Can JDS fans finally admit the first fight was

Claude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
flukish, ala Serra vs. GSP, where the superior fighter was caught and lost?

I think there shouldn't be any doubt after tonight.

they will jump on the overeem wagon...I think there's a bunch of guys that would beat overeem but people just jump on the next hope.

flukes are part of the fight game... it wasn't the first, and it won't be the last by any means

JDS caught Cain like he did many fighters. Nothing flukish about it when it's your specialty. Cain learned from it and came better prepared, that's what changed. Just like JDS will learn from tonight and come better prepared for the inevitable rubber match.

I'm a JDS fan, Cain beat him fair and square tonight, just like JDS beat him fair and square the first time. They were both standing up and JDS landed a bomb like he usually does.

Not exactly a JDS fan, and no way was their first fight a fluke.

it wasn't a fluke. Dos Santos was the better fighter that night and Cain this night.
and no i am not jumping off. i actually think Cain would beat Overeem

No, none of the fanboys will admit that. But they will all STFU about JDS being a P4P great. He got absolutely tooled tonight. No "legacy" for JDS, sorry.

flukish, ala Serra vs. GSP, where the superior fighter was caught and lost?

I think there shouldn't be any doubt after tonight.

Essentially the fight was over after that punch and GNP salvo. That was flukish don't you think? JDS got caught by the inferior fighter and was never the same.

STFU TS

Nothing about that fight was a fluke

No I don't think they can. And yes like someone said above they have probably already switched to Cain's bandwagon!

Still... JDS can come back strong maybe. Im not a big fan of either of them but I find JDS to be more likeable, even though I was rooting for Cain to win I felt sorry for JDS getting dominated from beginning to end.

it wasn't a fluke. Dos Santos was the better fighter that night and Cain this night.
and no i am not jumping off. i actually think Cain would beat Overeem

I don't think catching him with a big punch means he's better.

If JDS landed some miracle strike at the end of the fight, would Cain still be the "better fighter?" If that's the case, then Chael is better than Anderson.

Cain certainly had the gameplan down pat tonight. Push push push and wear out your opponent, throw 50% strikes, etc...

As a fan of both men no. There is no such thing as a fluke.

JDS Will be back, Cain was the best man tonight..

I thought Cain won the rematch as soon as the first was over, but JDS is a great fighter, and great fighters don't win on a fluke.

Back