Can Romero beat Jones?

Anyone can beat anyone else under the right circumstances. In Romero's case, it's unlikely he would beat either of them.

No for gay Jesus
No for gay LHW Romero

205 Romero v Jon Jones first fight back and heavily USADA-tested would be an interesting matchup.

last time JJ came back heavily tested after a long layoff, his first fight was very cautious. i'd love to see if Romero can get inside on that Jon Jones. i'd love to see if that Jon Jones attempts to grapple with Romero.
Jones was very cautious, yet still broke OSP's arm and dominated. He would try harder against more resistance. I mean, is Romero better anywhere at all?

Enhanced Jones beats enhanced Gay Jesus
Natural Jones losses to enhanced Gay Jesus
Enhanced Jones beats natural Gay Jesus
Natural Jones beats natural Gay Jesus

USADA beat Jones twice
USADA beat Gay Jesus once but was overturned
Since we are talking about Jones and Gay Jesus, so USADA is irrelevant

In conclusion, Jones beats Gay Jesus 3 out of 4 fights
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Except Gay Jesus has passed or was redeemd of all his USADA test.

So the Romero we see is "natural" as far as we can say.

What is with all this Romero shit?!?

The dude couldn’t beat Whitaker, who he had on Queer Street for a round and a half...

And now the question is whether he can beat guys who have proven GOAT status???

How many titles has Yoel won in mma? How many defenses? Who is his best win?

Answering these questions will clarify how stupid this conversation is...

Too bad Romero will be retired by the time Juicehead returns.

Jones was very cautious, yet still broke OSP's arm and dominated. He would try harder against more resistance. I mean, is Romero better anywhere at all?
Romero would challenge Jon Jones more than OSP, yes. IMO.

but be careful you don't turn my post into some vague statement about Jones or Jones' abilities. i said three very specific things about the matchup:
  1. last time JJ came back heavily tested after a long layoff, his first fight was very cautious.
  2. i'd love to see if Romero can get inside on that Jon Jones.
  3. i'd love to see if that Jon Jones attempts to grapple with Romero.

Life has already beat Jones, so of course Romero could to ......

I think he would have a much better shot against DC than Shogun would, but relying on ko power against DC doesn't really work.

Jones would take Romero down and finish him without much trouble imo.

No

Yoel beat the shit out of Whittaker, but Whittaker is overrated as hell. He got a KO on Derek Brunson and then an aging Jacare and was pushed to the moon from there.

When people think prime Anderson Silva wouldn’t demolish the current MW division it makes me sad.

The real question is how many blatant fouls committed between both combatants

Jones, probably not.

Cormier, i'd like to say no. But if he can land a hailmary strike he could potentially finish. I can't say the same for a jones fight, because i think romero would have trouble catching jones.

Anyone with heavy heads that isn’t afraid to throw can beat jones. He has horrendous boxing defense. He basically sticks and arm out and doesn’t cover up. The problem is that he has such a huge reach that this somewhat works and guys are intimidated to fully blitz him like vitor. I don’t think yoel would hesitate.

Anyone *can* beat anyone.

The only question is what the odds would be.

There would be literally no reason to place Yoel as anything other than a straightforward underdog against either DC or Jones. The only thing that wouldn't make it an overly severe case is his power, and maybe some uncertainty about where clean Jones's true performance really is.

Romero can beat anyone but I doubt he could beat either, especially Jones. Way to short to close the distance on him

Romero would challenge Jon Jones more than OSP, yes. IMO.

but be careful you don't turn my post into some vague statement about Jones or Jones' abilities. i said three very specific things about the matchup:
  1. last time JJ came back heavily tested after a long layoff, his first fight was very cautious.
  2. i'd love to see if Romero can get inside on that Jon Jones.
  3. i'd love to see if that Jon Jones attempts to grapple with Romero.
I believe even THAT Jones handles Romero. And I really really don't like Jones. Romero would have a nightmare of a time trying to get close enough to even touch Jones, and then I'm not sure he doesn't get handled in the clinch.

109435.jpg

Quick size comparison there. Honestly I would hold out hope for Romero to last until the 3rd round to when he transforms into 3rd Round Romero and can land a fight changing strike.

I'll admit I'm skeptical of Romero's chances against the top of the division, and don't think he has much for DC either. Maybe I just underrate him at LHW given how many people think he's going to make waves

So, some people expect that the dude who can’t beat Whittaker, at two times of trying, will simply move up weight and beat the two fighters that have dominated LHW, one of which is the current HW champ? Sounds reasonable...

If he connects, he can beat anyone, yeah, but his chances are very slim against Jones. Jones is too long and picks him apart from the outside all night. He also stuffs his takedowns rather effortlessly if Romero attempts any, much like he did Cormier’s.

Back