Can Romero pull out a "Woodley" in the middle weight division?

That´s true, but I think he´s been fight very smart lately.... didn´t take Jacare down or stay on the feet long with Machida, so he´s deciding where the fight takes place and taking away the opponent´s best advantage.
Obviously you don't actually watch fights because Yoel stood with and got the better of machida for over two rounds on the feet.

What's with people bringing up that Yoel got hurt by Kennedy so he is not champion material? They do realize Kennedy dominated the current champ right before he fought Yoel.

Obviously you don't actually watch fights because Yoel stood with and got the better of machida for over two rounds on the feet.
I do watch, but it´s hundreds of fights bro.... but you´re right, he did stay on the feet and only took him down on the third.

Bisping is the champ right now. If he fights Yoel after Hendo, I put my measly everything on Yoel taking dat ass.

Aren't you paying attention?....Of course, he is a soldier of god!....He isn't saluting Bruce Buffer.

You mean not fight other contenders because it's bad for his brand? Sure he can.

But Gay Jesus won't allow Yoel to duck anyone.
Gay Jesus needs constant supply of the enemy's consciousness or souls.

Great wrestling, not great stand up or combos but killer shots.... not great cardio either.... the difference in my opinion is that Woodley showed more ups and downs than Yoel who hasn´t lost yet.

Woodley's takedowns have been stuffed quite easily before whereas Yoel takes down everyone he fights for the most part. Tyron has better control whereas Yoel's more dangerous on the ground with his GnP. Although both are very explosive in the stand up Woodley really only has the right hand and occasional low kicks where as Yolo will throw pretty much anything and everything.

lol he got KO'd by Tim Kennedy then had to grab and hold the fence to keep from losing to Jacare
Kennedy got him rocked because he held his gloves, an illegal move. He hit him with his best shots and Romero still didn't get koed lmao. After the misunderstanding he pounded Kennedy's face in lmao. And every fighter has held the cage at some point, why don't you talk about Gunnar who held it the fight before against Maia?

Concerning Jacare vs Yoel, people fail to take into account that Yoel, gassed after furious and rather wasteful swinging in the 1st, not to mention being sick coming into the fight, held his own in the 3rd round while Jacare was on top of him.

Jacare was able to easily submit fresh Vitor

Now start thinking

Hell yeah he could...

He's already beat Jacare and Machida. I think he can beat Bisping and Rockhold too

Personally I had Jacare winning that fight, specially after the fence grabbing and all....
I had Jacare winning as well.

As for the Kennedy fight, Romero was outclassing him in the first round easily. Started to slow down in the second which gave Kennedy the chance to grab Romero's glove and beat the shit out him. After that of course stool gate and a TKO win for Romero.

what do you mean?... woodly wasnt even considered close to worthy for the title shot.. and he got it..

yoel is by far the clear #1 contender and has looked scary for the most part.. only problem is questionable late fight cardio.. and usada (lol)

yoel winning the belt wouldnt be surprising.. especially if he takes it from a guy like bisping

Pull a Woodley as in wait for a title shot?

Yea I guess he could. His streak is undeniable, even with a drug test failure. Except Romero's shot would be far more deserved than Woodley's

Jacare is a victim of bad luck. First he faces Chris Camozzi twice which didn't raise his stock. Then he loses to Romero. Then he gets injured and Bisping steals his crown by beating Rockhold himself. As a consequence of Bisping jumping into the limelight on the same day that Hendo wins impressively, the UFC sees an opportunity for a title fight with Hendo. Sorry Jacare noone feels sorry for you if you never get it.

Jacare is a victim of bad luck. First he faces Chris Camozzi twice which didn't raise his stock. Then he loses to Romero. Then he gets injured and Bisping steals his crown by beating Rockhold himself. As a consequence of Bisping jumping into the limelight on the same day that Hendo wins impressively, the UFC sees an opportunity for a title fight with Hendo. Sorry Jacare noone feels sorry for you if you never get it.
Yeah, I see what you´re saying, other guys probably wouldn´t be willing to fight Jacare in a few days notice either. But it´s not Jacare´s fault, they should´ve given him his title shot even after feeding him Camozzi twice. Woodley got it this way, much less deserving than Jacare in my opinion.

He can get the belt next year for sure
Only thing that worries me is his age (and PEDs of course)

Honestly I think Jacare beat him. I won money on that fight but I thought it was a robbery.

But Yoel would smoke most of currennt MWs.

Back