Media Can Max Holloway Go On Another 13 Fight Win Streak?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Yeah Sydney Poitier is an absolute beast. Poirier on the other hand is likely going to cop a beatdown from Khabib.

If Poirier was about to fight pre-championship belt Khabib you'd be probably right.
Post championship belt Khabib looks a bit overconfident now. Ok Poirier has a style to make him shine but I feel like inflated ego will catch khabib soon

If Poirier was about to fight pre-championship belt Khabib you'd be probably right.
Post championship belt Khabib looks a bit overconfident now. Ok Poirier has a style to make him shine but I feel like inflated ego will catch khabib soon
Don’t get me wrong mate I’d love nothing more than to see Khabib get sparked, well Israel too, but if he’s motivated and in shape the diamonds likely going to get mauled.

Max is 27 and is still growing.

He should just focus on SC for 6 months and go to LW.

Zabit sends him running to LW.
I think Zabit is Max's easiest fight on OPs list. He would have lost a 5 rounder to Stephens for sure. I think Holloway and Zabit go two good rounds and Max takes over with ease. Hopefully we get to see it.

Max wont even fight 8 more times let alone win 13. The guy takes a lot of punishment and he is an old 27.

I think Zabit is Max's easiest fight on OPs list. He would have lost a 5 rounder to Stephens for sure. I think Holloway and Zabit go two good rounds and Max takes over with ease. Hopefully we get to see it.
I agree. No reason to keep these hypotesticals going as Zabit has to be close in line.

I love Max but no, he'd have to do some of it at 155. He's not powerful enough for todays elire 155ers. He'd benefit from a 165 lbs class if all the heavier guys moved up.

He's not small for 155, he's just fat lol. He can bulk up and be competitive at 155. He had enough pop to stop Dustin from just walking him down.

But I don't know.
This was Holloway's weight for the first Aldo fight:
(2017) Max Holloway: 178 lbs

And he didn't look fat:
web1_20170603-WEB-HOLLOWAY.jpg

Here are the Lightweights I have:
Lightweight
(2017) Kevin Lee: 184 lbs
(2017) Drew Dober: 183 lbs
(2013) Gleison Tibau: 181 lbs
(2018) Paul Felder: 180 lbs
(2017) Davi Ramos: 179 lbs
(2019) Dustin Poirier: 176 lbs
(2018) Conor McGregor: 171 lbs
(2017) Eddie Alvarez: 171 lbs
(2018) Alexander Hernandez: 170 lbs
(2018) Khabib Nurmagomedov: 166 lbs
(2016) Justin Gaethje: 165 lbs
(2018) BJ Penn: 163.5 lbs
(2018) Ryan Hall: 156 lbs

Holloway has the biggest weight cut (percentage-wise) among the 100+ fighters I have in the above thread, he either needs to manage his diet better or move up, because what he's doing right now is going to do permanent damage to his health.

He could win 13 in a row if he fought low level competition, but that's not gonna happen. For the rest of his career hes gonna be fighting guys with a name and following. So, no he will not

Not a chance, he has reached the top of the division/sport, he will only get tough matchups from now on, MMA doesnt do bounce back or squash matches that much like Boxing does, he got a killer in Dustin and now a not so active but still a killer in Frankie Edgar, if he beats him its only to face tough guys one after the other.

It is extremely rare to see a fighter achieve 2 long win streaks.

Jon jones did it with the Hamil “loss” in between, Chuck won 7 straight 2x in UFC (with Randy loss in UFC and Rampage 1 loss in Pride in between).

The problem is that by the time you put together the first impressive streak, the “second streak” will be against nothing but elite monsters. It is tough to run the table for years on end while fighting the very best (and aging and cutting weight, with “so many ways to lose”.)

So .... no.

nope
he already had one stroke
and a full CTE buffet from that last fight

not sure where this 'he's too small for 155' myth is coming from, the guy cuts down from like 185 lbs
MMA fighters are so scared when fighting guys their own weight class, so they all rather kill themselves cutting weight and fighting other dehydrated guys their own weight and gassing after two minutes

I feel like his biggest challenge of the bunch will be Volk. But all tests that he can pass. I haven't lost faith in him as a champion. Moving up in weight to challenge Poirier just made me respect him more.

Back