Can I win a kickbox fight

This is a question that should be decided by a coach, yes of coarse maybe you could beat some independent scrub if you have a background but I suggest you put 6 hard months in at a good gym before trying.

Are you a Russian ? I understand 50% of what Putin is saying in Russian

Are you a Russian ? I understand 50% of what Putin is saying in Russian
I’m Half Russian half Tennessee redneck, and yes I speak the language, keep training and have a talk with your coach and tell him your plans and tell him when he feels your ready to set up a match. с богом это возможно, удачи мой друг.

Kicks are looking alright, winging hooks isn't getting you far though.

67034129.jpg

Kicks are looking alright, winging hooks isn't getting you far though.

Yeah it looks reckless. First video I just wanted to explode a little, like a sprint on the bag.

The second video was very lose and generally my boxing defensse is kinda loose, in part due to broad shoulders so I can't keep a tight guard. And my defensive work is movement and counters.

I guess I also save energy with a relaxed guard. Cause my cardio isn't good as the last years I never trained consistently anymore.

What bothers me bout the video is the two slowass front kicks in the second video.

You won't find out until you step in there.
Quit writing about it and get to it.
Good luck. I hope you win.

You won't find out until you step in there.
Quit writing about it and get to it.
Good luck. I hope you win.

Why should I "quit writing and get to it" ?

Yeah I forgot to say I had a public sparring session. I don't know what it's called. There were aprox 20 boxing fights that evening, the first 10 didn't have scoring . I was one of the first 10. 3 x 2 minutes, there are 8 counts and KOs T(ko)s. But no scoring, it's not official. You can know you lost if you got stopped, but it's not recorded. Great I have that expirience elsewise I wouldn't know what I'm getting myself into. The stress is heavy.

Well my fight went well, I def won the first 2 rounds, 3rd round I was so gassed from mistakes in preparation that you could call it a draw or he atacked more. In my weird memory nobody landed a punch in the 3rd round. You're brain functions totally different when you're in there, sureal situation. Some dude in front of you like a everyday sparring session but you actually go hard 100% and try to hurt him it's not your sparring partner where you watch out to not hurt him during sparring.

And the pain from the fight was nothing, didn't get hurt, any actual sparring session that was not light hurt more then that.

Guy was way taller then me but I was more athletic. Not impressed by him.

I had my adrenaline rush and wanted to train forever when the trainer brought it up and taked me into taking the fight, he said I would win and the guys from the gym also said I would win. Asked how tall he was, he was like 6'2 + . I was 84kg he was 87 88 kg. I had motivation of my life to train started jumping rope like Mike Tyson, then I realised the fight is in 2 days and not next sunday. So I go home started worrying what if it breaks my spine and what if I die. Next day, meaning day before the fight, I come to training simply cause I can't say no to my trainer and didn't wanna give my opinion on rest ect. I come to hear instructions bout tomorow where we meet where are we going.

I start runing during the warm up, gassed after 2 minutes, it's been a 6 days a row week of hard training and my back is sore the muscles and my legs. But you don't say that to your trainer, I didn't.

So I only sleep 7 hours, normaly I have very deep sleep. And wake up with zero appetite. I remember driving there with the team, in the car. I'm eating there, then my teammate comes and says it's your turn. I was like are you joking I thought I had 2 more hours or something.

So I go there and fight. I was nervous. The fight itself were just instincts. I was faster stronger. I would say average amateur fight nothing special.

Considering how gassed I was before the fight I did well. I just remember everything being spontanous and not thinking bout strategy like during sparring.

Going 100% changes the game.

In any case later they wanted a rematch and right after the 3rd round was up his trainer started mumbling angrily something bout us cheating as I didn't have a boxing licencse we just used the one from some dude who used to train and looks similar to me

Not only was that my first boxing fight, I also did it under a fake identity. I was like a undercover secret agent boxer. Im sayin bruh.

Our co trainer said I outclassed him, never seen a more biased trainer. The real trainer was ok I think, during the third round he shouted what are you looking at him hit him, funny guy, he was being serious. The president of the club liked my tripe left hook and said I wasn't scared to which the main trainer replayed "he was white as this wall". Yes of course I was scared man. But I threw punches. Everyone is scared. I didn't throw up, didn't stay seeples, I never once said anything bout being scared or wanting to cancel the fight, I was scared, I fought scared. Other people throw up. Some don't show up. Some quit from 1 punch. UFC fighters have had each of these symptoms and froezen up in the cage.

I know a guy who had cca 15 pro mma fights and said he throws up before fights, Pat Berry said it too. One guy confessed he was looking for where he could ran away before his first fight <45>. I was just scared, hey why wouldn't I be. I could get put unconscious to the floor. I can get my nose broken. I fight in front of people, with a stranger who trains to do this.

Me and the guy got on nice, talked shaked hands before and after.

I was always the one who never competes and keeps dropping out of training. The other guys who trained multiple years like me at that gym mostly had 10-30 fights. 1 guy has cca 30 fights and I think lost more then he won. He got KOd hard at a fight. I mean bruh, two of these dudes, you can upload their sparring on a fightpass episode.

I'm happy I didn't compete. But now it's a delicious thought to get in shape and use my skills. First train 4-6 months ad do 1 fight.

I feel like I'm creatively and athletically gifted. And I got a passion for it. Work ad gym being far away and personal issues have kept me outside of training. My favorite thing to do is be at a kickboxing training session.

I literally had a buddy who organised local fight events tell me to just get in the cage tonight do a fight so I have something to tell my grandkids about one day.

I'm due for this shit. Love it or not. Are you tough enough Oliver.

