Media Can Max Holloway Go On Another 13 Fight Win Streak?

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
@Tomas What's your opinion on your own question? You think he gets another 13 fight win streak? If not, who do you think beats him? Do you want him to stay at FW?

It's not even possible to be too big for 145 but too small for 155. His size for 155 is just fine (people greatly exaggerate the almost non-existent size difference between him and Poirier), he just lost a competitive fight to another great fighter.

I don't think so, I believe he will soon get KTFO stiff.

By who exactly? He ate all of Poirier's shots and didn't go out

I didn't read anything you wrote but no.

Ur cool bud

He's not small for 155, he's just fat lol. He can bulk up and be competitive at 155. He had enough pop to stop Dustin from just walking him down.

But I don't know.

I'm saying that the size was the narrative. Everybody said he's just not big enough for lightweight yet

He's not too small for 155. That was a winnable fight against Poirier. He just has to fight smarter.

What would he do differently

Pettis and Lamas should be underlined.

I didn't put them because Pettis missed weight and was debuting at 145, and Lamas was on a 1 fight win streak (Diego Sanchez was the win)

I think that if Frankie doesn't beat him, then Volkanovski will. I don't think his future should be at FW. I'd like to see him stop cutting 30lbs and just dedicate himself to LW.

I think Edgar will be the test for Volkanovski. They don't have the same exact styles but they're similar. Edgar seems like a lesser version of Volk because of the age. How do you see Volk beating Holloway? I would see it as Volk putting him up against the cage and taking him down if he can

@Tomas What's your opinion on your own question? You think he gets another 13 fight win streak? If not, who do you think beats him? Do you want him to stay at FW?

Personally I don't think he'll go on another very long win streak.

I would guess it'd be something like this (if he were to fight the names I listed)

Holloway beats Edgar via 4th round TKO
Volkanovski beats Holloway via split decision
Holloway beats Zombie via split decision war
Holloway beats Zabit via decision (having better cardio)
Then Holloway currently beats the others I mentioned (yair, em, and kattar). I think Kattar probably has the best chance of those 3

I think he'll go on a few long win streaks (5+) and then lose a few. We'll see though

I didn't put them because Pettis missed weight and was debuting at 145, and Lamas was on a 1 fight win streak (Diego Sanchez was the win)

And yet you underlined Swanson who was on a 0 fight win streak and previously lost to Lamas? Lamas had won 7 of his last 9 fights with the only two losses being to Mendes and Aldo.

Also Pettis wasn't debuting at FW. He already won his debut against Oliveira who, once again, you have underlined.

I still think he needs to eventuallygo to 155 while learning how to put on muscle

And yet you underlined Swanson who was on a 0 fight win streak and previously lost to Lamas? Lamas had won 7 of his last 9 fights with the only two losses being to Mendes and Aldo.

Also Pettis wasn't debuting at FW. He already won his debut against Oliveira who, once again, you have underlined.

Alright apparently I'm brain dead

They were both impressive performances from Holloway nonetheless

Alright apparently I'm brain dead

They were both impressive performances from Holloway nonetheless

No worries, yeah it just gives more perspective on how much respect Max deserves for his FW win streak.

I think Edgar will be the test for Volkanovski. They don't have the same exact styles but they're similar. Edgar seems like a lesser version of Volk because of the age. How do you see Volk beating Holloway? I would see it as Volk putting him up against the cage and taking him down if he can

Frankie has a decent chance if he can get even the slightest amount of success with his wrestling, then that will open up some of his boxing. Even if max just bites on the takedown feints, I think Frankie can have success, but really he'll need a takedown to win I think. I also think Frankie is the first guy Max has fought with a gas tank as good as his. Max should be favored, but Frankie is a live dog. I have it 40/60 in favor of max

I think volk tags max on the feet, hard, probably harder than any other 145lber has hit him, and I think he out muscles max In most grappling exchanges. I also don't think volkanovski would gas out. The more I think of it, I believe he is stylistically the toughest match up for max In the division. Even if max tries to fight long, volkanovski kicks like a mother fucker at distance and Max doesn't really check leg kicks. Not only that, but if he gets max on the ground, his ground and pound is fight altering..... I'd favor Volkanovski in that fight.

