Can JDS fans finally admit the first fight was

The first fight did not prove much besides that JDS has KO power which we know. He landed a huge punch behind the ear way too early in the fight to see who is the better fighter. What Cain did was much more impressive. He pretty much dominated everywhere in every round. I think if JDS does not land that behind the ear punch in the first fight in like the first minute the fight would unfold and have a similar outcome to today.

How is catching a guy early and controlling the rest of the fight when he is out of it any less flukish than catching a guy early and knocking him out? If you think about what happened in both fights, the only real difference is that JDS was able to stop Cain when he caught him.

There's a difference between catching and outclassing.

JDS was outclassed tonight.

The first fight did not prove much besides that JDS has KO power which we know. He landed a huge punch behind the ear way too early in the fight to see who is the better fighter. What Cain did was much more impressive. He pretty much dominated everywhere in every round. I think if JDS does not land that behind the ear punch in the first fight in like the first minute the fight would unfold and have a similar outcome to today.

Agreed.
a

"flukish" may be the wrong word... but people who understand when they see a great fighter taken out before he can prove his overwhelming superiority, as seemed to be the case in Velasquez/Dos Santos I and pretty much proven tonight, people will almost always and immediately turn to the arguably improper terminology used by the TS

one thing cannot be argued imo... both of these guys are great

There's a difference between catching and outclassing.

JDS was outclassed tonight.

And Cain was outclassed when he got knocked out in the first, the only difference is Junior was able to end the fight with his big shot. If you see a significant difference between the two fights, you may want to examine your own bias, or critical thinking skills.

GTFO

When two of the best in the world step in the cage, there are no flukes.

Fuck this thread.

And Cain was outclassed when he got knocked out in the first, the only difference is Junior was able to end the fight with his big shot. If you see a significant difference between the two fights, you may want to examine your own bias, or critical thinking skills.

No he was just caught. Getting caught is not getting outclassed. MMA has shown time after time that the better fighter doesn't always win.

As unbiased as I can sound (I'm not a super fan of either) - JDS looked nothing like he did in the first fight. Cain looked nothing like he did in the first fight. JDS came out looking scared, Cain came out looking extremely confident, and showed it.

You know Dana White & Co. are going to make a third chapter and make bank off it.

No, none of the fanboys will admit that. But they will all STFU about JDS being a P4P great. He got absolutely tooled tonight. No "legacy" for JDS, sorry.

Lol someone's still mad that Cain has a loss on his record. Oh well, it was a good showing by Cain tonight. Can't wait until the rematch. These two guys are the best HW's in the world.

im not a jds fan, but no. thats stupid. jds was better that night, cain was better this night. dont think thats to hard accept

Not a fluke. Both great fighters, if anything tonight showed us that it can go either way. stop being so one sided and show some respect. Looking forward to third fight.

What the fuck? It was not a fluke. Cain was better tonight than he was that night for sure.

Wasn't a fluke. Cain stood too long with Dos Santos, started reacting to the body shots and got caught off guard with an overhand right. Doesn't mean every fight will go like that.

flukish, ala Serra vs. GSP, where the superior fighter was caught and lost?

I think there shouldn't be any doubt after tonight.

Serra only has 2 KOs in all of his fights. Pretty sure JDS has 9+ KOs, all almost in a row. But hey, it obviously must be a fluke, just like all of Anderson Silva's wins.

But when Cain lands a punch that buckles JDS, it obviously isn't a fluke....love Shertard's logic...

Shut up... A fluke, seriously? The guy has 11 knockouts/tkos & somehow that one was a fluke even though Cain's chin has shown to be breakable sometimes?.. I guess he fluked and knocked out half of the division too then.. I hate people saying a fighter winning by knockout was a fluke.. You go into the fight looking to finish (at least the real fighters do).. To say doing his job & what he's best at is a fluke is disrespectful & stupid..

Serra only has 2 KOs in all of his fights. Pretty sure JDS has 9+ KOs, all almost in a row. But hey, it obviously must be a fluke, just like all of Anderson Silva's wins.

But when Cain lands a punch that buckles JDS, it obviously isn't a fluke....love Shertard's logic...

True story, Cain cannot lose unless it's by a fluke...

lol you guys are insane, you think mma fans are all bandwagoners? greatly looking forward to JDS's next fight.

I just think the 1st fight didn't necessarily prove JDS was better.

I think by their nature, one punch/strike ko's in the 1st round can't prove whether or not someone is truly better

Back