Can JDS fans finally admit the first fight was

flukes are part of the fight game... it wasn't the first, and it won't be the last by any means

This. You can only fight the opponent in front of you. Sometimes you get lucky. Tonight, Cain was clearly the superior fighter.

I respect both men. Cain is a worthy Champion, and I look forward to his next fight. Any word on who his next opponent will be?

He would have a puncher's chance, just like in the first fight. Other than that I expect JDS getting tooled again, that if he gets another shot.

Well some people are in denial.

Man I think you're over simplifying it. Cain had a hell of a hard time getting JDS down, especially before he dropped him, and of course late in the fight but they were both pretty much gassed out. If JDS improves his striking defense I can see him giving Cain a hell of a lot of problems in another match. JDS always keeps his hands low though and I've been waiting for someone to finally crack him. Cain did it tonight, I expect JDS to work on that. I guess time will tell.

This. You can only fight the opponent in front of you. Sometimes you get lucky. Tonight, Cain was clearly the superior fighter.

I respect both men. Cain is a worthy Champion, and I look forward to his next fight. Any word on who his next opponent will be?

I think Dana said if Overeem wins hes next.

Part of the problem with this comparison is I'd say that people misunderstand GSP/Serra 1.

That fight to me isnt a "fluke", rather its GSP fighting with a very poor gameplan looking to strike with a guy who has big power and a great chin. In the rematch GSP didnt destroy Serra standing, he merely switched tactics and beat him on the ground as he should have first time round. In a straight MMA kickboxing match I think Serra is always a very real threat of GSP at that stage.

Cain/JDS is still rather different to me though as the former didnt really change gameplans so much as fight more aggresively which exposed hither to unknown weaknesses(at least to the extent we saw here) in his opponants game. Honiestly I can't say that there wasnt the potential for JDS to catch Cain again, there clearly was but he was unable to do it when pressured for whatever reason.

flukish, ala Serra vs. GSP, where the superior fighter was caught and lost?

I think there shouldn't be any doubt after tonight.

Are you kidding me? Not even comparable.

JDS beat cain dominant in their first fight, he did his thing and knocked cain out.
The same goes for cain in their second fight, he also dominated JDS. No fluke

No, because JDS is used to knock people out in the first round with punches, and look at the odds. Serra-GSP =/= Cain-JDS

Back