Can JDS win a decision against Cain?

if jds improves his groundgame, yes
he shouldn

Probably not... unless he batters Cain to a living-death during round 1 or 2 and just cruises from there. But at that point it would still be more likely that he'd win by KO.

He can in a similar way that Hendo beat Shogun. Hurt him badly during the first 3 rounds.

He can if he hurts Cain early and stops the TD without gassing. I can't really see JDS dominating in a decision victory. It would probably be a decision where he gets a couple rounds by hurting Cain or outstriking him while avoiding the TD, but Cain probably will take some rounds via TD/pressure etc.

Much more likely that JDS wins via KO instead of decision.

First answer is right. JDS would almost always win by KO, if it goes to the cards, it will be Cain.

It was always the consensus that Cain would have the advantage the longer the fight went.

I agree I think JDS can and might do it again, but he's gonna have to finish Cain early. Cain is to aggressive constantly pressuring.

If the UFC adopts a new rule that limits takedown attempts to 2 per round, perhaps. So, no. And I like JDS more than Cain.

Nope, because that would mean he would be tagging Cain and winning the fight on the feet. Cain would be knocked out before then.

Good point. I think Cain either recovers and takes the fight later or goes out, I don't see him going into survival mode.

No. He needs to KO Cain within 5-7 min at most.

Cain doesn't react well to punches, therefore isn't able to absorb a lot of dmg done by a striker like JDS.

If JDS is going to dominate Cain, it will most likely end in a devastating fashion by a brutal stoppage (KO,TKO).

Cain is a volume puncher with neverending gas resource. If he avoids getting tagged a lot, he turns the table on his side en route to an UD victory.

Nope. Cain has the blueprint now.. Pressure him and back him up on the feet to exploit his non existant defensive boxing and mix with clinch and takedowns.. Hell he basically had no answer for a straight jab.

If he can land that same shot he landed on Carwin, yeah, all he would need to do is last 2 more rounds. Im not saying that this would be likely, but it can happen

I can't see JDS knocking Cain out again, and I doubt he can win a decision against him.

Back