Last edited:
Can he... yes, anyone can with the right matchups

Will he... no. He's not going to be fighting Will Chope, Cole Miller, Akira Corassani, Clay Collard level fighters anytime soon.

Frankie has a decent chance if he can get even the slightest amount of success with his wrestling, then that will open up some of his boxing. Even if max just bites on the takedown feints, I think Frankie can have success, but really he'll need a takedown to win I think. I also think Frankie is the first Max has fought with a gas tank as good as his. Max should be favored, but Frankie is a live dog. I have it 40/60 in favor of max

I think volk tags him up on the feet, hard, probably harder than any other 145lber has hit him, and I think he out muscles max In most grappling exchanges. I also don't think volkanovski would gas out. The more I think of it, I believe he is stylistically the toughest match up for max I the division. Even if max tries to fight long, volkanovski kicks like a mother fucker at distance Max doesn't really check leg kicks. Not only that, but if he gets max on the ground, his ground and pound is fight altering..... I'd favor Volkanovski in that fight

That's why I wish Jose didn't take that fight lol. It'd be interesting to see who won back when Aldo was champion, but it'd be a very close fight either way.

You're right that Holloway is finally going to be fighting some cardio machines. And maybe I'm looking to deep into things, but Holloway did get a bit tired in that Ortega fight in that 3rd round. He came back like a missile in round 4, but he can get tired himself - especially if heavy wrestling is involved.

Another thing about Volk is that he rarely gets hit. Chad tagged him, but aside from that punch Volk really never got touched. Aldo couldn't land any head strikes either. Volk also isn't going to stand righyt in front of Max, so he won't be as hittable as Aldo or Ortega. I just wish they were fighting later this month. Still okay with the Edgar fight

That's why I wish Jose didn't take that fight lol. It'd be interesting to see who won back when Aldo was champion, but it'd be a very close fight either way.

You're right that Holloway is finally going to be fighting some cardio machines. And maybe I'm looking to deep into things, but Holloway did get a bit tired in that Ortega fight in that 3rd round. He came back like a missile in round 4, but he can get tired himself - especially if heavy wrestling is involved.

Another thing about Volk is that he rarely gets hit. Chad tagged him, but aside from that punch Volk really never got touched. Aldo couldn't land any head strikes either. Volk also isn't going to stand righyt in front of Max, so he won't be as hittable as Aldo or Ortega. I just wish they were fighting later this month. Still okay with the Edgar fight

Not only does volkanovski rarely get hit, but he lands a similar amount per minute as max, but he does so while throwing much less--his accuracy is the highest in the division if I recall correctly. So he lands as often as max, but has better defense than max...

One last thing.

As for Volkanovski being a better version of Frankie, I'd say he's the better striker for sure, but Frankie seems to have more variety in his wrestling and his top control is very, very high level. He's been eating black belts up for over a decade. It's just that Frankie's strongest qualities might not come into play if he can't get Max's back on the mat, plus his age and small size isn't helping him any.

I agree that fighting Frankie first is great prep for a fight with volk, though

idk man

I like Aldo's chances in the trilogy fight.

(im joking)

Not only does volkanovski rarely get hit, but he lands a similar amount per minute as max, but he does so while throwing much less--his accuracy is the highest in the division if I recall correctly. So he lands as often as max, but has better defense than max...

One last thing.

As for Volkanovski being a better version of Frankie, I'd say he's the better striker for sure, but Frankie seems to have more variety in his wrestling and his top control is very, very high level. He's been eating black belts up for over a decade. It's just that Frankie's strongest qualities might not come into play if he can't get Max's back on the mat, plus his age and small size isn't helping him any.

I agree that fighting Frankie first is great prep for a fight with volk, though

Predict these next fights

Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier 2
Diaz vs Pettis
Israel vs Rob

I got DC via 3rd round TKO
Diaz via decision
Israel via 2nd round TKO

Given that every fight will be vs top tier guys, no way can Max win 13 in a row again.

It is funny though that after he lost to Dustin, people somehow forget how good the guy is.

Highly unlikely.

I favor him over everyone else at FW

Volk may be his toughest fight but I believe he kicks the absolute shit out of Frankie, zabit, moicano, KZ, ect..

Charles Oliveira is a more notable win than Pettis and Lamas?

Back