Can Kevin Lee grind out Gaethje for 5 rounds?

I can't argue with his resume, is is impressive. My post is just my opinion. I think he's an idiot who would get very easily drawn into a brawl with anyone, he's easy to get a reaction out of and he's emotional. I think he'd become a punching bag just because he'd set out on a mission to KO anyone who offended him.
Interesting, not sure why you think that would happen tho. He seems pretty professional and calm in the octagon every time he fights ( to me anyway). Doesn't seem to me he takes any of it personally, seems like he has fun with it and plays the game pretty well. Fair play to you tho. Hope they book this fight.

Lee is terrible on the feet.

If Justin can avoid the takedown or getting his back taken against the fence he'll knock out Kevin for sure.

Lee's best chance is probably getting an early RNC. I think Justin's TDD is probably good enough to not get grapplefucked over 3-5 rounds.

You know he's a collegiate champion, right? Lol at you noobs not knowing Justin's wrestling pedigree. Wiki's your friend. People bash him for not using it, but they don't understand, he is using it, to not get taken down. That's it.

Justin_Gaethje_College_Article1.jpg

<PlusJuan>

This

Justins scrambling is top notch, and the times he has been caught with a TD from being a striker, he pops rights the fuck up.

I know he can KO Lee, I wanna see him stuff those desperate TDs

What's with all these Sherdog members with unflattering Mackenzie Dern face pics as avatars lately? I've seen at least 5 different ones this week.

Can you imagine Gaethje actually using offensive wrestling. That'd be crazy. like top 5 crazy.

Some would say the fact that we've never seen justin challenged by wrestler or grappler is a display of mastery.

Just watch what happened when Poirier surprised him with a td. He sprang up like a freaking cat.
Yeah, I remember that. Justin just stood up like it was nothing lol

What's with all these Sherdog members with unflattering Mackenzie Dern face pics as avatars lately? I've seen at least 5 different ones this week.
All pictures of Derns face are unflattering tbh.

Being a wrestler in high school or college doesn't mean he is a good MMA wrestler. MMA wrestling is very different and I've seen very little evidence that Gaethje is a good MMA wrestler.

If you are wrestling in the NCAA and/or won a state title in HS, odds are that you are going to be a very good MMA wrestler. Key is being able to strike to set-up a takedown. Some wrestlers can't strike and it makes them predicatable. Gaethje can strike.

We don't see Gaethje's wrestling because he likes to knock people out. If he is taken down, he gets right back up. Lee may be able to get him down, but I don't think he holds him down.

I still don't know if Lee can beat a wrestler.
There's a trend of Lee losing to guys with wrestling pedigrees--Tony and Al.

Justin is far more credentialed of a wrestler than Tony or AI, and although he doesn't use it much, he has shown great scrambling abilities. He's more dangerous on the feet, too.

He fought Al literally a dozen fights ago. You can watch Al getting tapped out in his UFC debut, he's a hitter with a high school wrestling background (and less than a year of community college) I don't see him being a problem in the grappling department now.

Tony is the most proven lightweight in the sport right, arguably in the history of the sport considering his historic run. Lee also visibly had a really bad staph infection. He ended the first round in mount and was dominating the grappling until gassing.

JG hasn't done much of anything with his wrestling, he has however gotten himself knocked out back to back in winnable fights because his fight IQ is that bad.

I'll take Lee by a mile.

Is lee head and shoulders above Justin in striking? Hell no. Striking is his weakness. Its serviceable enough to keep him alive but as we've seen in almost all his fights, if it stays on the feet for long periods of time he will get cracked.

I can't fathom Lee getting knocked out by Alvarez and Poirer in back to back fights. You have to take it in the full context of the fight.

His fight IQ is light years ahead of him and he's far more proven at this level. JG has gotten cartoon knocked around in 3 of his 4 UFC fights. MJ had him dancing on rubber legs.

He fought Al literally a dozen fights ago. You can watch Al getting tapped out in his UFC debut, he's a hitter with a high school wrestling background (and less than a year of community college) I don't see him being a problem in the grappling department now.

Tony is the most proven lightweight in the sport right, arguably in the history of the sport considering his historic run. Lee also visibly had a really bad staph infection. He ended the first round in mount and was dominating the grappling until gassing.

JG hasn't done much of anything with his wrestling, he has however gotten himself knocked out back to back in winnable fights because his fight IQ is that bad.

I'll take Lee by a mile.

Until I see Lee beat a wrestler, I won't believe it. Especially against a wrestler who can put lee's lights out on the feet.

I personally think Lee is the best wrestler at LW but he can't take a punch.

Until I see Lee beat a wrestler, I won't believe it. Especially against a wrestler who can put lee's lights out on the feet.
He beat Chiesa, who is a solid wrestler.

Interesting, not sure why you think that would happen tho. He seems pretty professional and calm in the octagon every time he fights ( to me anyway). Doesn't seem to me he takes any of it personally, seems like he has fun with it and plays the game pretty well. Fair play to you tho. Hope they book this fight.
You could be entirely right, man. I don't have anything against the guy so if he were to prove me wrong I'd be happy to reform my opinion of the man, either way you could be right.

Kevin Lee best strike IS a livrer kick..i think he win this inside 3

Back