Can Romero pull out a "Woodley" in the middle weight division?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
More explosive and stronger than anybody in the MW division, I was very impressed how he was able to avoid Jacare´s ground game until late in the third round. Nobody seems unstoppable once the Spider vacated the belt in this division except for this guy. Can he pull out a Woodley, use his superior wrestling and power to ge the belt?romero 2.jpg

i think recent times should show everyone that top guys can beat each other if given the chance - the real question is, who is given the best opportunities and who can make the best of those big moments - if romero got a couple good fights and had a bit of luck on his side, he could easily beat a couple top guys, including whoever happens to be champ at the time, and be considered top of the division - he could also lose his next fight, not be given a good opportunity for a while, and be forgotten - thats how it goes in the fight game, hes not young

i think recent times should show everyone that top guys can beat each other if given the chance - the real question is, who is given the best opportunities and who can make the best of those big moments - if romero got a couple good fights and had a bit of luck on his side, he could easily beat a couple top guys, including whoever happens to be champ at the time, and be considered top of the division - he could also lose his next fight, not be given a good opportunity for a while, and be forgotten - thats how it goes in the fight game, hes not young
That´s true, but I think he´s been fight very smart lately.... didn´t take Jacare down or stay on the feet long with Machida, so he´s deciding where the fight takes place and taking away the opponent´s best advantage.

Pull out a Woodley means calling out a fighter whose last win was in 2011 over a fat lightweight for a fight that doesn't make any sense?

Pull out a Woodley means calling out a fighter whose last win as in 2011 over a fat lightweight for a fight that doesn't make any sense?
lol... not like that, I meant inside the octagon.

who exactly has woodley outwrestled in the UFC?

out of 8 UFC opponents, he has only taken one down (condit)

lol... not like that, I meant inside the octagon.

Sorry, mate, couldn't help it. Yeah, I think it's possible, even though I'd like to see Mike holding that belt for a while.

Romero will be champion in 2017. i'm 100 confident.

Given his positive PED test, I would like to see what he looks like on fight night before I start speculating on his future.

I think Romero crushes everyone on his path. The guy is just a fucking monster. It's a shame really he started so late with mma, because he's getting quite old now.

More explosive and stronger than anybody in the MW division, I was very impressed how he was able to avoid Jacare´s ground game until late in the third round. Nobody seems unstoppable once the Spider vacated the belt in this division except for this guy. Can he pull out a Woodley, use his superior wrestling and power to ge the belt?View attachment 129607

Anderson didn't Vacate... He was stopped by Weidman... Twice.

who exactly has woodley outwrestled in the UFC?

out of 8 UFC opponents, he has only taken one down (condit)
Good point, not many people, I guess just the odds of not being able to take him down or the threat of getting taken down makes people not want to engage him on grappling.

Yoel could hold the belt for a decade.
if he can have unlimited stool breaks

s-l300.jpg

Outside of explosiveness and physique these guys aren't much alike skilkwise.

The thing with Romero is, he's pretty old. He's still very explosive and relatively new to MMA, so he might not have as much wear and tear as other fighters of his age. He's been suspended, and he did look a lot like a juicer. I'm curious to see his next fight. I think the gas tank might be a problem in a 5-rounder.

Sure. Why not.

With the game of hot potato going on with most of the belts this year, I wouldn't bet against anyone.

In fact, I'd prolly be more likely to bet on the non titleholder.

Back