Can Kevin Lee grind out Gaethje for 5 rounds?

Being a wrestler in high school or college doesn't mean he is a good MMA wrestler. MMA wrestling is very different and I've seen very little evidence that Gaethje is a good MMA wrestler.

Oh God, here we go with this shit again...

I can't fathom Lee getting knocked out by Alvarez and Poirer in back to back fights. You have to take it in the full context of the fight.

His fight IQ is light years ahead of him and he's far more proven at this level. JG has gotten cartoon knocked around in 3 of his 4 UFC fights. MJ had him dancing on rubber legs.
I cant fathom justin getting put down by a bjj guy with no power either.

gaychi's best win is against a one-handed fighter

kevin lee smashes him and his mom in the same night

Lee would stick to JG like glue and wear him down over the duration of the fight and probably win via UD.

Change my mind...

You could be entirely right, man. I don't have anything against the guy so if he were to prove me wrong I'd be happy to reform my opinion of the man, either way you could be right.
Yea, we'll see. Certainly Lee has never faced the relentless pressure of Gaethje. Since Gaethje took no damage, this would be a great fight to add to 230 or even 229.

That's because you didn't watch any of his WSOF fights where plenty of guys tried to take him down and failed, or failed to keep him there. It's okay, you're a UFC fan. But at least do your research. Like I said, he doesn't like to go for take downs, or any of that stuff, but if you try to take him down, you're going to have a tough time.
WSOF has guys who wrestle like Kevin Lee I'm sure!

oh boy, gaethje just won and he is suddenly getting severely overrated. make this fight then, let lee have an easy win

Homer Simpson takes Kevin head clean off.
Do you guys know Lee has no Chin?!?

He got TKO by an old Brazilian grappler. Raging Al droped him with a jab. Lee gets smashed

Lee is head and shoulders the better fighter at this point.

JG showed pretty horrific fight IQ against Alvarez and Poirer in sequential fights, we didn't learn anything by a 30 second KO win. We already knew he could hit and kick hard.

I'd take Lee in this by a wide margin.
I wouldn't say he showed "horrific" IQ vs Eddie. He caused a ton of damage,Alvarez could barely walk. He did get outsmarted but it wasnt horrific

Gaethje KO's him pretty easily. Lee is a terrible striker, always gets dropped, and he's not gonna hold Gaethje down. He might not even be able to take Gaethje down, Gaethje has only been taken down by strikers by surprise cause he wasn't expecting the takedown. He always got right back up.

Last edited:
I can't argue with his resume, is is impressive. My post is just my opinion. I think he's an idiot who would get very easily drawn into a brawl with anyone, he's easy to get a reaction out of and he's emotional. I think he'd become a punching bag just because he'd set out on a mission to KO anyone who offended him.

racist.

3 rounder Lee has a real chance. 5 rounder no.

Last edited:
Being a wrestler in high school or college doesn't mean he is a good MMA wrestler. MMA wrestling is very different and I've seen very little evidence that Gaethje is a good MMA wrestler.

That's because you didn't watch any of his WSOF fights where plenty of guys tried to take him down and failed, or failed to keep him there. It's okay, you're a UFC fan. But at least do your research. Like I said, he doesn't like to go for take downs, or any of that stuff, but if you try to take him down, you're going to have a tough time.
kkPtB.gif

Kevin Lee is a stupid fighter. I don't mean that to be as disparaging as it sounds but Kevin Lee is the type of dummy that can be baited into fighting any fight his opponent wants with a few words. He's an impulsive, arrogant, overweight guy with too much pride to fight clever.

I would reference the Chiesa fight to counter your claim but Lee engaged Chiesa in his Micahels kind of fight but it was also Lee's type of fight as well so who knows.

Back