Can JDS win a decision against Cain?

BorrowDolla

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If these two fight again, do you think JDS can win if the fight goes the full 5 rounds? Is JDS always going to be over matched if it comes down to endurance?

He can if he hurts Cain early and stops the TD without gassing. I can't really see JDS dominating in a decision victory. It would probably be a decision where he gets a couple rounds by hurting Cain or outstriking him while avoiding the TD, but Cain probably will take some rounds via TD/pressure etc.

Much more likely that JDS wins via KO instead of decision.

It was always the consensus that Cain would have the advantage the longer the fight went.

Nope, because that would mean he would be tagging Cain and winning the fight on the feet. Cain would be knocked out before then.

Nope, because that would mean he would be tagging Cain and winning the fight on the feet. Cain would be knocked out before then.

This. I think Cain would get knocked out if JDS was able to land the kind of shots needed to secure rounds.

No. 5 rounds with atleast 3 of them going to JDS, pretty sure one of those shots would put Cain down.

If these two fight again, do you think JDS can win if the fight goes the full 5 rounds?

yes he can win the decision, he took everything cain had and was still standing (his face was a mess though), cain doenst have the power to KO JDS even at the start of the fight, but we all know JDS can KO cain, cains cardio was also gone in the 3rd.

ive got JDS in the rubber match.

I'm really struggling to picture this. Maybe if a positively huge amounts of nasty body shots were involved.

But, no. If JDS, then by anything but Decision.

yes he can win the decision, he took everything cain had and was still standing (his face was a mess though), cain doenst have the power to KO JDS even at the start of the fight, but we all know JDS can KO cain, cains cardio was also gone in the 3rd.

How can he win a decision if he's just getting hit?

It's not an endurance issue. JDS didn't lose that fight because of his endurance, he lost that fight because Cain is the superior fighter. Highly unlikely JDS could take a decision from Cain because that would mean he would have to be able to keep it standing for 25 minutes, and if that happened my guess is one of them goes to sleep before we reach the final bell.

this.

If it goes to decision, I honestly don't see JDS winning. Like someone else mentioned, chances are JDS winning by KO/TKO within the rounds are much much higher.

Unless he pull a Condit style and point fight, which will lose him alot of fans even if he wins Cain. Not trying say "Condit style" is a bad thing, it's just smart fighting. But smart fighting don't win fans much.

imho, he wont. the only way for him to beat Cain is via TKO / KO (more likely) or a sub. the pace Cain puts will be too much that by 3rd round, he gets overwhelmed tilting the fight in Cain's favor

He probably won't but it's possible. I can't imagine Junior losing his killer instinct but fighters tend to fight 'smarter' after taking a huge loss on a huge stage. I can see him hurting Cain and controlling the fight totally while cutting down on risk

If JDS is winning the fight, it means it stays standing and JDS' opponent is getting a beating.
I don't think Cain can survive what Nelson and Carwin endured.

If JDS gets the upper hand in a fight he's much more likely to finish than to go the distance.

The first fight was a fluke, and 2nd fight Cain beat JDS in Standup and on the ground

Back