends (casual mma fans) mention Ronda or any interest in women fighting in general on UFC cards. She will not be a draw like Brock. WNBA gets horrible ratings for a reason.

BS. Examples of said fighters making more $$$ than Brock in the UFC. Most likely GSP and Anderson. Who else?

Anybody that makes 250 000 a fight in the UFC makes more per "appearance" than what Brock makes in the WWE per "appearance" based on the information in this article.

That's just based on base pay.

As much as MMA fans like to think otherwise MMA is still a niche sport that most people couldn't name one current fighter.

Rousey is way too over hyped. Shes a good fighter, so are a lot of others in UFC. What is so special about her? Brock at least had a huge fan base coming in.

She's an attractive woman and that equals ratings. Just look at any famous woman; Katy Perry, Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, they're not famous for how bad they are at their job, they're famous because they have good tits. Sex is the mos sell-able thing in the world.

Anybody that makes 250 000 a fight in the UFC makes more per "appearance" than what Brock makes in the WWE per "appearance" based on the information in this article.

That's just based on base pay.

Apperance wise maybe. I dont follow wrestling too much but I've seen Brock make "appearances" and just show up to talk. That 250k Brock is making is easy money. If his body could hold up to MMA he'd still be fighting imo.

That article is terrible, just full of complete nonsensical shit.

Ronda will never come anywhere near Brock in terms of sales. Unless the UFC push that PPV like a Jehovah's witness trying to push the message of Jesus Christ, it could be the worst selling PPV in many years.

bahahahahahaha...that made me laugh out loud here at the office. Thanks for the humor and perspective view.

This whole WMMA has everything to do with Dana Whites crush on Rousey, that's it.

Back