Can JDS fans finally admit the first fight was

Cigano didnt give up........... UD is way better than ko/tkoed

Not quite as much, but I always said that it's stupid to assume that JDS is better just cuz he knocked him out.

Kongo did better against Cain than JDS tonight.

JDS did better in this fight than Cain did in the first fight.

JDS's win was better than Cain's, and JDS' loss was better than Cain's loss.

Nobody believes JDS is the better fighter now. That means Cain's win was better.

sigh....

KO aren't the end be all. Victories like JDS can be achieved by cans. Victories like Cain can only be achieved by superior fighters.

Serra is not better in any facet of MMA than GSP.
JDS is better in some facets like striking, but he needs to improve his cardio and conserve energy better.
Cain beat him badly tonight but if he can improve his cardio there will be a sick rubber match.

It wasn't flukish because with heavyweights all it takes is one punch and that's what happened in the first fight and can happen again.

Cain just slaughtered JDS, he made him look like a helpless child.

Yeah, I looked through some other threads tonight and I don't know if you're just on Cain's nuts or just don't like JDS, but calling that first fight a fluke and implying JDS/Cain 3 would just be a repeat of tonight is about as ridiculous as thinking tonight was going to be a repeat of the first fight.

We live in the present not in the past. Which means Cain's win is more relevant than his loss. You can try and discredit cain all you want, but it's basically all nonsense.

Nobody believes JDS is the better fighter now. That means Cain's win was better.

Really? Nobody does? :eek:

sigh....

KO aren't the end be all. Victories like JDS can be achieved by cans. Victories like Cain can only be achieved by superior fighters.

Great fighters can usually finish a guy who's stays loopy for three straight rounds & gassed for four 1/4.

No, both fights happened they way they were supposed to happen no point arguing about it.

Hindsight is 20/20 eh?

We live in the present not in the past. Which means Cain's win is more relevant than his loss. You can try and discredit cain all you want, but it's basically all nonsense.

Not when it's regarding whether he deserves a rematch. Each got a solid punch in on either guy; JDS finished Cain, Cain couldn't finish a half-there JDS. How does Cain get a rematch and JDS not?

Great fighters can usually finish a guy who's stays loopy for three straight rounds & gassed for four 1/4.

Great fighters like Anderson Silva who couldn't finish a hurt Maia? Or Perhaps Aldo couldn't finish this?:

mark_hominick_ufc_129.jpg

flukish, ala Serra vs. GSP, where the superior fighter was caught and lost?

I think there shouldn't be any doubt after tonight.

You see you use the word superior and it rubs people the wrong way.

A lot of us have been watching fights of some sort for years and years and understand that anything can happen on any given night.

Two great fighters.

They will probably fight at least one more time,

Not when it's regarding whether he deserves a rematch. Each got a solid punch in on either guy; JDS finished Cain, Cain couldn't finish a half-there JDS. How does Cain get a rematch and JDS not?

First of all you don't need to discredit Cain's win to justify a rubber match. It makes you look like a bitter nuthugger. The HW division still lacks contenders and JDS will mostly likely get his rubber match after one win whether people on this forum want it or not.

Yeah, I looked through some other threads tonight and I don't know if you're just on Cain's nuts or just don't like JDS, but calling that first fight a fluke and implying JDS/Cain 3 would just be a repeat of tonight is about as ridiculous as thinking tonight was going to be a repeat of the first fight.

He would have a puncher's chance, just like in the first fight. Other than that I expect JDS getting tooled again, that if he gets another shot.

Well some people are in denial.

It's funny. They say Junior's punch/KO was a fluke because it finished him. But Cain punched Junior with a great shot that did not KO him, pure brilliance, and Junior was all wobbly and Cain could still not finish him. So according to their theory, Junior's punch he threw, if he did not KO Cain and just let Cain stagger for 5 Rounds, it would be such a superior performance because it shows that Junior can just play around with a guy for 5 rounds, not being able to finish him. People who say fast KOs or whatever mean nothing are so fucken stupid. Same people who say shit like Anderson Silva's kick against Vitor was lucky and didn't really mean anything.

Cain came in with an excellent game plan and fought great, but people still discrediting JDS's first win are just so fucken dumb. Seriously.

Back