Can JoeB make enough adjustments?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In order to beat Figureido this time round. Personally i think he can’t, but he is a very high level fighter and I wouldn’t be too surprised if he found a path to victory.

One thing that he can’t do is box with Fig. He gets stopped in that kind of fight 9/10.

BTW this fight is headliner for the FW belt the Wednesday after 251 - co main is Kelvin vs Hermansson

no he is too small/weak compared to the brazilian

he has also been in alot of fights/wars. im not sure how far joe b is from his prime, but his opponent is probably still improving/getting better.

joe B could win of course, because the brailian has a very hard time making weight. but i dont see it happening

JoeB is too far past his best to deal with someone like Fig.

the JoeB that was feinting and setting up his work and combos back when he was with Bang Ludwig could def make the adjustments to win but at this point i think he loses again prolly a decision this time

Fig realised some point throughout the fight that Joe couldn't hurt him and just walked him down. He could do the same but earlier this time

I struggle to see Joe B winning. Even when they grappled Fig got the better of him. Fig has an iron chin and has good timing and counters to Benavidez’s head first rushes.

I will say that Fig is sometimes happy to just eat/roll with punches. Fig fights with his hands low and although he is good at slipping, he is hittable. Joe B hit him plenty in the first fight and he should be capable of landing punches again. Joe B has to hope that Fig doesn’t land the counters. A good starting point would be to not lead head first, but it’s a bit late at this point to get rid of that habit. Joe B could win the first couple of rounds if he is on top form. From there he can try to play it safe and can attempt to secure one more round. Fig doesn’t seem to have amazing cardio and Joe B could take one of the championship rounds. Joe B should perhaps look to grapple more, but Fig handled him very well on the mat. Fig is also excellent in the clinch. Still, the only guy to beat Fig is Formiga, and he won his top control. I put Benavidez’s chances at no more than 30 percent in this fight. Fig just has the physical edge and the youth. It’s unfortunate that one of the greatest fighters of all time will probably never touch gold.

Last edited:
no chance, he will get starched harder this time.

I don’t think he can. Had Mighty Mouse not ruled the division when Joe B was in his prime, Joe B could have been champ. Instead, he became an also-ran, and his age/injuries, coupled with stagnation at TeamAlphaMale, is unfortunately leading him into the sunset without a belt.

Joe will get murked even worse this time

Deiveson beats prime DJ

Lost all respect for Joe B, he can't win a title to save his life so embarrassing

Back