I used to be good. Train 2 hard hours a day. Spar for 20 minutes in a row. I'm not joking. Felt so good. 84 kg. In shape. Thick forearms from Bagwork . Sometimes 2 hours boxing training, then roll with the mma fighter who did our boxing class fir 30 min, he outweighs me by 25 pounds and is a purple/blue belt, today probably black belt . He taps me out I just kept rolling.

But here you have it. A story.

Now you go get yourself some fights

I only do it if it makes me happy

Last edited:
Why should I "quit writing and get to it" ?

Yeah I forgot to say I had a public sparring session. I don't know what it's called. There were aprox 20 boxing fights that evening, the first 10 didn't have scoring . I was one of the first 10. 3 x 2 minutes, there are 8 counts and KOs T(ko)s. But no scoring, it's not official. You can know you lost if you got stopped, but it's not recorded. Great I have that expirience elsewise I wouldn't know what I'm getting myself into. The stress is heavy.

Well my fight went well, I def won the first 2 rounds, 3rd round I was so gassed from mistakes in preparation that you could call it a draw or he atacked more. In my weird memory nobody landed a punch in the 3rd round. You're brain functions totally different when you're in there, sureal situation. Some dude in front of you like a everyday sparring session but you actually go hard 100% and try to hurt him it's not your sparring partner where you watch out to not hurt him during sparring.

And the pain from the fight was nothing, didn't get hurt, any actual sparring session that was not light hurt more then that.

Guy was way taller then me but I was more athletic. Not impressed by him.

I had my adrenaline rush and wanted to train forever when the trainer brought it up and taked me into taking the fight, he said I would win and the guys from the gym also said I would win. Asked how tall he was, he was like 6'2 + . I was 84kg he was 87 88 kg. I had motivation of my life to train started jumping rope like Mike Tyson, then I realised the fight is in 2 days and not next sunday. So I go home started worrying what if it breaks my spine and what if I die. Next day, meaning day before the fight, I come to training simply cause I can't say no to my trainer and didn't wanna give my opinion on rest ect. I come to hear instructions bout tomorow where we meet where are we going.

I start runing during the warm up, gassed after 2 minutes, it's been a 6 days a row week of hard training and my back is sore the muscles and my legs. But you don't say that to your trainer, I didn't.

So I only sleep 7 hours, normaly I have very deep sleep. And wake up with zero appetite. I remember driving there with the team, in the car. I'm eating there, then my teammate comes and says it's your turn. I was like are you joking I thought I had 2 more hours or something.

So I go there and fight. I was nervous. The fight itself were just instincts. I was faster stronger. I would say average amateur fight nothing special.

Considering how gassed I was before the fight I did well. I just remember everything being spontanous and not thinking bout strategy like during sparring.

Going 100% changes the game.

In any case later they wanted a rematch and right after the 3rd round was up his trainer started mumbling angrily something bout us cheating as I didn't have a boxing licencse we just used the one from some dude who used to train and looks similar to me

Not only was that my first boxing fight, I also did it under a fake identity. I was like a undercover secret agent boxer. Im sayin bruh.

Our co trainer said I outclassed him, never seen a more biased trainer. The real trainer was ok I think, during the third round he shouted what are you looking at him hit him, funny guy, he was being serious. The president of the club liked my tripe left hook and said I wasn't scared to which the main trainer replayed "he was white as this wall". Yes of course I was scared man. But I threw punches. Everyone is scared. I didn't throw up, didn't stay seeples, I never once said anything bout being scared or wanting to cancel the fight, I was scared, I fought scared. Other people throw up. Some don't show up. Some quit from 1 punch. UFC fighters have had each of these symptoms and froezen up in the cage.

I know a guy who had cca 15 pro mma fights and said he throws up before fights, Pat Berry said it too. One guy confessed he was looking for where he could ran away before his first fight <45>. I was just scared, hey why wouldn't I be. I could get put unconscious to the floor. I can get my nose broken. I fight in front of people, with a stranger who trains to do this.

Me and the guy got on nice, talked shaked hands before and after.

I was always the one who never competes and keeps dropping out of training. The other guys who trained multiple years like me at that gym mostly had 10-30 fights. 1 guy has cca 30 fights and I think lost more then he won. He got KOd hard at a fight. I mean bruh, two of these dudes, you can upload their sparring on a fightpass episode.

I'm happy I didn't compete. But now it's a delicious thought to get in shape and use my skills. First train 4-6 months ad do 1 fight.

I feel like I'm creatively and athletically gifted. And I got a passion for it. Work ad gym being far away and personal issues have kept me outside of training. My favorite thing to do is be at a kickboxing training session.

I literally had a buddy who organised local fight events tell me to just get in the cage tonight do a fight so I have something to tell my grandkids about one day.

I'm due for this shit. Love it or not. Are you tough enough Oliver.

I used to be good. Train 2 hard hours a day. Spar for 20 minutes in a row. I'm not joking. Felt so good. 84 kg. In shape. Thick forearms from Bagwork . Sometimes 2 hours boxing training, then roll with the mma fighter who did our boxing class fir 30 min, he outweighs me by 25 pounds and is a purple/blue belt, today probably black belt . He taps me out I just kept rolling.

But here you have it. A story.

Now you go get yourself some fights

I only do it if it makes me happy
That was a pretty cool story.
Glad you are enjoying yourself.
Keep it up.

Go for it. You wont regret it. Even if you dont win.

A 50-year old tuk-tuk driver with a whole bottle of SangSom in him would be able to bob-and-weave through those half-arsed attempts at punches to deliver the well-deserved elbow KO.

your kicks and knees look good I think your boxing needs some work but you've definatley got a great foundation to improve on

I would work more at fundamentals. This spinning and jumping shit is putting you off balance and will make you gas faster. At this level you'll get far by staying composed and throwing simple combinations rather than going wild.

Back