Can people finally stop predicting that Jones will be outwrestled?

MeatheadFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
To me, and most certainly many others it has been clear for a long time that Jones is the best MMA wrestler. But no matter how many credentialed wrestlers he destroys, people never stop predicting him to get outwrestled. Believe it or not, a few years ago, some people on here actually thought King Mo could beat Jones based on wrestling. And this was after Jones had already outwrestled several great wrestlers.

It seems that some people on here are so dense that they are unable to look past credentials. After outwrestling Cormier, perhaps this will stop, but somehow I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised to see threads popping up in a few months about how Phil Davis could bring the fight to Jones based on his wrestling.

Hamill
Matyushenko
Bader
Rashad
Sonnen
Cormier

Do we need to add more to the list before we can recognize Jones' wrestling ability?

Seriously, good point. He's a better wrestler for MMA than GSP, I don't care what anyone says.

gustafsson-takes-jon-jones-down-gif.gif

it's easy to be a great wrestler when you're like a sky scraper towering over your opponents.

jones is great, obviously, but his height exacerbates his ability.

Not his height, but his ability to use height as his advantage

as a Jones fan he got pretty much outwrestled by a non wrestler called the mauler. If outwrestler mean being td and not be able to take someone down.

You just shut the TS down, because he doesn't seem to understand it isn't pure wrestling, but mma applicable wrestling that counts.

Actually, I understand that better than pretty much anyone on here, that's what the thread was about, numbnuts.

DC > Jones in pure wrestling
Jones > DC in MMA wresling

EDIT: just checked your post history, no point arguing with a hater.

Last edited:
The one time no one did Gus dumped him all over the place.. So no!! lol

You're reaching. The ONE time he got taken down in MMA before DC discredits his entire ability? Jose Aldo is supposed to have the best TDD in all of MMA and he's been taken down several times, once by Kenny Florian of all people.

Didnt Gus out wrestle Jones??

You know you're onto something when you can squeeze tears out of a diehard Jones fan right after a title defense.

:D

I am thinking we differ on our opinions of what tears are.

This is what tears look like:

:icon_sad:

[YT]Z4tP_HQ7mqc[/YT]

Everyone is allowed 1 manly tear after watching the video

crying-shepard-single-tear-o.gif

thanks to boomboom1296 for finding the video

I still love you, don't ban me

I won't doubt him again. I did NOT think he would be able to out-wrestle Cormier. Based on his previous performances there was no reason to think he could. That was amazing though. GOAT. I'm converted to a Bones fan after that. Dude is a beast.

Back